moppel   

Hey all, since today Skylake X and X299 boards enter market offically.

Iam temped to get one but i´d like to see performance in UE 4 title first cause in some cases these chips seem to be  slower like  broadwell E with thier new chache structure and mesh conections.

So anyone got allready one and could do some comparisom benchmarks in squad ?

IMO you'd be better off buying a ryzen r7 chip or waiting for threadripper. Intel rushed the x299 platform to respond to AMD and it shows. It's overpriced re-brands.

moppel   

Ryzen and exspecialy Threadripper will help next to nothing in Squad and would be a downgrade measured on my existing  Rigs cause while they are broad and good in parralel workloads with all thier cores they lack IPC and achivable clocks ( to my knowledge good r7 chips top out @ 4,1 Ghz with 1,4V while having lower IPC then broadwell E in most games) in comparisom to Skylake architecture wich is still a crutial factor for a huge chunk of games out there, UE 4 based onces are a good example even in 2017. My hopes where that Skylake X can combine best from 2 Worlds high clocks and IPC combined with many cores and Quadchannel interface with 8 ram slots( OFC this will come at a price and that seems to be power draw and cooling power).

Was aming for a 7820X deliding+ LM --> trying to reach 4,8-5 Ghz with reasonable voltage. but with the different respond of some Games on the new Cache and mesh architecture iam interested in UE 4 scaling on these new toys :-)

For me as Hardware entusiast Bang for Buck is also a factor counting in lower value in the equation( still i have my limit :-) ). i can see your point and would choose a r5 1600 any day over a I5 Kabylake.

banOkay   
13 hours ago, moppel said:

For me as Hardware entusiast Bang for Buck is also a factor counting in lower value in the equation( still i have my limit :-) ).

With $600 for a CPU, $50 for deliding, voiding your warranty and running the risk of destroying your CPU this would be a questionable buy at best. Then factor in 400+W power consumption, motherboard cost and you'll probably still need a good AIO cooler. This is just Skylake from 2 years ago with more cores, bigger power consumption and worse thermals, there are next to no clock-per-clock differences.

moppel   
4 hours ago, banOkay said:

With $600 for a CPU, $50 for deliding, voiding your warranty and running the risk of destroying your CPU this would be a questionable buy at best. Then factor in 400+W power consumption, motherboard cost and you'll probably still need a good AIO cooler. This is just Skylake from 2 years ago with more cores, bigger power consumption and worse thermals, there are next to no clock-per-clock differences.

Iam quit aware regarding cost and risks no worry, this topic is not about buildig an economic rig thats for sure, i explained allready whats attracting me to Skylake X.

I have a custom waterloop with  480/45+360/30+280/45 mm rads so AiO isn´t even a topic either.

Anyway according to De8auer until yet all of the tested X299 boards lack phases and/or  cooling --> results in overheating/throoteling VRMs between 4,4-4,7 Ghz @ 1,3V . So replacing the stock coolers on them with some MIPS or Watercooling blocks seems to be crutial to reach higher clocks.

To come back to topic, What i don`t know yet is how squad is reacting to the changed cache layout thats why i started this post to maybee get some first hand values from a ealryadober :-)

On 26.06.2017 at 8:45 PM, IWI-GALIL5.56FA said:

IMO you'd be better off buying a ryzen r7 chip or waiting for threadripper. Intel rushed the x299 platform to respond to AMD and it shows. It's overpriced re-brands.

I think it's a great advice if I can put my 2c here.

Regards.

moppel   

As said again R5/7 ryzen chips are a good bang for the buck but would be an downgrade from a 5820k @ 4,5 ghz exspecialy singelthread  performance wise wich is the crutial part in Squad.

Psyrus   
On 7/28/2017 at 10:24 PM, PadrePadre said:

Well, there is a reason why AMD jumped from 6% market share to 28% since Ryzen was released.

Please.... :o

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4085523-amd-gain-10-percent-market-share-quarter

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/market_share.html

How does 20.2% to 22.6% = 28%? Ryzen was released at the tail end of Q1 2017, so we start counting from Q2 2017, it's now midway through Q3 2017. It rose 2.4% on a base of 20.2%, which is an increase of ~12% on the original figure (not 12% more market share, however), not 370% like you claim. 

Although I may have misunderstood you, where did you get your numbers from?

11 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Please.... :o

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4085523-amd-gain-10-percent-market-share-quarter

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/market_share.html

How does 20.2% to 22.6% = 28%? Ryzen was released at the tail end of Q1 2017, so we start counting from Q2 2017, it's now midway through Q3 2017. It rose 2.4% on a base of 20.2%, which is an increase of ~12% on the original figure (not 12% more market share, however), not 370% like you claim. 

Although I may have misunderstood you, where did you get your numbers from?

OMG! Thanks for letting me know, it should be 16% to 28% market share since 2016 up to now. 11% in just last 3 months ^_^ You know, too many positive emotions with brand new AMD CPU! And after few conversations with our IT guys, I'm sure ThreadRipper is going to make those numbers grow.

Once again - thanks and regards.