Sign in to follow this  
_randombullet

Vehicle driver scoring.

Logi truck drivers can be the top scoring person on their team if dedicated enough. This had me thinking about armor drivers. What kudos do these guys get? Its a selfless role in the game but very important if done right. I lead a squad earlier and assigned two of my squadmates to support our pushes into objectives in the stryker. THey kept our armor alive the entire game going 50 something - 0. We ended up winning the round and then the score screen came up. Driver? Zero points. TBH there should be some sort of motivation to remain a dedicated driver.Maybe a shared teamwork score relating to the kills their gunner had that round. Thoughts?

Edited by _randombullet

Voice   

Yea its one of those things, its a thankless job driving around all match with your map open trying not to die while having some effect on the battlefield )

Smee   

Hopefully  some point they should get same score earned by gunner. They should in theory get higher score.

sweeziee   

As someone who loves driving vehicles in this game I honestly don't mind the lack of in-game reward at all, it would just be a number after all. 

I feel good enough just by knowing that I was able to make a difference in the battle, help my gunner get all those kills he got thanks to some good communication between the crew and good positioning of the vehicle while also keeping the vehicle alive. 

And as we'll be getting locked squads in the future along with, what I guess atleast, some kind of crew kit, we'll be getting dedicated squads for driving all those armored vehicles, so it will be easier to distinguish between who was the driver and who was the gunner. So if someone sees that the gunner(s) got good results then they will also know that the driver(s) also did a good job, thus earning some respect - and that would be enough for me.

But if they're gonna add this in at all then I suppose each kill (not incapacitate) could count as an assist for the driver

Edited by sweeziee

Quacken   

Don't get caught up with the "score", the real reward is the teamplay you have with your crew and how good you perform.

40 minutes ago, Quacken said:

Don't get caught up with the "score", the real reward is the teamplay you have with your crew and how good you perform.

I was going to add the score factor into it. I could go 0-20 and still finish the round with a smile if the team won. On the flip side im a big believer in recognition. Every class has stats and an additional driver type end game stat would be cool. 

Crusty   

I don't really care about points because once the game is over and its the next match, it doesn't mean shit. 

Skul   
9 hours ago, _randombullet said:

This had me thinking about armor drivers. What kudos do these guys get?

Well, when I'm a driver and my gunner makes 50-0, I take his 50-0 as my own, because positioning is so much more important than shooting. Shooting system on vehicles is pretty easy(and very fun) in this game. Any newbie after 1 hour on Firing Range can easily shoot enemy soldiers 500-800m away.

The only reason why most of the people don't go 50-0 too often is because most of the people just charge inside the flag on their BTR/Stryker/BRDM/MTLB/Humvee and die.

Logi truck drivers can be the top scoring person on their team if dedicated enough.

Points are broken in Squad and don't tell anyone about anything. Very often I see squads at the end of the round going 8-90 or something and then dropping phrases in local after they lost 350-0 'Oh, look at us, we're the best squad, we've got 8000 Score Points'. Which makes me kek so hard pod_stalom.gif. Sometimes in that team there is another squad which went 144-20 or something with 3000 Score Points... So yeah... Points don't tell you if one was an effective useful player.

Actually, in games like Squad, Score Points are counter-productive because a lot of players stat padding to get more points. And I see it all the time. For example, when capping a free flag, instead of leaving 1 guy on this free flag to capture, they're sitting with 9 guys there on free flag just to get these 100 points. I even saw it numerous times on events like CCFN(no joke).

I would get rid of these Score points completely.

Driver? Zero points. TBH there should be some sort of motivation to remain a dedicated driver. Maybe a shared teamwork score relating to the kills their gunner had that round. Thoughts?

I agree. I would do it this way.

• Get rid of current Score points.
  • Add new stat called Kill influence points or something like that.
  • If you get 1 incapacitated, you get 1 Kill influence point..
  • When that player give up, you get 1 more Kill influence point.
  • If you make 50%+ damage to enemy soldier and then somebody else kills this player(without this player being healed by a medic), you get 1 Kill influence point.
  • Driver gets 50% of everything and anything gunner gets. When you're on a driver seat and your gunner makes 1 kill, you get 1 Kill influence point.

I would go even further and made this:

• If you damage enemy vehicle by 25%+ and then someone else destroys that vehicle, you get number of Kill influence point, which is the percentage(% of damage done to a vehicle) of tickets vehicle cost. So let's say you hit enemy BTR(20 tickets) with an RPG and made exactly 33.3% of damage to it. Then Stryker came and finished it. You get 20/3~6.667 Kill influence point. Of course, it draws rounded number.
  • Same with when you destroy enemy vehicle. You get number of 1 Kill influence point, which is the percentage of tickets vehicle cost.

I would also add one more parameter called Cost to enemy. Based on the above logic, it would calculate how many tickets you personally cost to the enemy team. So, let's say one one-manning Stryker, one killed 70 enemy soldiers, destroyed 3 enemy BTRs, 2 MTLBs and 2 trucks. This way it would show on the scoreboard that one cost enemy team about 170 tickets. I would say that this parameter is more important than any other, because this parameter shows how many actual pressure one put on enemy team and how much one actually cost to the enemy team.

