thefriendlyphysco

CONSOLE GAMER NEEDS HELP BUYING 1ST COMPUTER

Hello 

I am a console gamer and I have recently noticed that consoles don't have ANY realistic war games. And I am looking to buy a computer solely to play Squad. 

Now, Me being the noob I am I know nothing about gaming computers and laptops and I'm looking for advice on whether or not there is a laptop/desktop that has and or exceeds Squads system requirements that is READY TO GO without having to buy a certain graphics card or something along those lines. Ill reiterate once more I'm a noob and I don't know jack shit about building a PC. If the Squad community can help me so I can get into the battle ASAP that would be awesome. Thanks!

PS Please email me at:

[email protected]

[email protected] 

15 hours ago, thefriendlyphysco said:

Hello 

I am a console gamer and I have recently noticed that consoles don't have ANY realistic war games. And I am looking to buy a computer solely to play Squad. 

Now, Me being the noob I am I know nothing about gaming computers and laptops and I'm looking for advice on whether or not there is a laptop/desktop that has and or exceeds Squads system requirements that is READY TO GO without having to buy a certain graphics card or something along those lines. Ill reiterate once more I'm a noob and I don't know jack shit about building a PC. If the Squad community can help me so I can get into the battle ASAP that would be awesome. Thanks!

PS Please email me at:

[email protected]

[email protected] 

Welcome, give us a max budget your happy to spend on the PC and we can help.

Will we need to include a sensible headset, mouse, keyboard and display as well in the package?

3 hours ago, SHO-SHIN said:

Welcome, give us a max budget your happy to spend on the PC and we can help.

Will we need to include a sensible headset, mouse, keyboard and display as well in the package?

Maximum would be $2500 and yes I had no idea everything else was separate. Id be willing to go to $3000 for everything included. 

14 hours ago, wingman9 said:

This will be  a suitable pre-built computer (wifi not included):

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883102272

If your budget is lower, you might also consider a used machine from ebay.

That tower would be awesome considering my local gaming store tried selling me this saying it would be the cheapest one that could handle those requirements. Which one is better in your opinion? 

http://www.visions.ca/catalogue/category/details.aspx?productId=34806&categoryId=0&gclid=CL-w25e22dQCFQIaaQodJwULOg

15 hours ago, IWI-GALIL5.56FA said:

@thefriendlyphysco What is your budget?

Maximum for everything included would be $3000

Thats a nice buget to build a solid rig .

Some more questions to narrow down your future system:

• Desired Monitor size & resolution ( if you don´t know right now,whats your avarage distance to the screen )
  • left or right hander
  • want a small rig ~"size of a toaster" or is it okay to build a MIDI/Bigtower? desired color?
  • Want optical drives like DVD /Blueray ?
  • is a really silent running Rig very important to you ?
  • Do you feel comfortable to install a OS like Windows or has it all to be complet ready out of the box ?

I was allways a fan of choose every component yourself instead in buying prebuild/OEM stuff.

Problem is , the thread opener needs the parts allready assembeled.

Im not familiar with US PC shops but here in germany you can choose every component you`d like and some shops assemble them for a little fee. maybee there is a equivalent in the US ?

There are a few differences between these machines. None of the difference are worth an extra 1000$.

The more expensive machine offers:

Two storage media. A 2 TB hard disk drive (spinning HDD) and a solid state drive (definitely better, but user upgrade-able in the future).

A special version of the i7 7700 processor that permit "overclocking" (running your CPU at a higher frequency). You won't need this.

CPU water cooling. This is a gimmick to justify the +1000$ price. If you want fancy water cooling, a moderately technical user can add an "all in one" CPU cooler later.

WI-FI connectivity. You'll want a wired connection for gaming anyway. You could also add a wifi controller in the future if necessary.

The second machine is almost twice the price for very little additional hardware. The 1200$ machine is a much better value, and will handily play squad.

You can find many similar machines on newegg for around the same price. You might look around a bit to find one with a case you like, which has the front panel ports (IO) you prefer.