Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DefNotJake

Can't start the game - Tried everything

Recommended Posts

I can't get the game started, I've tried every method I could fine to fix this issue. I've uninstalled the game, reinstalled it. Didn't work. I've deleted the EAC file, verified the files, and did the setup process. Didn't work. I've whitelisted Squad in my antivirus, didn't work. I turned off my firewall, didn't work. I've tried all day getting it to work, so I'm going to bed and going to hope there is a suggestion on here that can fix it when I get up in the morning. 

 

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Going to need more details about your system and OS.

GTX 1070

I5-6500

Windows 10 (I haven't installed the recent creators update yet) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smee   

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Squad\Saved\Logs

 

delete all in there its an hidden folder.  then try and start squad, it will create a log and your see what your error is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smee said:

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Squad\Saved\Logs

 

delete all in there its an hidden folder.  then try and start squad, it will create a log and your see what your error is. 

I deleted that file already, can't seem to find it again for some reason. Also, I apparently can start the game if I click the exe file. I just can't start it through steam for some reason. (If I start the game with the exe file, it still shows up me playing it in steam) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smee   

sounds like a steam issue, steam is basicly just a browser with shortcuts. Created a desktop start up from steam.  Also try reinstalling  your steam. (without deleting you games)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Smee said:

sounds like a steam issue, steam is basicly just a browser with shortcuts. Created a desktop start up from steam.  Also try reinstalling  your steam. (without deleting you games)

This does did not fix my issue. I should tell you that the Squad logo pops up and has the brief loading, but then goes away. I should also tell you I've found my appdata folder for squad, and deleted it. Where is the "log" supposed to be?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smee   

logs are in the appdata, if you deleted it  you need to verify the files. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DefNotJake said:

I can't get the game started, I've tried every method I could fine to fix this issue. I've uninstalled the game, reinstalled it. Didn't work. I've deleted the EAC file, verified the files, and did the setup process. Didn't work. I've whitelisted Squad in my antivirus, didn't work. I turned off my firewall, didn't work. I've tried all day getting it to work, so I'm going to bed and going to hope there is a suggestion on here that can fix it when I get up in the morning. 

 

Thanks. 

I've reinstalled both steam and squad, still doesn't work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Smee said:

logs are in the appdata, if you deleted it  you need to verify the files. 

I deleted the file like you asked, tried finding the log, couldn't find it. So I verified the files, still can't find the logs. 

Edited by DefNotJake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smee   

Log files are created once you start the game. That would give an indication on to why your game is crashing.  start the game from the exe. Your not using any command line additions. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skul   
On 10/06/2017 at 2:14 AM, Guan_Yu007 said:

Going to need more details about your system and OS.

On 10/06/2017 at 2:17 AM, DefNotJake said:

GTX 1070

I5-6500

Windows 10 (I haven't installed the recent creators update yet) 

That's not what he meant.

He meant something like this:

DRM32Uh.gif

 

On 10/06/2017 at 4:27 AM, DefNotJake said:

I deleted that file already, can't seem to find it again for some reason. Also, I apparently can start the game if I click the exe file. I just can't start it through steam for some reason. (If I start the game with the exe file, it still shows up me playing it in steam) 

Yesterday I started having this problem too. Yesterday I also reinstalled a bunch of Visual C++ Redistributables, so this problem could be related to a wrong version of some Visual C++ Redist...

 

As a temporal fix you can create .bat file:

taskkill /f /im EasyAntiCheat.exe
taskkill /f /im squad.exe 
taskkill /f /im squad_launcher.exe
taskkill /f /im steamwebhelper.exe
taskkill /f /im steamerrorreporter.exe

setlocal
for /f "tokens=2 delims=," %%I in (
    'wmic process where "name='steam.exe'" get ExecutablePath^,Handle /format:csv ^| find /i "steam.exe"'
) do set "steamexepath=%%~I"

taskkill /f /im "steam.exe" 
:loop
tasklist /FI "steam.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "steam.exe">NUL
if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto loop


start "" %steamexepath%

To kill Squad together with Steam, then restart Steam. That's how I fixed it for myself, anyway.

