Angel Dust

40 posts in this topic

df0003_zps1ztuldgk.jpg

df0002_zps57kpxgsx.jpg

df0001_zpsikiawkf2.jpg

df0004_zps2y78gpbu.jpg

df0006_zpsuwv8fj7s.jpg

df0005_zps7vujpnj4.jpg

Actually after working on it for awhile I figured out Fools Road was much too big to do what I wanted so I switched my Delta Force themed jungle map over to the OPFirstLight map. I'm going to start building the waterfall and other water features today. The setting for this map is somewhere in the Central American jungle and I'm going to switch out the Militia for INS and reskin the INS dudes in woodland camo and black to represent Cartel Paramilitarys. Also I'm going to create new re-textured INS technicals that will be the Olive Drab color as well. Oh, and I'm going to build up some other sick pyramids as well.

The terrain of the valley is working out nicely. I'm trying to keep the environment sparse to keep the polygon count low and maintain a robust framerate. I'm going to increase the fogging a little bit to reduce the sight distance.

Now a little gameplay just to get an idea what the ambience and terrain feels like. Think I'm going to take a break and play Squad now.

2 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

nice stepped pyramid and ruins you got there :)

Now I present the waterfall which of course is a totally necessary part of any luxurious boutique Squad map...

And what Mayan temple would be without a sacrificial fire pit for burning the freshly harvested beating hearts to appease the sun god Huitzilopochtli right?

Seriously though, there are a few more details to fine tune like add another lime green moss layer to the palette and randomly paint the landscape, figure out why my ambient water and tweety bird sounds don't loop and add a few more plants and trees. Other than that this map will be available on my Steam Workshop page once it opens. Oh and I've got to put in the INS/Cartel spawns and make their camo vehicles too.

Edited by Zylfrax791
Speeling

industrial_wastelands001_zps7qh9sd65.jpg

A little preview of my new map "Industrial Wastelands". Its a scaled down CQB map and will be around 10 x 30 city blocks. It will have decrepit factories and destroyed buildings, rubble, trash and all those other details you come to expect plus a few surprises as well for intense gameplay. More pictures and gameplay video this evening. Going for this vibe:

industrial_wastelands002_zpsoiljl62m.jpg