Para

Can we get a Humvee Grenade launcher Varient. To make humvees more effective. (photo)

Para   

I noticed in Game that not many people use the Main gun its quite difficult to use effectively due to the zoom and impossible when moving. Humvees also come with a grenade launcher on top in real life, this would reduce the accuracy needed and also make the Humvees much more effective against infantry out on the field. 

I would be interested in your thoughts and opinions on this idea and also if any of the developers could also comment thank you.

++ Option for 50cal versions to have a sight unit on with zoom.

top.jpg

Edited by Para

Sorta   

Someone was working on a mod for it. It would probably be OP at this stage of the game, same reason we don't have 30 mm HE rounds I guess.

Para   

They are used in real life, if it was set to 30 rounds only and had to RTB then this would stop spammers. And besides the gunner has less protection so it would even it's self out.  Current 50 cals are not used often they seem very ineffective. 

HMMWVs can be extremely effective if used properly. The problem is that most people think they can just park it in the middle of the open and start shooting. Instead, you have to use mobility and surprise while limiting your own exposure.

If you just stand on top of a hill and start engaging contacts 100m away, you're going to have a bad day. If you're in a depression with foliage obscuring most of your vehicle, you can take out a 30mm BTR without it ever noticing you.

Roo5ter   

Mk19 variants do not have less protection, the simple fact is this picture is a light skinned variant where the hmmwvs in game are uparmored and designed to be more resistant and offer more protection to occupants and gunner.  The Mk19 can and is mounted in the same manner as the 50 cal.  The gun mounts have interoperability between the M2 and Mk19, therefore any vehicle is designed to carry both, they do not swap the entire vehicle out if they need a different type of HMG/GMG.  There are two lengths of belts you will find for the Mk19, 32 and 48 round.  The HEDP is the round of choice much like the M203.  

Ideally if we see the Mk19 on a HMMWV it is later in the game's development or HE rounds are used since the HEDP would tear apart a BTR in less than 3 seconds given current survivability and damage modeling of the American HEDP 40mm rounds in game.

As a last note I would like to point out that 50 cals are pretty impossible to use in a manned turret on the move.  The gun and shield are mounted together on one horizontal swivel point and the gun alone is mounted with one vertical swivel.  

WiFiDi   

heres one on a MATV (oshkosh/jltv). while they exist im not sure the game is ready for them just yet. thought at the end of the day i hope they make it in i just wonder if they will be to powerful until we get more armor into the game. they would beable to kill most things currently in the game. if the grenade launcher can do some hefty damage or even get last couple of shots off on btr then imagine what fullauto can do. they also put the mk19 on strikers which is something i also want. i imagine they were/are at least waiting for animation/core inventory before they add them. 

Edited by WiFiDi

Para   

Makes humvess more effective they are weak at the moment. They should instill fear in the infantry.  And humvees can be destroyed with hat rounds HAT kit easily.

AC 337   
2 hours ago, Roo5ter said:

Mk19 variants do not have less protection, the simple fact is this picture is a light skinned variant where the hmmwvs in game are uparmored and designed to be more resistant and offer more protection to occupants and gunner.  The Mk19 can and is mounted in the same manner as the 50 cal.  The gun mounts have interoperability between the M2 and Mk19, therefore any vehicle is designed to carry both, they do not swap the entire vehicle out if they need a different type of HMG/GMG.  There are two lengths of belts you will find for the Mk19, 32 and 48 round.  The HEDP is the round of choice much like the M203.  

Ideally if we see the Mk19 on a HMMWV it is later in the game's development or HE rounds are used since the HEDP would tear apart a BTR in less than 3 seconds given current survivability and damage modeling of the American HEDP 40mm rounds in game.

As a last note I would like to point out that 50 cals are pretty impossible to use in a manned turret on the move.  The gun and shield are mounted together on one horizontal swivel point and the gun alone is mounted with one vertical swivel.  

Good info Roo5ter, here are a few pictures of the MATV w/ MK19 to give everyone an idea of the current level of gunner protection.

13728138275_1f3b75e7d1_b.jpg

200px-USMC-101231-M-8875C-321.jpg

If we were really going to play with fire and up the capabilities, take into mind that just like the M2, the MK19 can mount a PAS-13(Heavy) thermal sight, and the AN/PSQ-23A STORM (a combo laser-rangefinder and aiming laser). Alternatively it can also be mounted onto a CROWS :)

rms_tws_prod_hero_image.jpg

(PAS-13, heavy version is on the right)

anpsq-23.png?Width=500&Algorithm=proport

(AN/PSQ-23A STORM)

Roo5ter   
2 hours ago, Para said:

Makes humvess more effective they are weak at the moment. They should instill fear in the infantry.  And humvees can be destroyed with hat rounds HAT kit easily.

I feel like HMMWVs are quite strong, people simply are too aggressive with them.  On Al Basrah the open tops do some great work and they are the weakest of the vehicles.  The BRDM and HMMWVs should be used as mobile emplacements not armored support.  They are not designed in real life or the game to be doing frontal assaults.

Also, unsure about the complaint on the HAT kit.  Are you suggesting it should take 2 HAT rounds to kill a HMMWV?

