Sahara

How/Where did you discover Squad?

Crusty   

Through pr forums is where I initially heard about it but then some buddies I was playing Arms with brought it up and so we all decided to try it a while back.

Edited by Crusty

VaaSHARK   

I was a moderator on a friend of mine's Arma 3 Twitch stream and some one from the chat asked if we have looked at squad at all.. SO I looked into it via youtube and got to watch some of BlueDrakes vids (first time ever watched him) and it seemed like something i'd love and longed for. After that and $70s later i've been playing since what September of 2015 and haven't stopped yet!

On 1.7.2017 at 1:50 AM, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

HangOn haven't got somethink similar Thread wise?.

Don't matter,I'll carryon ere.

"NovaWorld2" Forums...Been waiting & waiting for the release of DF:Angel Falls but nowt happened so this Old geezer @WARti0k0ne -BG- came in and spoke about Squad....Had a sniff and it was Love at first sight.

So for the first time ever I backed a project.

Hah, I were waving the SQD flag here and there as like you said it sounded too good to be true.

Carlos   

Heard whispers on the IC Joint Ops forum start of 2015, joined the forum Feb 2015.  Knew straight away it would replace my ageing JO addiction.  Jumped into it and was hitting the refresh button on day 1 on kickstarter. (#115).

wintski   

A clan mate and former PR moderator mentioned it was coming in the early days, knew straight away I was gonna push this hard in my clan and would replace my former main game (PR of course)....paid off 10 fold for me and my clan, its not the final release that matters to me but the route we take, a million laughs had already thus far along with another million new digi-mates.

Peerun   

In the crevasses of the internet. A howling echo and the sound of dried brambles slipping from fingers and shedding morning dew on the stony floor.
The cRPG forums (...its like fight club. Shit.)

Skul   

YouTube suggestions(Jan 2016). I watched a video where they showed a Humvee riding through Kohat or something. Then I looked up some actual gameplay and was like:

rsHs5zfQ.png

9Q3m6ZE.png

Bought it the same day, it was 19th January 2016 if I recall correctly. Never stopped playing it. Played 2.5k hours already and I hope to go over 25k some day. That's the game of 21st century for me so far. The best I've ever played. I believe I started playing  this type of games with the discoverers: C&C: Renegade and Battlefield 1942.

I can't remember the date, or was years ago in the pr forum's but it was called PR2, squad itself I discovered while the kickstarter campaign.

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

MINTY   

I was playing Insurgency with Weed and Curry from 3dac, and they started talking about it. I looked it up and backed it on kickstarter. 

One day when i am watching a live game TV. I see a anchor led a squad and ask them to dig and fight in a village. I thought it was too much like a documentary everything seems so real. So I decided to buy this game.

Bought Squad when I saw the game top fragging on Top Seller as it released on Steam. Was surprised how many players were playing on Christmas Day. I was happy sitting on the rooftop defending Radio Tower waiting for combat as I heard intense fighting in the distance. 

I was in an alien craft high above Earth listening to the chatter of the internet...then heard this crazy sound and decided to investigate further...what was this sound?  It was the sound of an A 10, buuurrrt buuuurrrt, the screams of men with shovels building FOBs, and thought....I think Ill back this game and join a Squad.