Edited by Skul

banOkay   
3 hours ago, Skul said:

That's a broken scoring too; medics making crucial revives, people building FOBs, people defending when no one happens to attack etc. would get 0 credit.

Skul   
1 hour ago, banOkay said:

That's a broken scoring too; medics making crucial revives, people building FOBs, people defending when no one happens to attack etc. would get 0 credit.

Nah, I just described only a part that vehicles have something to do with. It would take 10x times more letters to describe the whole system. The logic behind it is to actually show how many tickets player saved for their team or cost to enemy team. We already have revive count, as well as heal count, so you can tell how many players medic revived and how much he healed with 10 hp accuracy.

I don't think people should get points for building any placements. You build it for yourself or for your teammates. Placements should be used to do stuff(like used to kill or spot enemies, repair your vehicles, etc.). The fact that you dug something doesn't mean anything. I dig a lot myself but I don't think I should get points for digging an ammo crate for myself. But I definitely should get credit for using that ammo crate to spam enemies with grenades or to get more bandages to revive much more teammates than I would if I didn't have that ammo crate.

When people defending when no one happens to attack shouldn't get any points either. Yes, you're sitting on the def flag but it doesn't really show how effective you actually are. Imagine when a defending squad is sitting on an empty flag for 30 minutes, then after 30 minutes 1 enemy attacking squad comes and wipes this defensive squad in 1 minute(consider that defending squad never made even 1 kill). How actually useful this defending squad was for a team? They just got wiped on the flag as soon as enemy came to that flag. I am just speculating but that's how I see it. I don't see how you can correctly calculate something like that, so it is better to just leave it out.

Only things that can be counted correctly(like revives; incapacitated; kills; vehicle destroyed; number of flags neutralized, captured, defended; etc.) should be counted.

8 hours ago, Skul said:

Well, when I'm a driver and my gunner makes 50-0, I take his 50-0 as my own, because positioning is so much more important than shooting. Shooting system on vehicles is pretty easy(and very fun) in this game. Any newbie after 1 hour on Firing Range can easily shoot enemy soldiers 500-800m away.

The only reason why most of the people don't go 50-0 too often is because most of the people just charge inside the flag on their BTR/Stryker/BRDM/MTLB/Humvee and die.

Points are broken in Squad and don't tell anyone about anything. Very often I see squads at the end of the round going 8-90 or something and then dropping phrases in local after they lost 350-0 'Oh, look at us, we're the best squad, we've got 8000 Score Points'. Which makes me kek so hard pod_stalom.gif. Sometimes in that team there is another squad which went 144-20 or something with 3000 Score Points... So yeah... Points don't tell you if one was an effective useful player.

Actually, in games like Squad, Score Points are counter-productive because a lot of players stat padding to get more points. And I see it all the time. For example, when capping a free flag, instead of leaving 1 guy on this free flag to capture, they're sitting with 9 guys there on free flag just to get these 100 points. I even saw it numerous times on events like CCFN(no joke).

I would get rid of these Score points completely.

• Get rid of current Score points.
  • Add new stat called Kill influence points or something like that.
  • If you get 1 incapacitated, you get 1 Kill influence point..
  • When that player give up, you get 1 more Kill influence point.
  • If you make 50%+ damage to enemy soldier and then somebody else kills this player(without this player being healed by a medic), you get 1 Kill influence point.
  • Driver gets 50% of everything and anything gunner gets. When you're on a driver seat and your gunner makes 1 kill, you get 1 Kill influence point.

I would go even further and made this:

• If you damage enemy vehicle by 25%+ and then someone else destroys that vehicle, you get number of Kill influence point, which is the percentage(% of damage done to a vehicle) of tickets vehicle cost. So let's say you hit enemy BTR(20 tickets) with an RPG and made exactly 33.3% of damage to it. Then Stryker came and finished it. You get 20/3~6.667 Kill influence point. Of course, it draws rounded number.
  • Same with when you destroy enemy vehicle. You get number of 1 Kill influence point, which is the percentage of tickets vehicle cost.

I would also add one more parameter called Cost to enemy. Based on the above logic, it would calculate how many tickets you personally cost to the enemy team. So, let's say one one-manning Stryker, one killed 70 enemy soldiers, destroyed 3 enemy BTRs, 2 MTLBs and 2 trucks. This way it would show on the scoreboard that one cost enemy team about 170 tickets. I would say that this parameter is more important than any other, because this parameter shows how many actual pressure one put on enemy team and how much one actually cost to the enemy team.

Very good points Skul as always.

11 hours ago, Skul said:

Points are broken in Squad and don't tell anyone about anything.

^ I wish more people knew about this.

I agree completely, we could try to fix the point system so a player's score at least semi-accurately shows his contribution to the result of the game (which is borderline impossible in my opinion, there are too many ways to either help or screw up your team, most of which depend on the circumstances and are hard to evaluate in terms of points). A much better solution presents itself - to finally get rid of the prehistoric point system that has been with us since the very beginning of gaming and instead figure out a better system for displaying how well each player did.

Sidhuken   

An Assist score for drivers would be good, but i personally believe score is irrelevant. As long as your team won, you did good. And kills are just a bonus lol 

LugNut   

Just get rid of points and give everyone little gold trophies at the end of the round so we can all feel special. 

Voice   

Maybe there is just something that have to be left out, but tracking match stats are awesome with the updates.