Sign in to follow this  
Zylfrax791

Angel Dust

40 posts in this topic

A little preview of one of my work in progress maps called Angel Dust. Very therapeutic just chilling out making maps again like I did for the Delta Force community. That said, my goal is to basically modify all the existing maps into more natural terrain maps in different climate/location settings strictly by using only the existing assets. There are going to be many subtle ambient details to really add immersion to the maps. And just as a hint in the map name there will be a certain centrally located main fight location in every map that will perhaps loosely resemble a certain map you're all very familiar with but it will be in much less constrained setup... more to come later...

angeldust1_zpsramocl0s.jpg

angeldust2_zpsf5n73mf9.jpg

angeldust3_zpswu3luxii.jpg

angeldust4_zps6vgqth70.jpg

Edited by Zylfrax791
speling

4 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

more to come later...

ooh, leaving us hanging, eh? ;)

2 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Angel_Falls_zpscgwwm7qn.jpg

The new Hilltop...

Out of curiosity, why would someone build/make a road going up there, especially one that splits off at the top? Is it a "sightseeing" spot, in the map's fictional setting?

1 minute ago, Psyrus said:

Out of curiosity, why would someone build/make a road going up there, especially one that splits off at the top? Is it a "sightseeing" spot, in the map's fictional setting?

...oh probably gonna get rid of the splines anyway and make it a trail to some ruins. More of a natural terrain version of the map with a waterfall.

Angel_Falls3_zpshcav2o5v.jpg

Angel_Falls4_zpsmy65iwgd.jpg

You were right Psyrus this looks better. Just enjoying myself learning this Unreal Editor very sick indeed. wil Post a screenie of the waterfall sans the procedural water which im still trying to dial...

Nice, waterfalls usually fall into small lagoons, because the rushing water creates it before starting into a stream or river, I believe.  And streams do not usually go in straight lines.  Just a couple observations. 

39 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Angel_Falls7_zps4y6iz4xg.jpg

Angel_Falls8_zpsdwhxizw0.jpg

The beginning of the waterfall...

My dream come true....DF:AngelFalls.

Very nice indeed my man.

48 minutes ago, XRobinson said:

Nice, waterfalls usually fall into small lagoons, because the rushing water creates it before starting into a stream or river, I believe.  And streams do not usually go in straight lines.  Just a couple observations. 

Oh yeah. I'll get that dialed this evening. The water spline you see is the original OWI one and I'm going to drop in a vertical one that is from Pure Polygons Procedural Pack on the cliff and it will have foaming etc based on the rocks "squeezing" it. Go to two minutes in this video for what I'm hoping to create: 

24 minutes ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

My dream come true....DF:AngelFalls.

Very nice indeed my man.

Yeah my dream too. Let's call the level Angel Falls instead. It was referencing de_dust2 but I'm going to put that project in the middle of a completely barren Chora I'm working on.

Great job so far, man! Looks like it will be amazing map!

Thats a work in progress title. Pretty stoked on this. I've got about 16 hours into it now. Any suggestions or requests are highly encouraged. This is map is gonna have a large centrally located village of ruins in the center around the river radiating out like a wagon wheel with de_dust in the very middle where the INS main base will be. Dust will be the main objective (obviously duh...) There will be 3 American LZ's located in the adjacent mountains each with the typical compliment of vehicles. I've already done the vehicle timing correlated to the arrival of the US compared to a measure of time it takes for INS to build a FOB/HAB and heavily fortify with equal results. That said, the speed down the hills in the US vehicles are hilariously epic. Here are the first few images. 

choradust_zpsa8ulsdm5.jpg

lz_zulu3_zpsyfcbslun.jpg

lz_zulu2_zpsnqjbjouo.jpg

lz_zulu_zpsqwkmzbgl.jpg

Is this in preparation for transport helps ?

Biggest worry get high spots and shooting everything  on the map, good progress.

44 minutes ago, Smee said:

Is this in preparation for transport helps ?

Biggest worry get high spots and shooting everything  on the map, good progress.

Not sure what that means but I reckon you're referencing choppers...?  If so yeah hence the LZ designation...

Sorry tablet spell checked, was meant to be helo's 

Here is an update of today's work on LZ Westmoreland and a drive down the hill.

lz_westmoreland_zps9eworqzg.jpg

lz_westmoreland2_zpsmtfxgrec.jpg

Edited by Zylfrax791

Progress this evening. Did extensive work on the mountains and river channels. Finished removing all the spline walls & roads (will add some back later when I raise the terrain a bit) plus dropped in a bunch of buildings. Next is building de_dust from scratch at all the objectives and I'm going to replace Russia with INS.  INS will actually spawn in at their choice of objectives plus their main secret base will be up in the NE corner of the map...

choradust2_zpsf0hx3gnt.jpg

village_zpsolaghp00.jpg

Update dropped so gonna play Skward all evening but next I'm going to create the Long module.