Sign in to follow this  
Linith

Squad launcher not working

Linith   

Whenever i try to launch squad using the steam launcher, the loading screen appears and after it is finished loading nothing else happens. If i check in my task manager it says squad is running and is only taking up .5 mb of memory. I have allowed squad through my windows firewall and have attempted to launch the game using the squad.exe in the steam folder but when i use that and easy anti cheat error appears saying "EasyAntiCheat Error: Failed to create IGameClient instance! Check that the game was run from the correct launcher. Online play may not be available". If i start squad this way i am allowed to use the firing range but not allowed to join any multiplayer matches due to the anticheat not starting.

System Specs:

Version: 1607

OS Build: 14393.1198

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00 GHz 4.00

Installed RAM: 16 GB (15.9 Usable)

System Type: 64-bit operating system, 64x-based processor

I also own For Honor which is another game that uses the EasyAntiCheat.

Edited by Linith
Forgot to add that i own a game that has easyanticheat

Linith   

ive had it for a while, just never tried to fix it until now. I just hope that this will be fixed before the next major update.

knubbe   

Hi,

If you start the game from Steam, and then kill the Squad.exe process from task manager once it starts to that 0.5MB memory usage in Task Manager, do you get any error message?

Xiio0   

For me the same. I cant start the game anymore. The loading screen appears and after it is finished loading nothing else happens ... I tried every tip i could find, but nothing works for me. Same problem after the Hotfix today.

Pretty annoying :(

knubbe   

Could you add me in Steam Friends (https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999579793)? Let's get it fixed asap. Thanks!

4 hours ago, knubbe said:

Could you add me in Steam Friends (https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999579793)? Let's get it fixed asap. Thanks!

I've already added you few days ago, and you still haven't added me back. Still need help :/ (Steam name: DefNotJake) 

6 hours ago, knubbe said:

Hi,

If you start the game from Steam, and then kill the Squad.exe process from task manager once it starts to that 0.5MB memory usage in Task Manager, do you get any error message?

I don't get any error message when i kill squad.exe after EAC launch and i have the exact same problem here. You can add me too if you think you can help : Worst Noob EVER

knubbe   

We found an incompatibility issue with EAC and Avira. An update fix has been deployed to live now. Could you see if you're able to start the game now normally from Steam? @DefNotJake @WorstNoobEver

Thank you very much @Xiio0 for the time and help in debugging this issue! :)

59 minutes ago, knubbe said:

We found an incompatibility issue with EAC and Avira. An update fix has been deployed to live now. Could you see if you're able to start the game now normally from Steam? @DefNotJake @WorstNoobEver

Thank you very much @Xiio0 for the time and help in debugging this issue! :)

Yes it works now ! Thank you.

But it's weird i don't have Avira :S whatever, it works now. Thanks again

17 minutes ago, knubbe said:

Great!

Do you have any other anti-virus installed? Just to know for more information, thanks!

Thank you, it has been fixed! 

Hello,
I have the same issue and I have no antivirus installed.
The game loads 500kb and then it gets Suspended.
I tried to delete all squad folders and reinstall it again but it haven't found a solution so far.
Can you help me @knubbe?