2 hours ago, Para said:

You're doing it wrong. You need to wolfpack at least 3 of them and then roam around searching and destroying. 

in JO, Humvees (and boats) with the nade-spammer fitted (mk19) were removed from many maps due to them being way too OP and peeps taking advantage of the high rate of fire and stupendous damage they could inflict over quite an area.

Be careful what you wish for.

Para   
18 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

in JO, Humvees (and boats) with the nade-spammer fitted (mk19) were removed from many maps due to them being way too OP and peeps taking advantage of the high rate of fire and stupendous damage they could inflict over quite an area.

Be careful what you wish for.

Its realistic infantry should fear these and run and hide. With limited ammo they would work perfectly. Humvess 50 cal is pretty useless this a sigh unit on. you have to get in close to see anything then get killed by rpg ans HAT kits, turning them into essentially taxis.

SHO-SHIN   

re the current open top Humvee's, I like everything about them apart from the fact that the gunner is pretty much going to die real quick.

Obviously how they are used is important, and many simply charge in still.

17 minutes ago, Para said:

Its realistic infantry should fear these and run and hide. With limited ammo they would work perfectly. Humvess 50 cal is pretty useless this a sigh unit on. you have to get in close to see anything then get killed by rpg ans HAT kits, turning them into essentially taxis.

You keep talking about how useless they are, and here I am frequently taking out multiple vehicles and plenty of infantry with them. And I am referring to the open-top HMMWVs. The CROWS is a murder machine.

TinyTimm   
10 hours ago, Tartantyco said:

You keep talking about how useless they are, and here I am frequently taking out multiple vehicles and plenty of infantry with them. And I am referring to the open-top HMMWVs. The CROWS is a murder machine.

Oh God. FEAR THE CROWS. That thing's crazy good. 

The open tops are scary too. I mean, it's a .50 cal for goodness sake. That said, I've made a habit out of sniping the gunners out when they get in too close (and for bad teams? They always get in too close). Proper use = super deadly. Absolutely.

I'm very tempted to try the "wolf pack" tactic mentioned earlier. A BTR would get wrecked by a well-coordinated attack involving two or three.

Edited by TinyTimm

Dubs   
2 hours ago, TinyTimm said:

Oh God. FEAR THE CROWS. That thing's crazy good. 

The open tops are scary too. I mean, it's a .50 cal for goodness sake. That said, I've made a habit out of sniping the gunners out when they get in too close (and for bad teams? They always get in too close). Proper use = super deadly. Absolutely.

I'm very tempted to try the "wolf pack" tactic mentioned earlier. A BTR would get wrecked by a well-coordinated attack involving two or three.

Moving in a "wolf pack" and co-ordinating movement and fire is great with open tops. Add in one or two LAT's inside the Humvees and you're very deadly. This video show cases it perfectly.

On 15/06/2017 at 2:37 AM, Para said:

Its realistic infantry should fear these and run and hide.

Fear and run away, yes. be wiped by AoE spam? i don't think so.

On 15/06/2017 at 2:37 AM, Para said:

With limited ammo they would work perfectly.

You would have to limit them to literally a handful of rounds.

Of course if the gunner is exposed, then maybe 'who cares', as they could be picked off relatively easily.

Skul   
On 13/06/2017 at 2:59 PM, Para said:

I noticed in Game that not many people use the Main gun its quite difficult to use effectively due to the zoom and impossible when moving. Humvees also come with a grenade launcher on top in real life, this would reduce the accuracy needed and also make the Humvees much more effective against infantry out on the field.

top.jpg

Yeah. It would be also nice to get a CROWS grenade launcher and Stryker with a grenade launcher. Imagine what Stryker with a grenade launcher would do on Al Basrah or something 

PS If they added Stryker with a grenade launcher on board, I would definitely play Squad wearing Schwarzenegger mask.laugh1.gif

Edited by Skul

Skul   
On 13/06/2017 at 9:49 PM, Roo5ter said:

On Al Basrah the open tops do some great work and they are the weakest of the vehicles.

Nah, on Al Basrah all you can do is destroy techies with it, at best. With a Stryker or CROWS you can take out half of the team.

The BRDM and HMMWVs should be used as mobile emplacements not armored support.

That is exactly how they should be used. BRDM is a tank of Militia:

Which can destroy enemy BTRs, Strykers and kill pretty much anything on the map.

.50 cal on HMMWVs is very good at destroying enemy vehicles. It takes only 40 hits to destroy a BTR.

They are not designed in real life or the game to be doing frontal assaults.

Doesn't matter at all how they are designed in real life. And how do you mean frontal assaults? You mean like going inside a flag, so there are enemies all around you or something? That's not how you play vehicles, not in any game AFAIK. In Squad you play vehicles like this: you go to some good spot with good visibility, you zoom in, you shoot and kill.

Peerun   
13 hours ago, Skul said:

Nah, on Al Basrah all you can do is destroy techies with it, at best. With a Stryker or CROWS you can take out half of the team.

Nah, on Basrah you can do some serious damage with a techie.

Skul   
10 hours ago, Peerun said:

Nah, on Basrah you can do some serious damage with a techie.

Video proving your point? I didn't think solaugh3.gif