SgtRoss

You know, just RPG gunners doing RPG things...

Why is there a clearly visible heat wave in the back blast? While I haven't seen an RPG fired IRL I've seen the Carl Gustaf and there's the smoke and fire, but no visible heat wave. Doesn't seem to be any heat wave in that RPG clip posted in this thread either.

You'll be exposed to some pretty tough pressure as well as burnings from the bursting fire in the blast. Dunno if it would kill you, but it'd do you lots of bad things! There's actually an AT4 model developed in Sweden which deals with this problem, the video states that it has "almost eliminated back blast"

Yes, there is an indoor variant of the AT4, but they are not very common and I quite like the idea of players having to be more mindful of where they fire and use hot/cold positions instead.

Also, there is a distortion effect because our FX guy loves them. ;)

Yes, there is an indoor variant of the AT4, but they are not very common and I quite like the idea of players having to be more mindful of where they fire and use hot/cold positions instead.

Also, there is a distortion effect because our FX guy loves them. ;)

Oh I didn't post it as a suggestion, just mentioned it since this guy wondered about the back blast in tight spaces. For Squad it'd be more interesting to have to think about where you shoot from. 

Because the FX guy loves them? Then take it away, it's him against reality!! :P

Compression distortion is one of the coolest effects you can add to an explosion. The heat leaving here looks weird though. The speed doesn't sync with any of the other components. Everything looks gorgeous on it's own, but looking at it a few times it feels like the movement of each part is not quite where it should be. Maybe it's just my ridiculous standards again. :D

(Also it looks like something is not properly set up with the glowy parts, maybe too much z displacement, or wrong render type? They appear simply in front of the smoke.)

Because the FX guy loves them? Then take it away, it's him against reality!! :P

Yeah, so is respawning...

I kid...don't mess with Bruno, he will have your head for suggesting such a thing!

If the grenade explosion FX had collision-based rubble effects, could the same be applied to the RPG backblast?

It'd be cool to see the ground come alive!

But I'm too afraid to ask The Bruno :(

*Edit*

I am not a smart man.

Man I cannot get over how amazing the particle effects are already. It already looks 'next gen' just by virtue of those.

Hi friends :)

Bruno here, FX guy.

Dont be afraid of me, in fact, talk to me.

These effects are pre alpha, so they will constantly improve version by version.

I will reduce the heat waves and make the backblast effect spread longer to the back. I,m also adding more frontal smoke as we see on footages but I will have to find a middle point so it doesnt block the players view, this is a game after all.

And yes, backblast will damage you. So noobs and happy triggers beware.

Regards,

Bruno

PD: <3

I think it should light the area up more when fired (like a second of just really bright light covering a bigger area) awesome that there's going to be a back-blast effect, i'm hoping rather than killing the person in the affected area it just knock's them over (like they go rag-doll then get back up). The way people cluster up atm round fobs half your squad-mates would probably get wiped out by this lol.

I will reduce the heat waves and make the backblast effect spread longer to the back. I,m also adding more frontal smoke as we see on footages but I will have to find a middle point so it doesnt block the players view, this is a game after all.

Having played a few rounds, the backblast effect need to come out much much much faster. Right now it looks like it's firing a toy rocket or something. But other than that it looks awesome.

I was drinking last night, true. Did we officially show this off already? If we did, I missed it.

Yeah, I was showing off the flash to bang. Small arms and explosives have delay over distance now, so you will hear snaps before muzzle reports and explosives blowing up before you hear them.

Can i get a cookie for the correct guess ? :D

Hi friends :)

Bruno here, FX guy.

Dont be afraid of me, in fact, talk to me.

These effects are pre alpha, so they will constantly improve version by version.

And yes, backblast will damage you. So noobs and happy triggers beware.

Regards,

Bruno

PD: <3

I LOVE YOU Offworld Industries  !!!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Goddamn, that is scary for anyone in a vehicle. Hopefully, it's portrayed accurately. Although, I assume most people in a vehicle hit like that would be dead or gravely injured. Especially, if it's one of the tandem(?) shells that first penetrates then explodes.

Goddamn, that is scary for anyone in a vehicle. Hopefully, it's portrayed accurately. Although, I assume most people in a vehicle hit like that would be dead or gravely injured. Especially, if it's one of the tandem(?) shells that first penetrates then explodes.

I saw the after effects of an RPG hitting the front passenger window of an MRAP in Afghanistan...it definitely went through it like butter.