RipGroove

When 'Free Look' is implemented, will it be 'TrackIR' (or similar) compatible?

I believe 'Free Look' is coming in the next big update so was wondering if it will work with any Free Look hardware right away or will it just be a keybind?

Disclaimer/ not owning any Free Look hardware I don't have a clue if specific hardware needs to be supported in game in order for it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)
On 13/06/2017 at 11:33 PM, RipGroove said:

Disclaimer/ not owning any Free Look hardware I don't have a clue if specific hardware needs to be supported in game in order for it to work.

No, game doesn't have to support any kind of hardware in order for players to be able to use free look.

In this video:

Devs used hotkey to activate free-look mode and mouse to move camera around.

I hope in v10 they will make that you can bind free-look to mouse, joystick axes, buttons, as well as free-track, trackIR and VR helmets... But I'm afraid that all we'll get in v10 is just a hotkey+mouse free-look. Because if they added support of any kind of other devices, they would brag about it in a video 'TrackIR support, and you can control your aim(using mouse) and camera view angle(using trackIR) simultaneously.

They didn't even add support of DirectInput devices yet. Meaning you can't even use any kind of gamepads, controllers, joysticks and wheels, except for xbox360-compatible controllers, which is pretty much the only thing that is supported natively by UE4...

Edited by Skul

Hoping TrackIR will be supported one day; I have it for flight sims and (eventually) Star Citizen. I used it in Arma 3 also, but sadly that "game" is too much sandbox and not enough game for me, now that Squad is getting so good!  The AI in Arma just doesn't do it for me, and PvP is pretty non-existent and completely fractured. But, I digress...