stickNmove

Crashes Mid-game randomly

Looked around on the internet, mainly youtube, wasn't able to find a solid solution & there seems to be endless threads on crashing, so not sure where to even begin. Tried a steam launch option code in the properties of Squad within steam that tells the game to use all processor cores, but unsure if it corrected the crashing issue, because it butchered the graphics by causing massive tearing and stuttering. The launch option code is

"-USEALLAVAILABLECORES -mammoc=system -sm4"

I have yet to play for more than 30 minutes straight without a crash to desktop.

I have what I believe should be workable system specs with a Radeon 6900 series 2gb card.

BYrxFUs.jpg

Any help on where I should start, or what the most common issue is that causes in-game crashing at completely random intervals, is appreciated. Thanks.

That's a 7 year old card, bro. Wouldn't expect it to work with this game. IMHO game runs out of VRAM, and crashes.

Edited by enkeyz

Pls list full system specs, otherwise its more a guesswork for us.

• CPU: FX 4170 , cooler?
  • GPU: ? , driver version ?
  • PSU: ?
  • HDD/SDD: free space ?
  • Case Fan setup ?
  • RAM speed and SPD settings ?

Also log maximum Temperatures/Clocks during gaming , i sugest HWmonitor for this cause it logs MAX recorded temperatures and it also will help you identifing hardware when you have little expierience. If you are totally new to this just screenshot full HWmonitoring page and post here after gaming 20 min.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Do other games / applications cause similar problems ?

Edited by moppel

3 hours ago, enkeyz said:

That's a 7 year old card, bro. Wouldn't expect it to work with this game. IMHO game runs out of VRAM, and crashes.

Thanks, didn't realize it would fall short in that regard cause my FPS seems fine on all settings at high for the most part.

I was able to play a game today that lasted over an hour with no crash, forget the map name though.

2 hours ago, moppel said:

Pls list full system specs, otherwise its more a guesswork for us.

• CPU: FX 4170 , cooler?
  • GPU: ? , driver version ?
  • PSU: ?
  • HDD/SDD: free space ?
  • Case Fan setup ?
  • RAM speed and SPD settings ?

Also log maximum Temperatures/Clocks during gaming , i sugest HWmonitor for this cause it logs MAX recorded temperatures and it also will help you identifing hardware when you have little expierience. If you are totally new to this just screenshot full HWmonitoring page and post here after gaming 20 min.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Do other games / applications cause similar problems ?

Thanks, I'll check out HWmonitor and post a shot.

Nope, never had an issue with any other game crashing on me the way Squad does. Games have only ever crashed on me once in a blue moon.