What if we would have battles in the night this would create a whole different gaming experience . Let me hear your opinion on this

Night maps exists .... problem is that many players when night map start increase their monitor brigth and ruin this experience to others. But if people dont do that its awsome. 

2 hours ago, elerik said:

Night maps exists .... problem is that many players when night map start increase their monitor brigth and ruin this experience to others. But if people dont do that its awsome. 

Without NV real night maps would be unplayable. Nobody runs the night maps in their rotations anymore from what I've seen.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Without NV real night maps would be unplayable. Nobody runs the night maps in their rotations anymore from what I've seen.

why would they be unplayable? There's a lot more options for lighting than NODs. Flares, flashlights, stars, the moon, vehicle headlights, and just plain old lights from buildings. I mean grenade launcher or mortar flares are like having your own personal sun for the few minutes they float and burn.

The real problem with night maps, as elerik has pointed out is that people just crank up their gamma and ruin the game. There's nothing the developers can do about it, even if they disable the ingame gamma function, anyone can go into their graphics drivers control panel and crank up the gamma. I've tested this on Logar's night variant, and it makes everything VERY visible. The sad fact is there is no way to detect someone abusing this, and people do. Last time I played Logar night I ran into people that obviously had their gamma cranked way up. I'm fairly certain of this because I was getting shot at from the darkness, and after looking for a bit without changing my gamma and being unable to find the shooter that was very accurate, I turned my gamma up and spotted him immediately.

Because of this fatal flaw, there should be no night maps in Squad. It really sucks, but it's the reality of having a PVP situation where people can cheat and there's absolutely no way to prevent them from doing so.

Edited by 40mmrain

Without having my gamma maxed on night maps, I couldn't even see the ground at my feet let alone any teammates or anything else. Wandering around in the dark and waiting for silhouettes to pass in front of me was zero fun. Or, to sit in a bush and camp a road with streetlights. Or get killed at point blank range by an unseen enemy who actually could see. 

I don't see a way to fix it tbh, the best compromise is low light maps where you can still see without being tempted to change your settings. 

Currently, in my opinion the only current thing that is cool about night maps is the fact that you can see all the tracers a lot easier. It makes the game a lot harder since of the brightness issue, so many don't like the night maps. Partly could be their quality of their monitor as well. 

I love the night version maps, but there is no reason to play them when everybody cheats with gamma as said earlier.

Removing the gamma from the settings is a good start and would stop probably 80-90% of players abusing it when you have to change your monitor settings instead of in-game.