Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tweak by one

what is our label on gaming community?

i''ve been wondering this for a while now, when my friends talked to me like

"oh you have squad, you're a hardcore man."

i get that a lot even with my friends in life.

all  i knew was i'm a casual gamer who plays squad like every god damn squad player.

now i'm asking you guys what do you label your self? and what does casual fps gamer look at us( run & gun fps gamers)?

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, tweak by one said:

what does casual fps gamer look at us( run & gun fps gamers)?

I believe people from other games think(as well as most of the people see themselves, who play Squad) Squad players are like this:

each-injured-us-soldier-will-end-up-cost

how-the-us-military-is-beating-hackers-a

When in reality most of players are more like this(note that the guy on an image below doesn't have any audio output, ears, hands, mouse or keyboard):

Hurr+_510f45cbbd975c5bf0cf24c77682da38.j

How I've come to this conclusion? After I got shout at(after trying to enlighten them with reason) by 19 yo school sports tenths of times as we were in army 'Shut it. I'm the Squad Leader and we're going to do it my way because I just said so'. After that he takes BTR, charges inside an enemy flag Commando style, they get RPG'd, they all bail out in panic, get killed, obviously, then BTR gets RPGd 2 more times and send whole squad to a spawn screen(considering the fact that one warned them before they left main that this is going to happen exactly like that). That's just one out of hundreds of examples I could provide, probably.

2 hours ago, tweak by one said:

now i'm asking you guys what do you label your self?

When I play, I think I'm more like this:

YxbciV4i.png

Edited by Skul

Squad is just a shooter that requires more tactics and thinking than just reaction time or logic. I'm just casual, I can't stand milsim. 

On 2017-6-18 at 4:33 AM, tweak by one said:

now i'm asking you guys what do you label your self? and what does casual fps gamer look at us( run & gun fps gamers)?

Label myself - well that's easy, 'special'.

I know a bunch of casual gamer's (aka normal people) and they pretty much look at me and think, he is nut's. Which to a point is true.

But it boils down to 3 things.

1. I am more competitive than them (hence fps, screen quality, lag, powerful PC etc all matter)

2. I actually love playing Squad, for what Squad is a hardcore team based tactical FPS

3. I m totally happy dedicating around 20 hours a week to playing the game with my friends, in my world this is time well spent

For whatever reason, they don't do the above stuff it's different for them which is fine and dandy.

Well I'm getting on in life,the Year's of playing JointOps/BHD/DF has taken its toll on me.

But I'm still a Nutter & lov it when i shout out loud....:D

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Well I'm getting on in life,the Year's of playing JointOps/BHD/DF has taken its toll on me.

But I'm still a Nutter & lov it when i shout out loud....:D

giphy.gif

HAHA warshock

I am a gamer that is increasingly enjoying games that are more like Chess than Connect 4.

Games that rely on just twitch shooting and individual actions alone have become more and more boring to me.

Just my preference though, my twitch arena shooter days are pretty much over, but honestly they never truly appealed to me regardless of my age. Even in the days of Quake, UT, etc. I'd play Tribes than those games.

I keep trying to figure out what to define my label as, but then I confuse myself by liking something like Stardew Valley right alongside a hardcore RPG, then I'll flip over to PUBG. I think... I think I might just like games. 

I'm just glad Dota 2 set me free. Whew.