Mad Ani

More information for Server Admins?

Hey all,

Since the introduction of new weapons such as Mortars, AT Mines and IED's I was just wondering if it would be possible for server admins to have further information when it comes to Team Killers?

We get the white notification top left to show somebody has team killed, would it be possible to show us which weapon was used? I think it would help massively to quickly see if something might have been an accident.

SprayNpray (Primary) [Teamkill] UnluckySOB1

SprayNpray (Primary) [Teamkill] UnluckySOB2

SprayNpray (Primary) [Teamkill] UnluckySOB3

(We don't need a list of weapons for each faction, just show if it was the primary or secondary weapon used)

-----------------------------------------------------

ShrekFarFarAway (Mortar) [Teamkill] UnluckySOB1

ShrekFarFarAway (Mortar) [Teamkill] UnluckySOB2

ShrekFarFarAway (Mortar) [Teamkill] UnluckySOB3

BlindMan (Grenade) [Teamkill] UnluckySOB1

BlindMan (Grenade) [Teamkill] UnluckySOB2

BlindMan (Grenade) [Suicide]

New2Game (AT Mine) [Teamkill] UnluckySOB1

New2Game (AT Mine) [Teamkill] UnluckySOB2

New2Game (AT Mine) [Teamkill] UnluckySOB3

New2Game (AT Mine) [Teamkill] UnluckySOB4

+1 to this. It would help server admins a lot and it shouldn't be too hard to implement. :)

+1 absolutely. It's become so challenging to properly ban someone now bc of ied and mortars. It causes server owners to hesitate in a time where they need to act quick. I'm sure this won't be a priority (understandably) but it would be nice if we figured out some options on this.

Good suggestion.  Any additional admin tools welcome.

None of this would be needed if my idea was implemented.

1. You TK one person whether accidental or intentional and your screen goes red and 3D without the glasses like the normal bleeding out vision so you need to bandage up and seek a medic.

2. You TK 2-3 people at once and you go down and have to revived by a medic. This is your time out period.

3. You TK more than 3 people the game itself simply just auto kicks you out and gives you a warning message. You can come back in a few minutes to the same server however.

Regardless of whether the TK's were intentional or not we've all had accidents or simply been careless and this system would punish everyone equally and stop the mindless TK orgies at main.

20 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

None of this would be needed if my idea was implemented.

1. You TK one person whether accidental or intentional and your screen goes red and 3D without the glasses like the normal bleeding out vision so you need to bandage up and seek a medic.

2. You TK 2-3 people at once and you go down and have to revived by a medic. This is your time out period.

3. You TK more than 3 people the game itself simply just auto kicks you out and gives you a warning message. You can come back in a few minutes to the same server however.

Regardless of whether the TK's were intentional or not we've all had accidents or simply been careless and this system would punish everyone equally and stop the mindless TK orgies at main.

That cannot apply to the game.

A friendly accidental mortar can kill more than 3 and a friendly AT mine placed 30 minutes ago and a truck full of friendlies go over it, that's not the guys fault for putting the mine down ages ago. It's the driver's fault.

1 minute ago, Mad Ani said:

That cannot apply to the game.

A friendly accidental mortar can kill more than 3 and a friendly AT mine placed 30 minutes ago and a truck full of friendlies go over it, that's not the guys fault for putting the mine down ages ago. It's the driver's fault.

An accidental mortar is a careless mortar where you're just guessing and don't have a spotter with eyes on the target in my experience. Unlike the rocket technical the mortars are very precise.

On the other hand, there has already been talk of scripting it so the driver gets punished for running over a friendly mine.

In both cases neither example negates my idea. I still think it's a valid solution as opposed to the singular ramification of the current micro text message which does nothing besides alert an admin if he/she happens to be looking.

13 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

An accidental mortar is a careless mortar where you're just guessing and don't have a spotter with eyes on the target in my experience. Unlike the rocket technical the mortars are very precise.

On the other hand, there has already been talk of scripting it so the driver gets punished for running over a friendly mine.

In both cases neither example negates my idea. I still think it's a valid solution as opposed to the singular ramification of the current micro text message which does nothing besides alert an admin if he/she happens to be looking.

I like the idea as an option.  Some servers it would be more appropriate for than others.

10 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

That's way too aggressive imo and will discourage new people. Accidents happen. You mean to say you've never accidentally TK'd? Active admins can determine the cause and consequence. No need to punish for every single accident. The intentional TK'ers will get their comeuppance.

7 hours ago, Mad Ani said:

You mean to say you've never accidentally TK'd? 

Go back up a few posts. Here's what I said:

"Regardless of whether the TK's were intentional or not we've all had accidents or simply been careless and this system would punish everyone equally and stop the mindless TK orgies at main."

16 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Go back up a few posts. Here's what I said:

"Regardless of whether the TK's were intentional or not we've all had accidents or simply been careless and this system would punish everyone equally and stop the mindless TK orgies at main."

But that's the point, it's not just for the mindless TKing at main... it will also punish a scout that placed an IED ages ago and some friendly truck driver goes over it and it TK's about 6 guys. I just think your suggestion is way too strict/aggressive and will punish those that don't deserve it. There needs to be some leniency and judgement from the admins. Not just blanket ban everyone.