Randall172

Armour on Technicals

Any reason why technicals are completely unarmoured to small arms?

I understand the gunner, but the driver should have some sort of armour.

it seems to me their is a large bias in the quality of weapons/vehicles per faction.

Image result for isis suicide trucksImage result for isis suicide trucksRelated imageImage result for isis suicide trucks

Edited by Randall172

33 minutes ago, Randall172 said:

Any reason why technicals are completely unarmoured to small arms?

I understand the gunner, but the driver should have some sort of armour.

it seems to me their is a large bias in the quality of weapons/vehicles per faction.

Image result for isis suicide trucksImage result for isis suicide trucksRelated imageImage result for isis suicide trucks

Do any of the models in the game look anything like this is the question you should be asking yourself...

1 minute ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Do any of the models in the game look anything like this is the question you should be asking yourself...

all of them should look like image number 2

While all of those are wholly over the top, some minimal armor plating would be appreciated. Currently they don't seem to have much if any advantages over HMMWs  other than they can carry a couple more guys(not even?).

Edited by Chompster

1 minute ago, Chompster said:

While all of those are wholly over the top, some minimal armor plating would be appreciated. Currently they don't seem to have much if any advantages over HMMWs  other than they can carry a couple more guys(?).

Afaik the techies should have a speed advantage aswell

Just now, sweeziee said:

Afaik the techies should have a speed advantage aswell

which can barely be taken advantage of considering the maps size and layouts. Plus because they're so exposed even if half the shots that a hmmw takes lands the chances of fatalities are still higher.

Speed alone is a worthless advantage imo.

9 minutes ago, Chompster said:

which can barely be taken advantage of considering the maps size and layouts. Plus because they're so exposed even if half the shots that a hmmw takes lands the chances of fatalities are still higher.

Speed alone is a worthless advantage imo.

It all depends on what you make out of it really. 

Sure, not all maps are suited for proper 'vehicle gameplay', but that will change as we move forward and maps gets adapted to the current squad gameplay with vehicles and everyhing. 

But the maps that are suited for it is pretty good, because generally speaking the unconvential forces get more vehicles, allowing them to do wolfpacks easier. 

Wanna take out a HMMWV? Unless it's a crow you should have a fair chance of taking him out by yourself as long as you get the element of surprise. 

Wanna take out a stryker? Get a group of atleast 2 techies, sneak up on him from different directions and open up fire at the same time. Those guns will tear it apart before most people even have the chance to react properly

I'm not saying that it's easy, just saying that it's possible if you know what you're doing.

Edited by sweeziee

Just now, sweeziee said:

It all depends on what you make out of it really. 

Sure, not all maps are suited for proper 'vehicle gameplay', but that will change as we move forward and maps gets adapted to the current squad gameplay with vehicles and everyhing. 

But the maps that are suited for it is pretty good, because generally speaking the unconvential forces get more vehicles, allowing them to do wolfpacks easier. 

Wanna take out a HMMWV? Unless it's a crow you should have a fair chance of taking him out as long as you get the element of surprise. 

Wanna take out a stryker? Get a group of atleast 2 techies, sneak up on him from different directions and open up fire at the same time. Those guns will tear it apart before most people even have the chance to react properly

See that isn't me experience with it at all, but maybe I'm just unlucky. What I usually see or have happen is that as soon as we open, the stryker looks at one of the vehicles and instantly the gunner gets killed cus he's so extremely exposed. And most of the time it has more than enough time to turn(isn't even on fire) in any other direction to put fire on whatever else is shooting it.

Also these situations are really limited on where you can actually execute them. i'm guessing Al Basrah? I don't see maps changing much if anything to suit better vehicle gameplay. MAYBE newer ones? but even then I don't think we'll be getting much larger maps.

We'll see, but I have my doubts. it's why you pretty much never see them get used or get dumped in the middle of the map after using it as transport to get there.

1 minute ago, Chompster said:

See that isn't me experience with it at all, but maybe I'm just unlucky. What I usually see or have happen is that as soon as we open, the stryker looks at one of the vehicles and instantly the gunner gets killed cus he's so extremely exposed. And most of the time it has more than enough time to turn(isn't even on fire) in any other direction to put fire on whatever else is shooting it.

Also these situations are really limited on where you can actually execute them. i'm guessing Al Basrah? I don't see maps changing much if anything to suit better vehicle gameplay. MAYBE newer ones? but even then I don't think we'll be getting much larger maps.

We'll see, but I have my doubts. it's why you pretty much never see them get used or get dumped in the middle of the map after using it as transport to get there.

I tell you what, I will actually do some tests on this and see how it goes

33 minutes ago, sweeziee said:

I tell you what, I will actually do some tests on this and see how it goes

I just did myself, and it only takes 1 box from a dshk techie to blow it up!

