So, like this area on the forums is for, this is just a suggestion. To be completely honest, I'm not totally for it myself (in all aspects), but this is just to branch out ideas.

Continuing.... 

Each squad will have one new class/kit called "fire-team leader (FTL)". This kit would only be available if the squad has more than 6 people in the squad. 

The fire-team leader would be picked by the squad lead by right clicking on the squad member and pressing "promote to fire-team leader".

The fire-team leader would have a separate icon on the map, only visible to the current squad, and not to the entire team, as to avoid cluttering the map with more icons. 

Fire-team leader would be allowed to set new rallys if 4 people are in the proximity of the FTL. 

FTL's would be allowed to only mark up to two (2) enemy icons on the map, excluding FOBs/HABs.

FTL's would also have binoculars. 

FTL's would not have access to squad lead chat, but (possibly?!) replace the squad lead chat button to fire-team chat button for FTL's. 

FTL's do not have to wait for approval in order to enter vehicles, but may not approve vehicles for other squad mates. 

What do you guys think?

46 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.

Not really, a Squad consists of 9, split that into 2 fireteams and you get less weight on the Squad leader's shoulders plus you may use the 2 fireteams to your own advantage when assaulting a enemy position and putting tactics to use. Example;

Alpha;

Squad leader

Automatic Rifleman

Light Anti Tank

Combat Medic

Bravo;

Fireteam leader

Automatic Rifleman

Rifleman

Rifleman

Total of 8, additional role can be put in such as LAT or Combat Medic.

Just an example, roles can be changed on ofcourse.

5 hours ago, FeatherSton3 said:

So, like this area on the forums is for, this is just a suggestion. To be completely honest, I'm not totally for it myself (in all aspects), but this is just to branch out ideas.

Continuing.... 

Each squad will have one new class/kit called "fire-team leader (FTL)". This kit would only be available if the squad has more than 6 people in the squad. 

The fire-team leader would be picked by the squad lead by right clicking on the squad member and pressing "promote to fire-team leader".

The fire-team leader would have a separate icon on the map, only visible to the current squad, and not to the entire team, as to avoid cluttering the map with more icons. 

Fire-team leader would be allowed to set new rallys if 4 people are in the proximity of the FTL. 

FTL's would be allowed to only mark up to two (2) enemy icons on the map, excluding FOBs/HABs.

FTL's would also have binoculars. 

FTL's would not have access to squad lead chat, but (possibly?!) replace the squad lead chat button to fire-team chat button for FTL's. 

FTL's do not have to wait for approval in order to enter vehicles, but may not approve vehicles for other squad mates. 

What do you guys think?

As I understand it they've pretty much already decided all the squad roles with the exception of how they're going to implement the pilot and the commander. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.

17 hours ago, F$K said:

Not really, a Squad consists of 9, split that into 2 fireteams and you get less weight on the Squad leader's shoulders plus you may use the 2 fireteams to your own advantage when assaulting a enemy position and putting tactics to use. Example;

Alpha;

Squad leader

Automatic Rifleman

Light Anti Tank

Combat Medic

Bravo;

Fireteam leader

Automatic Rifleman

Rifleman

Rifleman

Total of 8, additional role can be put in such as LAT or Combat Medic.

Just an example, roles can be changed on ofcourse.

In theory anything can work but you also have to think about the overall feel of the game. When you start delegating responsibilities and micro manage a 9 man squad it's going to get chaotic 0-100 real quick. In a controlled environment where the same 9-man squad don't leave for the duration of the match (tournament, clan vs clan etc...) your idea can certainly work because there's a certain level of cohesion which half the time you cannot get in a public match. 

It's all about simplifying the game as much as possible without making it too basic. Otherwise the learning curve would be too steep for some.

This of course is just my opinion.

19 hours ago, CptDirty said:

Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.

right now there are far too many chiefs ... but none of them want to take the SL role

8 minutes ago, embecmom said:

right now there are far too many chiefs ... but none of them want to take the SL role

How do you figure that there are too many chiefs as of 9.5? 

1SL for 8 Squad Members. That's a very good ratio in my opinion. On a 40v40, that's about 4 full squads and some change for each team. Considering all SL's have head on their shoulders and can think strategically it will translate into intense fire fights.

23 hours ago, FeatherSton3 said:

What do you guys think?

I think you should use the search function, this topic comes up fairly often. 

The devs have said they're looking into a fireteam mechanic, no details yet on how it might be implemented. 

Edited by LugNut

29 minutes ago, LugNut said:

I think you should use the search function, this topic comes up fairly often. 

The devs have said they're looking into a fireteam mechanic, no details yet on how it might be implemented. 

The details as per @SgtRoss is that it'll be simple color coding with no more features. No FT VOIP, no FTLs. Not set in stone, but that's what he said last time this topic came up.

21 hours ago, Tartantyco said:

The details as per @SgtRoss is that it'll be simple color coding with no more features. No FT VOIP, no FTLs. Not set in stone, but that's what he said last time this topic came up.

Ah, Ok, thanks for the clarification, I hadn't seen that. 

You could have a fore team leader as a real squad is 12 members inculing the squad leader and team leader who would be in charge of 4 members of that squad but under the cmand if that squads sl so ur have 3 medics plus sl and ftl as standard that's 5 members leaving 7  

You could hang maximum 4 surrport so ar x2 gr 1 and one other for USA Russian and UK this would help for insurgents and militia as they ftl could be more flexible then the conventional forces with the other roles beening rilfeman or other new roles

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:09 PM, CptDirty said:

How do you figure that there are too many chiefs as of 9.5? 

1SL for 8 Squad Members. That's a very good ratio in my opinion. On a 40v40, that's about 4 full squads and some change for each team. Considering all SL's have head on their shoulders and can think strategically it will translate into intense fire fights.

all I mean is that there is one actual SL and the 8 squad members behind him offering their SL insight when they never want to take the role ;)