Maamyyra

Militia - 2 AT mines instead of 1 IED + 1 Mine.

Maamyyra   

The title says it all. It would fit the faction much better than IED's (not saying they don't use them). 

And maybe increase the amount of active mines to 4, but leave INS at 3 (they still have those IED's)

+ Fingers crossed for AP-mines.

I could totally see this happening with Core Inventory and the limited kit customization. Where you can choose the make up of your explosives; 2 IEDs, 1 IED / 1 Mine, or 2 Mines. 

Something like that would be pretty interesting. 

desen   

i dont like the idea

mines are strong as hell, got so many kills with them, its crazy.

including  (from the enemy team in the chat reported) full squad kills.

mines are very hard to detect, especialy when it comes to heavy clashes.

plus there are always 3-4 scouts  on the map, which all could place 3 mines at least.

that is a huge amount of deathtraps for enemy vehicles.

on small maps like sumari oder logar valley there is always literally a mine spamming that makes it sometimes pointless to drive out of the us base without some guys clearing the road in front of you.

and i am a 24/7 insurgents/militia scout fanboy who loves to place mines, if i could i would never stop playing scout. xD

on the other hand, in many cases the ied needs more effort and makes it more dangerous to use and you can use it for different purposes and enemy infantery.

you can protect your radio with it, you can put it on bikes, you can kill enemys behind walls with the ied, you could set up traps with unburied baiting mines  and a  iead nearby, you can place a ied in a building and respawn as fast as you can in the main base and blow the enemys up after they overrun your position.

in other words :

dont take the ied away from the scout, its fine as it is 

Edited by desen

Maamyyra   

Yes they are powerful, and they should be. This suggestion would only make Militia scouts more "army" styled than INS scouts are.

2nd. It will only speed up the time how fast you can deploy mines when you have 2 instead of 1 (Total 4). Not only it fits the faction more and is also more realistic.

You may not realize how many mines troops IRL deploy on the ground to block/slow down the enemy paths. No this game ain't RL, but it doesn't mean that we cannot use realistic amount of explosives either.

Edited by Maamyyra

suds   

balance is good as is. 2 good scouts with supplies can restrict movement of vehicles significantly already. In many cases there are 4 or 5 scouts.

never AP mines please, unless they are player triggered like the IED.

Enjoyment ruiners.

Edited by suds