Smee

Newbie notification (suggestion)

How about a newbie setting that shows when any tickets are lost and how it effects on the screen. An option that maybe admin could enable and an option to disable in your settings. 

So when you start out you see reports like admin message with team kills. 

Stryker Destroyed your team loses 24 tickets.  470 remain.

FOB  removed 20 tkts lost.  450 remain. 

Teamkilled lose 1 ticket. 

Being aware of ticket system might help with asset waste. Of course pro's will turn it off. 

Edited by Smee

22 minutes ago, Smee said:

How about a newbie setting that shows when any tickets are lost and how it effects on the screen. An option that maybe admin could enable and an option to disable in your settings. 

So when you start out you see reports like admin message with team kills. 

Stryker Destroyed your team loses 24 tickets.  470 remain.

FOB  removed 20 tkts lost.  450 remain. 

Teamkilled lose 1 ticket. 

Being aware of ticket system might help with asset waste. Of course pro's will turn it off. 

So Dox & Shame Noobs? I'm down. 

You know the little "assets" tab on the top right corner of the map? We really just need that to have functionality to click to that page and bring up the quantity and type of vehicles the game has, their ticket value and their respawn times. I'm assuming it's in the plans but the UI just hasn't been done or all those values are going to change so much they don't want to make sure they all update.

Yes Yes Yes !!

Some squads are even named "Stryker squad don't join" and they just keep wasting APC's and Humvees.

Some other people are just building FOB's anywhere they can so they can farm xp and build a big fortress while the enemies can dig the whole thing in like 5 minutes because they don't know where to build !

Yes a marker can be useful when the team reaches 300 tickets or when someone died in an APC i agree

Edited by Mister Skippy

An information system could be very useful absolutely but I would prefer to have the option to disable it client-side. I don't want a constant reminder in the form of additional text on my screen when stuff is happening as it personally ruins my immersion and takes my attention away from what's happening on the screen.

In every match there is a question mark "?" when opening the map which explains the game mode and assets. I think just adding the ticket value to each asset would be sufficient and simple to implement.

I'd like to see it enabled clientside, since many people, even those who have some time in game, not just fresh faced noobs, don't know the value of lost assets. I often see for example, the battle moves on off a cap, but there's still an enemy squad out there trying to take down your FOB and the defending squad will just walk off and leave it. It's one thing to leave a FOB that's still in a safe place, but to just hand over those tickets instead of taking a minute to shovel it down is poor math. 

+1 to enable this client side. It should be on by default when someone buys the game, and he can turn it off if it gets annoying.

I think this should be only available to admin cam/streamers.

For example you will notice that your FOB just got dig-up giving you info you shouldn't probably not know yet.

You should know your fobs gone from the map. As SL and all experienced players would know that's 20tkts gone. New players don't know about the cost. Or are you taking about enemy ticket loss.

2 hours ago, Maamyyra said:

I think this should be only available to admin cam/streamers.

For example you will notice that your FOB just got dig-up giving you info you shouldn't probably not know yet.

I was thinking an information system like when you mouse over a fob, or select it to spawn, it says something like "value 20 tks",  not a notification in game when you lose it. Enter a BTR and "value 30 tks" pops up, on your respawn screen "Click to give up, cost = 2 tickets". Just so people become aware. Once you know, you can turn it off.

Yes i meant that when you dig up enemy FOB, they will get alert they shouldn't see, just like with rally's

Interesting idea, no negatives I can see besides screen clutter and if it is player controllable then it is just benefits.

I've said before that I think there should be a columns for tickets lost for team and tickets taken from enemy in the scoreboard.

eg If you lose a BTR but it balances against what you have taken from the enemy then all is well.

Didn't want a total think some people will want to get that a trophy of loss.

Huh... this whole time I thought an interesting feature would be when you mouse over a friendly fob on the command map it would give you ammo and build point numbers...

8 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Huh... this whole time I thought an interesting feature would be when you mouse over a friendly fob on the command map it would give you ammo and build point numbers...

Ah that's a good one! Nice idea, I think it would be a good UX improvement

On 6/24/2017 at 11:44 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

So Dox & Shame Noobs? I'm down. 

I think he meant it would show up on the player's HUD only, so they get a feel for how the game is being impacted by various aspects. So not shaming them at all, just giving them a more smooth introduction to the game's mechanics rather than having to pour over dozens of wiki pages. 

Edited by Psyrus