Jump to content
Jackolis

Mic output not working

Recommended Posts

Hello all!

 I purchased the game two days ago and love the gameplay, I am having an issue with my mic though. I have searched multiple forums to try and fix my problem to no avail. I am turning to a post on here hoping someone smarter than I can fix the problem. 

I am using a turtlebeach 420x usb headset. Much like other posts, I can hear but no one cab hear me. The head set is designed for xbox, but works on pc as well. It works fine with any other game just not this one. 

I have tried setting the device to default and default playback. I have ensured it is set to default on steam. I have made sure everything else is disabled, and still nothing. I tried a program called virtual audio wire or something as was suggested on another post but still nothing. Ive tried switching push to talk in game and still doesn't work. 

My icons show up (local, squad, etc..) when i push the buttons but boo one can hear me. Only one time someone said I was really really quiet but no one since. Someone please help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps a silly question, but are you plugging in your headset after you start squad? As far as I know, new USB based sound devices are not recognized by squad after the game has already been started

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Perhaps a silly question, but are you plugging in your headset after you start squad? As far as I know, new USB based sound devices are not recognized by squad after the game has already been started

Hey, thanks for the reply! My headset is already plugged in when starting the game. I think at this point I'm just going to break down and buy a separate mic that can be plugged into the mic jack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jackolis said:

Hey, thanks for the reply! My headset is already plugged in when starting the game. I think at this point I'm just going to break down and buy a separate mic that can be plugged into the mic jack. 

 

That should be an absolute last resort. What timezone do you live in? I may be able to help you troubleshoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

 

That should be an absolute last resort. What timezone do you live in? I may be able to help you troubleshoot

Alaska time zone, its 1hr behind pst, 3hrs behind central. 

Edited by Jackolis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jackolis said:

Alaska time zone, its 1hr behind pst, 3hrs behind central. 

 

Ah that's a rough time for me. I live in Japan (17 hours time difference). With my work hours the earliest would be the weekend

 

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20170704T043000&p1=tz_akdt&p2=248

 

Maybe someone else can give you a hand.. Edit ; or you could just buy a cheap microphone I guess.. I just hate seeing people spend money before it's absolutely necessary

Edited by Psyrus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Psyrus said:

 

Ah that's a rough time for me. I live in Japan (17 hours time difference). With my work hours the earliest would be the weekend

 

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20170704T043000&p1=tz_akdt&p2=248

 

Maybe someone else can give you a hand.. Edit ; or you could just buy a cheap microphone I guess.. I just hate seeing people spend money before it's absolutely necessary

Yeah it'll be tough to swing it with the time difference. I really appreciate the willingness to help me! I'll try to search for a few more days and then might go ahead and buy a mic. Thank you so much for your help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello and welcome to Squad @Jackolis,

 

another user with the 420x has a similar issue. http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/27103-can-hear-but-cant-talk/

unfortunately, he's not really active any more.

 

headsets made for xbox seem to make problems in Squad.

http://forums.joinsquad.com/search/?&q=xbox and headset&sortby=relevancy

 

atm, I am not aware of any solution.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2017 at 11:14 PM, beginna said:

Hello and welcome to Squad @Jackolis,

 

another user with the 420x has a similar issue. http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/27103-can-hear-but-cant-talk/

unfortunately, he's not really active any more.

 

headsets made for xbox seem to make problems in Squad.

http://forums.joinsquad.com/search/?&q=xbox and headset&sortby=relevancy

 

atm, I am not aware of any solution.

 

Thank you for your feedback. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I had this problem with my mic, which is connected to a Soundblaster Z sound card. This may help you too:

To fix it, I had to go into the Windows recording devices list and disable all but the input my microphone is actually using. So, for example, my system had Microphone (Soundblaster) and Digital-in (Soundblaster) both enabled, with microphone set as the default recording device. I right clicked Digital-in and selected disable, and did the same with some other device that I wasn't using. My mic worked fine after that. 

 

My mic had always worked fine in every other game, in discord, in anything else. It appears that Squad, in its current state of development, cannot cope with multiple input devices being enabled on the system, even though only one is set to be the default device. So, disable all but the one you are actually using. 

 

Hope this helps! 

 

** I see now that you already tried disabling everything else (read your post too quickly while at work... Haha) I'll leave my reply up anyway in case is helps someone who had the same problem as me **

Edited by Eclipse4349

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×