Sign in to follow this  
Xeiroks

Scopes and red-dots

So, I was looking for a way to customize the red-dots and scope reticle colors, and styles to better reflect the variations in scope design. But after I was looking, I am starting to wonder if I am blind? or if the reticles are part of the scopes model?

Kek )

Scope reticles are part of the model. They are 3D objects. Why? Cause they have to be very crisp and artifact free no matter the resolution you using. Also polygons are pretty cheap, until you're not using any fancy shaders on them.

Red-dots made by pixel shader, basically it just a visual representation of vector lengnt multiplied by some color. If you want to change this color you can easily do it inside the shader:

ZsQJF2I.png

Pay attention that in UE4 if color exceed value of one its mean that it going to be glowing. Thats why when you add red color (1 0 0) multiplied by 25 its going to glow with red color, 25 here is the power of glow.

I hope it helps...

And yeah it is possible to do collimator using 3d objects as well. If you want to know how, you should also check this thread.

Edited by FishMan

Sign in to follow this