Para

Can we get a Humvee Grenade launcher Varient. To make humvees more effective. (photo)

im gonna agree with Skul on this one, the open top Humvee is pretty worthless as an offensive tool on Basrah. That particular weapon needs a lot of open ground at specific ranges (too far for a rifle to easily kill the gunner, short enough so that the gunner can actually see his targets), and Basrah has almost none of that. If you're in an open top on Al Basrah and you're in the city, youre just going to get shot out of the turret. If you're out of the city, you're usually shooting at enemies that are in buildings and generally you need the precision and optics of the CROWS to actually hit them reliably.

Edited by 40mmrain

I would be happy to see Grenade launchers on humvies, as long as the ammo is limited a fair bit but also the range. I can imagine the spam of it already lol

Edited by Sidhuken

19 hours ago, 40mmrain said:

im gonna agree with Skul on this one, the open top Humvee is pretty worthless as an offensive tool on Basrah. That particular weapon needs a lot of open ground at specific ranges (too far for a rifle to easily kill the gunner, short enough so that the gunner can actually see his targets), and Basrah has almost none of that. If you're in an open top on Al Basrah and you're in the city, youre just going to get shot out of the turret. If you're out of the city, you're usually shooting at enemies that are in buildings and generally you need the precision and optics of the CROWS to actually hit them reliably.

Well, that .50 cal Humvee was designed to support your armor in destroying enemy vehicles. Nobody uses it that way(everyone is using it as a bus) but if you manage to flank enemy BTR, come from behind of it and start shooting at enemy BTR(without that BTR spotting you before), that BTR is pretty much dead, because it takes only 40 hits from a .50 cal to destroy a BTR. And that's about the time it will take BTR to turn its machine gun at a maximum speed by 180° to start shooting at that .50 cal Humvee. The point is that BTR is going to be dead by the time it is even able to shoot at Humvee.

On Al Basrah in particular these .50 cal Humvees can be effectively used to destroy empty techies of Insurgents, after vehicles with CROWS killed infantries inside these techies. It takes about 25 bullets fror CROWS to destroy 1 techie. And that's a lot if you ask me. I almost always leave these techies after I kill infantries inside if it isn't a full supply truck or an SPG, which I can't control. And if it is, then I destroy it myself, because I can't control it. But if it's something else than SPG or a supply truck, I leave it staying in the middle of nowhere, so enemies can't use it against us. Very often I see Insurgents running out from their main base because they're out of cars(because we left them instead of destoying them).

But then can the Russian Army and Militia get AGS-30 ? Those are in fact infantry weapons unlike Mk19 that weights like 3 tons. 

Might almost be too much for Squad. In Arma2 Mk19 is absolutely horrifying to play against if you can't get the gunner right away.

But that's what early phases of the game are for though, right? Could try it out, this would be pretty nice to hear ingame though.

Man I look forward to having the 40mm, and a forward observer. That will be so OP!

Any vehicle that gets the drop on another usually wins.