The issue is you need to get EVERY round on target. doing this while driving is simply impossible, so you have to be stationary. Now unless you're really well hidden and somehow only get the bare minimum to poke out and be able to shoot AND it just sits there and doesn't move, you just won't be getting a kill. Or you need to coordinate it really well with another techie. But again chances are it's just going to drive off and you won't get every shot on target so you won't get a kill.

All this and it only takes a glimpse for it to see where the rounds are coming from, turn your way and put some rounds down to kill the gunner instantly. Only way to really avoid that is to bail out since the techies acceleration is terrible.

EDIT: haven't played since the most recent patch, but only now notice the crows have a reduced movement and are no longer direct mouse input based. This should help nicely against crows. but eitherway this is kinda going off topic from the techie and more going towards techie vs stryker which obviously it should lose against. But I also find it most of the time it loses against.. everything else..

EDIT2: Looking at the PR techi I aslo notice that the squad techi is just straight up more open. Windshield and door windows are huge, while having a slightly smaller rear window. But it also lacks the RPK/PKM in the passanger seat, greatly reducing it's (suppressing)power. Maybe cus it doesn't cost jack in tickets, but that still doesn't seem like enough to get people to use it.

Edited by Chompster

I think the idea of balancing teams is not weighted in vehicles. Militia and Insurgents don't have light armor BUT they get I.E.D.'s, mines and a HAT kit to add balance. I personally think it works fantastic. It gives dynamics to the tactics used by each faction. If every faction was armored to the teeth then you would use the same tactics and gun fights would get rather boring. You still get those heavy armor clashes on some maps (Murica v. Russia) but if you are fighting as INS or Militia you have to use guerrilla tactics. Stick to the shadows and be a sneaky ****.

Pretty sure conventional armies are getting mines as well once Engineers are in.

Techies in Squad are worthless for attacking Infantry. They're for transportation, killing vehicles (especially helicopters when they come), and very long range fire on open maps like Kohat Toi where they can actually outrange infantry rifles.

The reason Techies were good in PR were for the following reasons

1) Running people over was extremely effective

2) DEviation on small arms made them super ineffective against a fast moving vehicle

3) There was an invisible shield that gunners had

4) They were much faster and could turn a lot better too

None of that stuff is true in Squad, and I dont think I want all of those things in the game either.

The reason why you won't see all kinds of improvised armour pieces in Squad is because the insurgent faction is pretty clearly based on the Taliban, based on how they dress, what they carry, and what maps theyre on 99% of the time. Taliban never really used armoured vehicles, such contraptions wouldn't be practical for mountain insurgency warfare, lightweight shoot and scoot vehicles are much better for it. OP's pictures are of Daesh, and there isn't a single map in PR where the Daesh have ever fought (No, Al Basrah was never in their control.) This being said, I would definitely like if the Insurgent faction got split into two, where one half is the current version (Taliban, not necessarily named this), and a new one was Daesh (again, name isnt important.), who dress quite a bit differently, speak a different language, and use different weapons and vehicles.

Edited by 40mmrain

20 hours ago, 40mmrain said:

Techies in Squad are worthless for attacking Infantry. They're for transportation, killing vehicles (especially helicopters when they come), and very long range fire on open maps like Kohat Toi where they can actually outrange infantry rifles.

The reason Techies were good in PR were for the following reasons

1) Running people over was extremely effective

2) DEviation on small arms made them super ineffective against a fast moving vehicle

3) There was an invisible shield that gunners had

4) They were much faster and could turn a lot better too

None of that stuff is true in Squad, and I dont think I want all of those things in the game either.

The reason why you won't see all kinds of improvised armour pieces in Squad is because the insurgent faction is pretty clearly based on the Taliban, based on how they dress, what they carry, and what maps theyre on 99% of the time. Taliban never really used armoured vehicles, such contraptions wouldn't be practical for mountain insurgency warfare, lightweight shoot and scoot vehicles are much better for it. OP's pictures are of Daesh, and there isn't a single map in PR where the Daesh have ever fought (No, Al Basrah was never in their control.) This being said, I would definitely like if the Insurgent faction got split into two, where one half is the current version (Taliban, not necessarily named this), and a new one was Daesh (again, name isnt important.), who dress quite a bit differently, speak a different language, and use different weapons and vehicles.

Couldve have swore Daesh was an insult to ISIS not a different group.

2 hours ago, _randombullet said:

You are right.

3 hours ago, _randombullet said:

Yeah. Im saying there should be a faction in Squad that mimics the weapons, vehicles, and dress of ISIS. Obviously they dont have to be called that explicitly.