Sign in to follow this  
Socrates

Road Blocking

What are your thoughts on this? Especially in Al Basrah?

What are the developers' opinion about this?

Could you expand a little? What is road blocking? 

1 hour ago, Socrates said:

What are your thoughts on this? Especially in Al Basrah?

What are the developers' opinion about this?

My feeling is anything you can think of doing in the game that the game permits you to do is valid gameplay. 

Posted (edited)

Parking vehicles on the bridges which connect INS main to the rest of the map and destroying them, leaving behind immovable wrecks. Makes it impossible to get vehicles out of INS main. 

I personally think it's a scummy thing to do because there is no way to counteract it besides putting a squad on 24/7 guard duty. If I was in charge of a server I would make it a bannable offense since it is WAAAAY worse an exploit than the water glitch from a little while ago and ruins the game. I can't wait until we get a breacher class with demolition charges so that we can hopefully destroy the wreckages. 

EDIT: I think it is only an issue on the Al Basrah Insurgent main bridges. Every other map and scenario I think it's an interesting tactic and should be allowed. Still doesn't change my mind on wanting a way to destroy the wrecks.

Edited by Flat896

I find it really helpful when playing as a scout on Al Basrah. Basically, I mine all the bridges I can that connects their main to the map itself (because they have to cross a river) and the more vehicles destroyed the more bridges are blocked and the more restrictive they are on entry ways. Makes my job easy after blocking two out of three main bridges, and IED's make a nasty surprise when people go to dig up the mines if they're actively checking.

I think it should be left in the game but be able to be dug up just like anything else in the game. Valid tactic IMO.

27 minutes ago, Flat896 said:

Parking vehicles on the bridges which connect INS main to the rest of the map and destroying them, leaving behind immovable wrecks. Makes it impossible to get vehicles out of INS main. 

I personally think it's a scummy thing to do because there is no way to counteract it besides putting a squad on 24/7 guard duty. If I was in charge of a server I would make it a bannable offense since it is WAAAAY worse an exploit than the water glitch from a little while ago and ruins the game. I can't wait until we get a breacher class with demolition charges so that we can hopefully destroy the wreckages. 

EDIT: I think it is only an issue on the Al Basrah Insurgent main bridges. Every other map and scenario I think it's an interesting tactic and should be allowed. Still doesn't change my mind on wanting a way to destroy the wrecks.

How is the Americans blocking the 3 bridges around INS main any different than the Insurgents placing mines on the bridges adjacent to US main and blocking those off? Granted there are considerably more bridges however blocking the main ones causes a cascading effect that a scout with an ammo crate can take advantage of. Also the three US transport trucks cost 18 tickets.

The problem is you can't dig the wreaks up. Purposely blowing up your own vehicles to block bridges is exploiting in my opinion at least with the fact that you can't remove them. In PR you could blow up bridges but logis had deployable bridges to get over the broken sections.

2 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

How is the Americans blocking the 3 bridges around INS main any different than the Insurgents placing mines on the bridges adjacent to US main and blocking those off? Granted there are considerably more bridges however blocking the main ones causes a cascading effect that a scout with an ammo crate can take advantage of. Also the three US transport trucks cost 18 tickets.

I would personally consider it different for a couple of different reasons.

1: As you stated there are may more paths that American vehicles can take in order to get to the city unharmed. 12 routes is way more difficult to block then 3. Even if the scouts use all of their mines, it still takes 4 scouts working together to block every route. If Insurgents tried to use their own vehicles, it would take at least 36 tickets to complete the job using techies valued at 3 each.

2: Mines and IEDs can be removed from bridges and landbridges. If a Stryker crew gets lazy and blindly crosses, that's on them.

3: Even if all routes are blocked off, it is still possible for the US infantry to get to the city without vehicles, although it would take awhile. With 12 different routes (and all spread very far from eachother, it is very difficult for the Insurgents to cover every single one and at least some US infantry will be able to get through. 

Insurgents, on the other hand, rely heavily on the vehicles to cross because the bridges are long and there is absolutely no cover the entire way. If the US has a Stryker or marksmen watching the bridges, it's almost impossible for Insurgents to successfully cross any bridge. Combine that with the bridges being within close proximity to each other, INS main is very easy to lock down with even a single US squad.

It's  like most things a tactic,  I prefer the idea of using vehicles as cover and road blocks. Insurgency at present have the cheapest cost at 3tkts. Better to lose a vehicle  in a place that can help, than nowhere useful. For people lose assets without thought.

The real problem are deaf-blind think-in-the-box type of admins on some specific servers that forbid for example if you setup on one of the bridges on Al Basrah. Or if you try to ambush the enemy strykers with spg-9 technical and succeed and then accuse you of ''camping'' (whatever that means in a tactical game) main base. Some of them even ban people because of that. Pure cancer.

It's the type of thing that is definitely unreasonable to do, but you can't punish or blame people for doing it, except if server admins make it an explicit rule. It's a game play issue that needs to be addressed by the devs.

Overall though it's very realistic if think about it though. The only thing that's going to move a burned up duece and a half parked sideways on a bridge is a tank or tracked recovery vehicle none of which the Insurgents have.

isnt basrah getting an expansion to fix this problem. if that is the case then problem solved and move on i understand that squad is a game but this is warfare and its always going to be unfair. if a us squadlead is blocking a bridge right outside of ins main then good on them for having the balls to get through the entire ins team and set that up. if the us forces beat the ins to the bridges out of their main at the start then at that point it your fault and not the us because you're taking to long to get out of your main and be ready for any us attack.

11 hours ago, Flat896 said:

Yeah, that's a problem of a map design, not of road blocking.

But yeah, it would be also nice if you could dug up destroyed vehicles with a shovel, as well as trees..

Al Basrah is receiving an update that will change where the Insurgent main is.

De-Spawn vehicle wrecks after a short period of time.

or this >

18 hours ago, _randombullet said:

I think it should be left in the game but be able to be dug up just like anything else in the game. Valid tactic IMO.

8 hours ago, SgtRoss said:

Al Basrah is receiving an update that will change where the Insurgent main is.

Thanks for the update. Keep up the great work.

Currently, it's a valid tactic but a cheap one IMO. I like that wrecks are persistent, in that you could use them for cover or as roadblocks in urban areas. It'd be great if you could move them within realistic parameters, shoving or dragging a dead techie with a Stryker or logi truck for example. Then you could use found wrecks in all sorts of ways.

On 6/7/2017 at 5:24 PM, LaughingJack said:

De-Spawn vehicle wrecks after a short period of time.

or this >

Digging up wrecks is on our task list.

4 hours ago, SgtRoss said:

A dream come true :D

On 09.06.2017 at 9:31 PM, SgtRoss said:

would we get some loot from dis shit boss?

On 2017-6-9 at 7:31 PM, SgtRoss said:

this is great news, they should take a bit of digging of course.