BuLL

Ak Weapon Preview. (Marmoset Renders)

Hey, good texturing.

What polycount is for weapons in squad?

That`s one for ZTrooper.I just colour them in m8.

Anywhere from 5-15k triangles (before attachments) depending on weapon and config.

That is for lod0. Lods will be heavily scaled back at distance.

I love these little updates that the devs are showing us (AK's, train model, mapping progress). I need more of those! Is there a thread similar to the community WIP, but then for the devs?

Is there a thread similar to the community WIP, but then for the devs?

No, i think there should be though.

Anywhere from 5-15k triangles (before attachments) depending on weapon and config.

15 thousands is good but isn't much in modern days, especially when weapons are two sided. 

I'am currently working under some models for wargaming and they have 50K (top) per each tank, and i may say for some tanks 50K is also not too much.

We also have some projects in our studio where 50K is a polycount for one character.

How hard is for you to hit this polycount?

That is for lod0. Lods will be heavily scaled back at distance.

Oh god i recently was making lods and crash models for tanks for six weeks and I still look at the world with empty eyes :D

15 thousands is good but isn't much in modern days, especially when weapons are two sided.

I'am currently working under some models for wargaming and they have 50K (top) per each tank, and i may say for some tanks 50K is also not too much.

We also have some projects in our studio where 50K is a polycount for one character.

How hard is for you to hit this polycount?

Oh god i recently was making lods and crash models for tanks for six weeks and I still look at the world with empty eyes :D

Everything looks pretty darn good considering...

Vehicles and characters are well above 15K I was simply talking about weapons since that is what you were asking about ;)

Well i hope you understand me right, by "not much" i dont mean "not enough" )

How hard is for you to hit this polycount?

And here i mean weapons.

Everything looks pretty darn good considering... 

Do you mean Squad or WoT ot both?

It's called "photogrammetry". Photos of a real object from multiple angles and then in software you can stich them all up and put them ingame even tho it wont look 100% real it's as close it can be.

It's the same gun already in game??

It`s is indeed.

It's called "photogrammetry". Photos of a real object from multiple angles and then in software you can stich them all up and put them ingame even tho it wont look 100% real it's as close it can be.

I don`t employ that method.

Lol, but I guess it's a big compliment for ya BuLL :P

It is I suppose.Just letting the chap know that I don`t use photogrammetry or whatever it`s called.Just photoshop.