ctbear

Are there any bot mods yet?

72 posts in this topic

Bots for training sound like a good idea.  Bots for "fun", tried that in ARMA, wouldn't call it fun.

Yes SQuad Bots for training and the like would be perfecto and I would use the shit out of them .

1 hour ago, Dennisz125 said:

I will use CS:GO as a example. Why do you think there are tons of bots for both official and custom made maps?

They're there to help the players to learn how guns works and train their aim in a control environment. The bots, whatever they're good or not, are there to preserve the game, if online community is no longer exist anymore.

No they are there because they were in Half Life.

Playing against real players will serve you better experience.  If the larger servers are overwhelming join a small population server.  18 players in a server is 1 Squad v 1 Squad, something around 40 players adds another layer of dynamics.  You'll learn with practice 

@Dennisz125 if there are no online players for a certain game it is because there is something more interesting to do, or the world has ended. time to move on, not create poor imitations of real players.

best to learn in the real online game. practise in real network conditions.

beating bots is pointless and unsatisfying. in my opinion.

Just for bringing in more people, bots would be a great idea, for training or running massive milsim ops arma 3 style(would ofc need a lot of modders).

On 6/23/2017 at 8:36 PM, Skul said:

Can modders make ArmA from Squad in Editor? Sure. But something like that would split community, which isn't a good thing.

PR split BF2 community back in 2006 when i started playing and it was bloody awesome to play with like minded people rather than clueless run&gun ones.

On 6/24/2017 at 0:17 PM, Crusty said:

You are pretty ignorant. I know of a lot of people that have a stable internet connection that would play against bots quite often. It can allow people to create co-op missions or to practice their shot on moving targets in such in-game. I don't think you are looking at the big picture.

Everyone should think this. 

This, and everyone forgot coop play which i think would be amazing in squad if done right

On 6/29/2017 at 10:10 AM, Bash said:

Playing against real players will serve you better experience.  If the larger servers are overwhelming join a small population server.  18 players in a server is 1 Squad v 1 Squad, something around 40 players adds another layer of dynamics.  You'll learn with practice 

I would have never gotten good in CS if didn't have bots to play with back in the early 2000s because playing against real people was too hard and i had no internet until mid 2000s , this was in cs1.3 & 1.5 days when most of the sqeakers that infiltrate my squads in squad (squadception) weren't even born,  and god i want COOP in squad

Edited by MilosV

18 hours ago, MilosV said:

PR split BF2 community back in 2006 when i started playing and it was bloody awesome to play with like minded people rather than clueless run&gun ones.

This, and everyone forgot coop play which i think would be amazing in squad if done right

I would have never gotten good in CS if didn't have bots to play with back in the early 2000s because playing against real people was too hard and i had no internet until mid 2000s , this was in cs1.3 & 1.5 days when most of the sqeakers that infiltrate my squads in squad (squadception) weren't even born,  and god i want COOP in squad

Yep 

@suds Ok, here's a simple question, why would triple AAA company, like Activision for example, bother to spend a lots of resource into single player potion of multiplayer focused game? Logically, they can earn tons of money for not adding single player, so why are they doing it?

for people who call themselves "gamers" because they have an xbox. or because their game is either not good enough to support a strong online player base or simply is not compatible with real players.

On 27/06/2017 at 3:02 PM, Dennisz125 said:

I will use CS:GO as a example. Why do you think there are tons of bots for both official and custom made maps?

They're there to help the players to learn how guns works and train their aim in a control environment. The bots, whatever they're good or not, are there to preserve the game, if online community is no longer exist anymore.

released in 1996, played the heck out of this game:

You sure are a negative nancy suds, the mod community would handle the smaller things they just need a push to get started. So its not like they will stop making the game you like for a game you don't like.

And if i had to guess this wouldn't be a thing till a year or two from now.

i said early on it was my opinion. 

I even said i found it mysterious to enjoy playing bots when there where online players, it simply makes no sense to me. I lose out because you choose not to play against me, otherwise I remain simply mystified, and not in a hippy goth way, more a disappointed guy who scratched his new bmx frame way 

No need to attack me or my opinion, state your own move on.

Of course what i say is law and all should follow :P why do you bother having an opinion when I am here to supply one?

23 hours ago, Voice said:

You sure are a negative nancy suds

well said Sir! :P

I mostly play in Co-op mode, the majority of games i own.

I don't play squad anymore since a long time now and i'm planning to uninstall it, first, because i don't like to play a game with random players speaking in a language which is not my main language (lot of headaches), second, because after a while PvP only becomes boring and most of my matches in Squad resulted in running for dozens of minutes without actually firing a single shot, resulting in pain on my fingers. 

