Sahara

How/Where did you discover Squad?

Posted (edited)

How did you guys discover Squad? This is something I have been wondering. For me personally, it was a Pre-Alpha video a few years ago which prompted me to buy the game as soon as it went onto Steam. This forum has grown greatly in these past few months, so I'm now asking those reading this, how did you discover Squad? Steam? A youtube video? (if so, link the video!), a friend? Where did you discover it, and what made you buy the game?

Looking forwards to your responses. 

I'd figure I'd get this started;

This video is how I discovered the game. After watching some gameplay, I bought it.

Edited by LMR Sahara

I'm pretty sure that video is how I discovered it. Watched a few of his Squad videos and decided to get it during a sale last year.

To be completely honest with you, I dont quite remember where I first saw this game, wouldn't surprise me if it was from devildog as I watched him on a regular basis back then

Been Hearing this project through Bluedrake42's Youtube Channel, But I also addict with PR at the time so that why I follow the new of the PR2 and Squad.

Few years back I found it in Project Greenlight links and immediately bought the Squad Leader package off the website during CPA

I see a jackfrags you video about this time 2015 and straight away I knew that was the game for me! The game I've been waiting for my entire life!!! I backed it straight away on kickstarter!! 

ex-boyfriend got me to buy it 2 years ago. That relationship didn't work out.....but i got 1900 hours in squad. So at least one thing worked out from it

1 hour ago, homfri said:

ex-boyfriend got me to buy it 2 years ago. That relationship didn't work out.....but i got 1900 hours in squad. So at least one thing worked out from it

At least something good has succeeded!^_^

PR forums here as well! Was a no brainer for me. :D

Posted (edited)

unpopular opinion around here nowadays, but he's the one who got me in :)

Edited by MVPiet13

I found your glorious game from youtube. Youtubers called diplex heated and operator drewski showed gameplays, and the realism hooked me on. 

Project Reality forums. That's why my account is number 357. Which is doubly awesome, because I also love me some revolvers. ;)

Saw it on Bluedrake's channel back in Oct. 2014. As soon as he said "successor to Project Reality" I was hooked, since I've been wanting an updated version for so long. 

I know a lot of people in the PR and Squad communities hate him, but you have to admit he has good taste in shooters. He seems to always be one of the first people to know about a game I might be interested in. 

Heard rumors about it in the PR community, then saw Bluedrake talk about it and do his little promotional video. From there backed it during kickstarter to get in Pre-Alpha

HangOn haven't got somethink similar Thread wise?.

Don't matter,I'll carryon ere.

"NovaWorld2" Forums...Been waiting & waiting for the release of DF:Angel Falls but nowt happened so this Old geezer @WARti0k0ne -BG- came in and spoke about Squad....Had a sniff and it was Love at first sight.

So for the first time ever I backed a project.

On 2015-4-15 at 9:32 PM, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Ditto!...Same as WARti Old JoinOps player, someone came along and post it on the thread...Wait a minute let me think tick,tock,tick...Yeah baby it was you WARti0k0ne (Thx baby).

I had a look and  I said to myself...It's HOT!... B)

I also read some rumors at PR forum...than Squad hooked me. And from Pre-Alpha i didnt open PR :$

One of my good friends in our old Arma 3 milsim clan saw it and said it might suit me.

I backed it, tried it and thought - yeah it's gonna be good but right now meh.

Kept an eye on it and started playing a couple of months after the alpha launch, think I paid around $75.

Got over 1000 hours now and loving it more and more.

From Project Reality, and Bluedrake42 community, hehe :D