SgtRoss

You know, just RPG gunners doing RPG things...

Majestic effects.

Not enough. I think FX-artist need replay this video again and again:

Not enough. I think FX-artist need replay this video again and again:

This is the coolest video i watched lately  :wub:  B)

I don't think it's a new player model. It looks like one of the placeholder ones they have right now.

hxEB99K.png

Nice scoreboard design :)

Maybe he means that you won't know if you've killed someone or not.

I know what it must be:

Glowflies!

Animal characters confirmed! Transport Donkey inbound!

Maybe this quote made just before he posted this has something to do with it? :D

I hope you guys are ready for death valley...I went a little overboard on one of the Kohat layers. :P

Found it on the "Weekend Preparations" post

Conspiracy theorists- take it away

A Squidward design?

Squidward-1422477764.png?quality=0.85&fo

new confirmed playable Character?  :D

I was going to say the sound delay (between the impact and it being heard) but I think that's been shown in a load of other Video's aswell.

I think he blew up the guy that said he was working on the scoreboard design.

Boom! No more scoreboard.

Believe they already showed off delayed sounds, I do recall a video where that was shown.

Maybe Mr. Ross is just drunk and wants to toy with us?

I was drinking last night, true. Did we officially show this off already? If we did, I missed it.

Yeah, I was showing off the flash to bang. Small arms and explosives have delay over distance now, so you will hear snaps before muzzle reports and explosives blowing up before you hear them.

I'm curious and after watching the video of the guy being knocked down but how much damage would the back blast do on one of these. Slight burns and knocked out if it hits you in the right place I'm guessing?

I'm curious and after watching the video of the guy being knocked down but how much damage would the back blast do on one of these. Slight burns and knocked out if it hits you in the right place I'm guessing?

It can kill you. The guy in that video died. Worst place to fire an RPG is indoors. The pressure from the blast doesn't have room to dissipate and so the blast is much more concentrated and deadly.

It can kill you. The guy in that video died. Worst place to fire an RPG is indoors. The pressure from the blast doesn't have room to dissipate and so the blast is much more concentrated and deadly.

I wonder if that means that SQUAD will calculate the volume of the room you are in and factor in the area of the windows to decide how much damage you take from shooting a RPG indoors...

If you fired a RPG from within an empty warehouse, surely you would be OK right? But from a cramped apartment window it would kill you?

Is it the map or that is says pre-alpha because it like you said is not the backblast although it looks amazing :\

If you fired a RPG from within an empty warehouse, surely you would be OK right? But from a cramped apartment window it would kill you?

Yeah. When I said indoors I was thinking about something like an apartment.

The most suspicious thing I noticed was @ 3.5 seconds. The video is clearly cut there, it's clear if you focus at the clouds - they are skipping forward.

Nice, really nice.

You can actually see solid blood fontaine on that video. So yeah it can kill.

I'm just going to leave this here... B)

Why is there a clearly visible heat wave in the back blast? While I haven't seen an RPG fired IRL I've seen the Carl Gustaf and there's the smoke and fire, but no visible heat wave. Doesn't seem to be any heat wave in that RPG clip posted in this thread either.

I wonder if that means that SQUAD will calculate the volume of the room you are in and factor in the area of the windows to decide how much damage you take from shooting a RPG indoors...

You'll be exposed to some pretty tough pressure as well as burnings from the bursting fire in the blast. Dunno if it would kill you, but it'd do you lots of bad things! There's actually an AT4 model developed in Sweden which deals with this problem, the video states that it has "almost eliminated back blast":