All of my friends, just uninstalled squad and moved to ArmA 3 in co-op and they regret to have bought this game.
This is another point of view about PvP games only.

In rising storm 2 vietnam you can play with bots in coop, writing the appropriate commads in the game's console and it's cheaper than squad.

BTW this topic moved totally OT, the OP asked a specific question which has still to be answered.
@OP nope, no one has made this mod yet and i'm afraid this won't happen in the future, also because in this community, there are just the purists left, reducing the amount of the possible modders and in some way i find people a little aggressive when someone writes about adding bots to this game (this is not the first time), maybe because they're afraid to play alone if a co-op mode will be added to the game, ignoring that maybe it is what many players want.
BTW you can buy for a bunch of bucks ArmA3, installing a couple of mods for free and you can play awesome coops

Edited by Simon1279
typo

RS2 bot support is minimal at best and will probably stay like that for the foreseeable future. Why they kept them in I really don't know. The players of the RO series made their views on bots very clear and the devs have said they heard them loud and clear and probably won't spend any more time or effort on them which I agree with. Bots in RO2 were pretty much used only to farm class and weapon xp. RS2 and Squad will never be coop focused.

For myself and many others the Arma series was king. I've done my fair share of Arma milsim but the AI behaviour always ruined any fun for me. Even with mods they always ended up doing something utterly bizarre. Public PvP in Arma is mostly now 3rd person Battlefield which I have no interest in. 

It honestly sounds like Squad was never a game you would get maximum enjoyment out of if you prefer the coop against AI element 

@Melbo Will the devs be looking at the possibility of adding AI bots in Squad's future or is this something that's going to be up to modders?

53 minutes ago, Melbo said:

Public PvP in Arma is mostly now 3rd person Battlefield which I have no interest in.

My thoughts exactly

2 hours ago, Simon1279 said:

I mostly play in Co-op mode, the majority of games i own.

I don't play squad anymore since a long time now and i'm planning to uninstall it, first, because i don't like to play a game with random players speaking in a language which is not my main language (lot of headaches), second, because after a while PvP only becomes boring and most of my matches in Squad resulted in running for dozens of minutes without actually firing a single shot, resulting in pain on my fingers. 

All of my friends, just uninstalled squad and moved to ArmA 3 in co-op and they regret to have bought this game.
This is another point of view about PvP games only.

In rising storm 2 vietnam you can play with bots in coop, writing the appropriate commads in the game's console and it's cheaper than squad.

BTW this topic moved totally OT, the OP asked a specific question which has still to be answered.
@OP nope, no one has made this mod yet and i'm afraid this won't happen in the future, also because in this community, there are just the purists left, reducing the amount of the possible modders and in some way i find people a little aggressive when someone writes about adding bots to this game (this is not the first time), maybe because they're afraid to play alone if a co-op mode will be added to the game, ignoring that maybe it is what many players want.
BTW you can buy for a bunch of bucks ArmA3, installing a couple of mods for free and you can play awesome coops

Bye :)

lol stand down sho-shin before i unleash my considerable disappointment upon you via this text interface.

Bots: 

PROS-

• In the year 2000, before the internet was reliable, there was a good reason to play bots if your friends were not nearby....
  • And in some cases the experiences of online play relating to the behaviour of other players are outside of the control of the developers. that is a reasonable reason to stay off the internet....
  • Some games cant work without bots. (Squad is not on this list)
  • They are easy.

CONS-

• Too easy.
  • Stupid. 
  • Predictable.
  • Unrealistic.
  • Impossibly skilled/aware.

WHY!? I still don't see why anyone would choose to play bots when a real player is available. I was going to use a crude analogy (giggidy) but that would be below the tone of this highly intellectual conversation.

Of course, and as already stated, you may have an opinion of your own. I am willing to read it, no need to attack me personally :D 

Why so many are going Batty about Bots?.

We'd a Thread about Bots,i know OP is asking for an  Update, but here it is, what i remember what our Ex-Dev said...

On 17/11/2015 at 8:22 AM, RoyAwesome said:

For what it's worth, we are including Pathfinding and Navigation in all of our movement stuff (since it's more work to remove it than to add it).  That means mods will be able to add bots.  

Lets add AI Zombies to the game and call it SQUAD Z. lmfao !!!

Squad is suppose to be unique, one of a kind !!! Not made into the same games that have been coming out for the last 20 years.

This is SQUAD not ARMA, CSGO, COD, or a fast pace "Run & Gun" Game !!!!

Edited by Devastation