Wacky

Can I get accepted in the community?

Hey everyone!

I have been thinking about buying Squad for a long time, and now its on sale.

Im only 14, and thats were the problem is. I have played games like BF4 and Arma  3, and was easily accepted.

But i've read about even a 15 getting kicked. And as usual, my voice is not deep pitched.

I really hope for some answers!

Thanks

Hey,
this concern comes up quite often from the younger folk and to give you the short answer... If the game itself is something you think you'd enjoy, the little slower pace than traditional FPS',  the communication, teamwork, getting actually told what to do by other players (Squad Leaders, part of the game) and all the other good stuff then I don't think there are many who oppose the idea of a younger guy playing with them. 

The community is generally very helpful and friendly as long as you come in with the attitude that you're willing to learn doing things "the right way". But. I can almost guarantee to you that you may/will be called out as a 'squeeker' occasionally by some douche. There's no going around that, it's the internet, there's dickweeds everywhere. But, in Squad's case I've found that for every douche there usually is a good guy around as well that will probably have a go at the guy calling out a squeeker instead of playing the game. 

95% of the time you don't have to worry about it at all and the general feel of the community is very non-toxic. Any harassment, be it due to age, race or something of the sort is heavily frowned upon by well established communities (=almost all Squad server owners). 

Another thread here of someone with the similiar concerns and some discussion on the situation you're in from the community members and devs alike: 

A good quote from that thread from Thr34t
"Pretty much it comes down to your maturity level. If you are mature and just play the game then people will accept you, if you engage in attention-seeking behaviors then people will avoid you."

Edited by SgtHerhi

tbh it all comes down to who and where... trolling like CSGO leads to a very short life span on squad.. so that's really where the concerns lie.   I play with people that are 25 years and more younger than me.. I don't have an issue with that at all and I don't care whether you are 14 or 94 as long as you enjoy the game, don't treat people like crap and respect others (as they should you)... admittedly it is difficult to take a 12 year old SL seriously when they are squeaking orders ..so if you are not a squeaky then even SL should be fine.

Hey bro, I have  a squad clan / community for the younger players.  Hit me up on steam and ill invite you, my steam name is "Ghuffy" and i have the same profile picture on steam as i do here.  See you on the battlefield!

Honestly if you patient and listen to the SL with a willingness to learn and not jabber forever than yeah come play man. PLayed with more than a good share of younger players that were pretty damn competent. **** we were are little once.

On 6/26/2017 at 1:13 AM, Wacky said:

Hey everyone!

Im only 14, and thats were the problem is. I have played games like BF4 and Arma  3, and was easily accepted.

But i've read about even a 15 getting kicked. And as usual, my voice is not deep pitched.

Thanks

I had my 15 year old son drive us in our Exploder all the way to LA and back so you should be fine bro playing a nerd infested video game...

Edited by Zylfrax791
Speeling

3 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

I had my 15 year old son drive us in our Exploder all the way to LA and back so you should be fine bro playing a nerd infested video game...

So, that's a Ford Exploder then? Hmm, i knew there was a reason i dislike Fords :D

Can you?  Yes.

Will you?  That depends on you.

Do you want to?   Then:
                               1) Use communication channels wisely (Squad chat for squad level importance, Local for everything else)
                               2) LISTEN to other players and how they communicate ("ENEMEY ON MY BODY!" does not help anyone)
                               3) Do what your are best at/most interested in.  (Don't be a medic if you don't want to medic people)

4) Be willing to learn, this post is a good start.  Get in game and give it a shot!

Edited by Bash

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:54 PM, Bash said:

Can you?  Yes.

Will you?  That depends on you.

Do you want to?   Then:
                               1) Use communication channels wisely (Squad chat for squad level importance, Local for everything else)
                               2) LISTEN to other players and how they communicate ("ENEMEY ON MY BODY!" does not help anyone)
                               3) Do what your are best at/most interested in.  (Don't be a medic if you don't want to medic people)

4) Be willing to learn, this post is a good start.  Get in game and give it a shot!

ya think it necessary to emphasis capitals ?  seems to me the poor kid is getting exactly from this post what he thought he might be bashed with in the game...

If I can be honest, it's easier to find a youngster in SQUAD that fills his duty, cooperate, communicate and work like "a real soldier" than competent mature commander that is not creating a lemming train tactics, making basics tactical/management mistakes and being sure he is the smartest guy on earth in the same time.

Welcome @Wacky and have fun in SQUAD!

See you on battlefield.

On 7/6/2017 at 8:30 AM, embecmom said:

ya think it necessary to emphasis capitals ?  seems to me the poor kid is getting exactly from this post what he thought he might be bashed with in the game...

Yes?  Probably why I did it in the first place.  Probably because it's the biggest issue of new players, age regardless.  Also, see how the player name and the verb you used correspond?  

Edited by Bash

On 6/26/2017 at 3:13 AM, Wacky said:

Hey everyone!

Thanks

Simple answer, Yes. Don't let anything like that discourage you from playing what you want. That type of behavior is everywhere. I dealt with it at 14 also. I'm now 29 and I sometimes talk shit to "squeakers" as well. One thing I think about now is how I let it make me feel bad or change my decisions,  Learned the hard way. You need some thick skin, Bullshit back with them or ignore them. If you do get kicked, Call him a *** and move on... Buy this game and have fun man. It's an amazing game!

Edited by T B1zzle

If someone gets kicked it's not because they're young it's because they're a squeaker. No one likes people who yell into the mic. So as long as you don't do that, as long as you act like a normal human being and follow your SL's orders like a good grunt, I don't see why your age would be a problem.

Just be respectful, do not say what's on your mind in squad comms, and diligent in helping your squad, then there is no reason for anyone to want you to leave. I'd rather have a useful squeeker as squad leader, and let you loose when the time is right and see you become a confident supportive player

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I play as a medic pretty religiously, the only time younger players get on my nerves is when they constantly yell medic medic medic. That's not to say older players don't do the same. Just be respectful, play with a team mindset and you'll do just fine :)

The topic on the subject of being a young player was asked very frequently and there are many threads on the topic that were created in the past. Therefore, a merged thread was created to continue discussion on the subject in a collected informational way. Please refer to the following link to continue on the topic:
http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/31963-im-a-kid-how-will-people-react-towards-me-and-how-should-i-behave/

I thank you for your understanding and hope you will find a lot of useful information there.
/locked