bokaj

Movies that convey the atmosphere of Squad

Hi, I'm looking for good movies that convey a similar atmosphere and feel to Squad. Any suggestions?

Atmosphere? Black Hawk Down - Behind Enemy Lines - Jarhead 

Edited by _randombullet

Well there's documentaries focusing on the war in Afghanistan (Restrepo, Korengal.) Not exactly a movie (its a miniseries) but Generation Kill is one of the most entertaining modern war productions I've seen, and probably the most like "Squad" in that it focuses a lot on the relationships and dynamics of a Squad and Platoon. Would highly recommend.

Edited by Sorta

I agree that Generation Kill is a great miniseries, kind of like band of brothers and the pacific - but there isn't that much fighting in generation kill, since the fighting weren't really that heavy in that particular campaign.

Black Hawk Down ofcourse is a classic movie with modern warfare (gulf war - so the 90's but pretty much the same).

Act of valor is kind of a shitty movie, however all the actors portraying soldiers are x sealteam and the fighting/tactics involved are very close to real life.

Like others said: Restrepo is pretty much a must watch for me, and generation kill is awesome. If you're like me and you've seen each more times than you're willing to admit, a movie called sandcastle just came out on Netflix and it's pretty good too. Hurt locker is an honourable mention.

Strike Back is pretty cool. Worth it for the Section 20 hot lady's with guns alone. Generation kill is awesome too. Be sure to watch the making of the series.

Hardcore Henry seems like the closest thing to Squad right now, especially this scene :D

Neither Heaven Nor Earth

French army fighting in afghanistan.

It's def more a psychological analysis of the war than an actual war movie, so it's probably not what you look for. But I personally loved it so I'll just it here, just in case.

Danish documentary called Armadillo, portrays a Danish army platoon fighting in the green zone in Helmand. Most of the footage is helmet cam, some fighting, some interviews, and some horrible parts as well because the producer is a ****ing hippie.

Generation Kill - HBO mini series, literally every conversation they have is the type of conversation that happens when you're walking around in Squad. It's also just a kick ass show that you have to watch if you're a fan of the war life.