Sign in to follow this  
a113362002

new role - Commander & CCT

As long as the Squad has became more complicated game, I suggest to add the role like Commander and CCT which will make the game more strategic and fun to play. The commander can set the goal and coordinate resource for the squad leaders, just like RS 2 Vietnam does.  (Cuz sometime it's painful for squad leaders try to communicate with each other with two radio channel rings at the same time, and if the commander can set the strategic , then squad leader can focus on squad tactics.) Maybe you will think it's unnessasary and I know that there are weakness about RS2 Vietnam but Squad is a great game which can be really felixible to improve so... maybe?
988EC45A92136489D8B9FB3459A5641FECA4EB77

I think there should be an assistant commander slot as well and not include commander and assistant commander on those 100players as they are practically spectators. Instead of it all resting on one guy to screw up everything. It would be nice to have the possibility of some one else also being able to strategize and throw out ideas at the top level with. 

I thought they said that they were intending to add a commander role?

Edited by madcat768

Commander role sounds great.

Not sure what the rules are about where they can spawn, etc. but I like the idea that someone can dictate an overall strategy to the squads. This sounds like someone who should run mortars and manage vehicle unlocks, which would remove a lot of responsibility from a single dedicated SL (I believe Squad Lead has too much responsibility right now).

I dont think taking orders from someone will work.

I would prefer an Intel role (preferably a vehicle or deployable) which can provide support to squads rather than orders.

Give them some nice tools which aid the team. 

Eg using a piloted UAV with a limited range and flight time.

heavy enemy presence here [marks]

Target marked [for future guided AT etc]

Rather than commands the player/s in control of the Intel Vehicle can provide higher detail marks and lines on the map.

Supplies required here [marks]

This route is not safe [marks and perhaps lines]

Recommend squad 1 flanks this way [lines]

This area is undefended [marks]

This is much more likely to be seen as a benefit than some stranger micro managing.

The SL channel already has enough chatter or lack of, the commander would assume they had some authority which would almost always turn to less team cooperation in a public game.

38 minutes ago, suds said:

I dont think taking orders from someone will work.

In an organized match of course it would work. In random public matches probably not so much unless the commander has the ability to remove squad leaders or create vote kicks. In addition in a public match who decides in the lobby exactly who the commander will be? Again we go back to stats and ranking. The finished version of the game must look at your Steam account and count all these Alpha hours towards a rank.

On a side note I played in several of the commander test matches where the commander was in cameraman mode and honestly that was a little over the top and shouldn't be implemented into the finished game.

you have agreed with me using only negatives :)

Edited by suds

I'm with suds. Commander can only be a support role with cool assets. Don't give the commander to much power.
Even with a ranking system (which never comes in the game Imo) can't guarantee that the commander is Not an Gamebreaking arse.

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

Squad 2 declares independence from all command structures and sovereign rights to all lands west of the river. Invaders will be destroyed.

59d4509904c49d2ecbe8f62981e31597--humor-

Blame the commander for the loss, that's what ends up happening, even when squads go rogue and declare independence from command.  But on the flip side the rogue squad if in it to win it can be the deciding factor that wins the match, then the commander gets the win accolades when the commander doesn't deserve it.  :)