Edited by Skul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Skul said:

That's not what he meant.

He meant something like this:

DRM32Uh.gif

 

Yesterday I started having this problem too. Yesterday I also reinstalled a bunch of Visual C++ Redistributables, so this problem could be related to a wrong version of some Visual C++ Redist...

 

As a temporal fix you can create .bat file:

taskkill /f /im EasyAntiCheat.exe
taskkill /f /im squad.exe 
taskkill /f /im squad_launcher.exe
taskkill /f /im steamwebhelper.exe
taskkill /f /im steamerrorreporter.exe

setlocal
for /f "tokens=2 delims=," %%I in (
    'wmic process where "name='steam.exe'" get ExecutablePath^,Handle /format:csv ^| find /i "steam.exe"'
) do set "steamexepath=%%~I"

taskkill /f /im "steam.exe" 
:loop
tasklist /FI "steam.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "steam.exe">NUL
if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto loop


start "" %steamexepath%

To kill Squad together with Steam, then restart Steam. That's how I fixed it for myself, anyway.

Thanks, but where do I place the .bat file in the Squad folder??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skul   

You can place it anywhere you want on your PC. I placed it in some place on my PC and added shortcuts to a Quick Launch bar(yes, it does still exist in Windows 10) and to Classic Shell Start Menu, so I can start by just opening Start menu and typing KillS.bat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Skul said:

You can place it anywhere you want on your PC. I placed it in some place on my PC and added shortcuts to a Quick Launch bar(yes, it does still exist in Windows 10) and to Classic Shell Start Menu, so I can start by just opening Start menu and typing KillS.bat.

I'm confused. Do I start the game by starting the newly made .bat file, or do I open the .bat file before attempting to start Squad, therefore allowing me to play the game? Because neither is working. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skul   
1 hour ago, DefNotJake said:

I'm confused. Do I start the game by starting the newly made .bat file, or do I open the .bat file before attempting to start Squad, therefore allowing me to play the game? Because neither is working. 

You said you can start the game by opening Squad.exe itself instead of through Steam and that it shows you that Squad is running even when it isn't:

On 10/06/2017 at 4:27 AM, DefNotJake said:

I deleted that file already, can't seem to find it again for some reason. Also, I apparently can start the game if I click the exe file. I just can't start it through steam for some reason. (If I start the game with the exe file, it still shows up me playing it in steam) 

dfhXx79.png

 

I have this problem myself. In order to fix this, you want to close all .exe files running(EasyAntiCheat.exe, squad.exe, squad_launcher.exe, steamwebhelper.exe, steamwebhelper.exe, steamerrorreporter.exe, steam.exe) and then just start your game. You can do it by hand or by using this .bat file. Here's how it looks like for me:

qX6GaYV.gif

 

All this batch file does is it just kills all processes and restarts Steam for you. It is just faster than to do it by hand. If you can't start Squad even after killing all processes, then you have some other problem.

Edited by Skul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Skul said:

You said you can start the game by opening Squad.exe itself instead of through Steam and that it shows you that Squad is running even when it isn't:

dfhXx79.png

 

I have this problem myself. In order to fix this, you want to close all .exe files running(EasyAntiCheat.exe, squad.exe, squad_launcher.exe, steamwebhelper.exe, steamwebhelper.exe, steamerrorreporter.exe, steam.exe) and then just start your game. You can do it by hand or by using this .bat file. Here's how it looks like for me:

qX6GaYV.gif

 

All this batch file does is it just kills all processes and restarts Steam for you. It is just faster than to do it by hand. If you can't start Squad even after killing all processes, then you have some other problem.

This still doesn't work for me :( Doe's the same thing as usual, where is shows the launcher loading, then goes away and never launches. I guess redist has something to do with this, but I don't see how, because I can still start the game when starting it from the .exe file. I can play the game that way, but I can't get into servers because it says anticheat is disabled. 

Edited by DefNotJake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×