TTurtle

What Headset Do You Use?

As I type this up I'm sitting here with my TurtleBeach Recon 320s on.
They retail for ~$70 & I would NOT recommend them.

I didn't believe the countless reviews made by young kids on YouTube when they said the headset was cheap and breaks easily.
I assumed: They're kids. They rage. I'm generally very laid back and I handle my equipment like a normal individual. They probably dropped it or threw it across the room.

I purchased them 6 months ago.

The first issue with them was the volume - Upon turning them up to the loudest the in-line adjuster would go, I'd actually LOSE volume. There was a sweet spot just below max volume that would give me the level of sound I was expecting. I noticed this about 2 months in... but thought: No biggy, I can work around that.

3 Months in I notice that I can hear the speakers popping and fizzing as I turn my head... a bit annoyed but I learned to live with it.

6 months in I go to remove the headset as I have countless times before and the right band has broken clean through.
There was no violent sound to it breaking. It simply was. (And it's now held together with duct-tape... which feels awkward because its not hugging my right ear).

My brother... who shelled out $300 for Astro A50s (and loves them), tells me I should expect this from ANY company for that price range.
I don't buy it...

(pun intended)

So what Headsets do you guys rock?
Since I'm now in the market for a new one... any products I should avoid like the plague?

I use Turtle Beach PS11's. I don't recall the price (extremely cheap) of them as I bought them 3/4 years ago, but they're the best I've owned.

I have Audio-Technica ATH-AD700x headphones with a modmic 4.0

The headphones are super comfortable, but being 'open air'--surrounding people can hear what I hear & they do not provide any external noise dampening/cancelling. I play games in my man cave, so I don't need to worry it unless one of my kids comes into my room whilst someone in chat is swearing their nipples off.

The modmic is good, but doesn't work well with my on board sound. I have a turtlebeach USB soundcard that I use as an alternative input source for the mic. That makes it much more acceptable, though I can occasionally still hear a very small hiss/whine.

I also use the same 3 devices on my PS4.

Logitech G930, pretty good.

But 90% of the time I play with speakers and a directional mic so that there is no echo or anything :)

I had the Logitech g35 for over 6 years... it broke like 2 months ago, it was realy hard to throw it away... so many good memories.... realy good headset!

Now I use the Razer Kraken Chroma, wich also seems nice so far.

Funny, i´ve bought yesterday a new Sound-Setup:

http://www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/gaming/mmx-300-manufaktur.html

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00JF6RN6E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

So i can use 600 Ohm. I´ve used g930 for a long time and now the the Roccat Kave 5.1 xtd. But i dont like the soundquality on both headsets. I hope my new Setup will be better :)

Razor Megalodons

-Quality is pretty good, but not the best.

-Comfort is very bad, makes your ears hurt because they don't grip tightly around your head, they just sit on it loosely

-Mic is shitty, because of the background static

-The options on it are pretty good, you can adjust base, treble, and stuff.

Probably would not recommend them, but they are okay.

I don't have a headset. I use AKG Q701 as my gayming headphones together with Zalman's small mic and ModMic 4.0.

Seriously though, don't buy headsets. Besides Beyerdynamics MMX300 and Sennheiser PC360 there are very few that are worth the money. If you don't like spending a lot then you're far better off buying entry level open headphones from a reputable headphone company.

If you're not sure what to look for, this is a good place to start.

I use Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma  totally fit for me, very comfortable and crystal clear sound playback and recording headset. if you love like me extremely loud gunfight sounds you will love em'.

Excatly the one I use, I have it synch in color with my Razer Deathadder Chroma but I still dont have an idea why a headset needs LEDs you cant even see because well its on your ears.... :o

Excatly the one I use, I have it synch in color with my Razer Deathadder Chrome but I still dont have an idea why a headset needs LEDs you cant even see because well its on your ears.... :o

lol but still you looks cool if someone walking around and see you with leds on your ears :D also it can serve as a sign "I'm gaming right now, Don't bother me!" 

lol but still you looks cool if someone walking around and see you with leds on your ears :D also it can serve as a sign "I'm gaming right now, Don't bother me!" 

Well im all alone so i can only say "hey man look how cool i game" when i have friends over :/

I'm using Kingston HyperX Cloud Headset, which have been really awesome considering the price.

I used to have Audio Technica AD900X but wanted something that had a mic.  I was going to get a mod mic but didn't want to mess around with having an extra cable to deal with.

I bought the HyperX cloud based on all the positive reviews but wasn't expecting much from them compared to the audio technicas, BUT I was very surprised with their performance and like the fact that it has a removable mic and they were pretty comfortable.

I would highly recommend them if you're looking for a "gaming" headset.

Used SteelSeries Siberia v2 until it broke... and ordered another one.

There's a bit of a cult following around the Monoprice DJ Headphones for budget HiFi. Not bad for $30 and likely better than the Turtle Beach build quality.

I use ATH-M50s and they're nice, but the pads are due for a replacement. I think any number of "Studio Headphone" variants are the best way to go, as they typically try to have even frequency response. No Beats.

Sony, Audio Technica, AKG, Shure, Sennheiser all make good studio headphones. You could go HiFi like Grado etc, but I don't think it suits the application. Even the headphones in the $50 range are going to be great compared to most gaming headsets for audio.

102431_l.jpg

Corsair Gaming H1500 Dolby 7.1 Gaming Headset USB Connector w/ Noise Cancelling Mic

This is what I use , very good for $90 Canadian

Philips Fidelio X1

Or9o86o.jpg

+

FiiO E17

YG3sB45.jpg

+

ModMic V4

iNH0uvv.jpg

+

Syba USB Adapter, for the Microphone

OXHoIwi.jpg

I switch between the following headsets depending on my mood and the game.

Audiotechnica ATH - ADG1

ASTRO A50s

RHA T10i's running on a USB DAC

My mic is a Blue Yeti.

SteelSeries Siberia.

Yup me too.

I also have my AKG studio headphones for stuff where no mic is necessary, when I just want the full audio experience.

Bose AE2 with a Blue Yeti microphone

I play CS.

I soundwhore like a MF.

Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000. They're extremely durable, both the headphones and microphone are pretty damn good quality for the price of £20. First set lasted me 3 years, headphones still work though the mic is shagged but that's due to actual damage rather than just deterioration over time.

sennheiser pc 350 se ,was told many years ago to try this make from a friend and looked at the price :blink: ,so i got the wife to buy it for me :D never gone with any other make since because the sound is unreal ,but don't forget to have a good sound card with any expensive headphones or its just pointless.