Sign in to follow this  
L3374_P3374

[Solved] Server list only repopulates after reboot

I've seen some similar threads to my issue, but I haven't seen this particular issue or a resolution to it.  I'm able to get a server list most of the time, but I often have to reboot because I'm not getting any servers in my server list.  After rebooting, I'm able to see servers show up in my list.  I don't have any filters set in the game.  I don't have any anti-virus, don't have a firewall program, windows firewall is disabled, I don't have a router, I'm running straight through to the modem.  I have an Asus motherboard not a MSI.  I've seen in similar threads people are suggesting opening up certain ports.  I'm not dealing with a router issue though because I'm not using one.  The modem should be open on all ports, and as I've said, it works fine after a reboot.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On 04/06/2017 at 9:20 PM, L3374_P3374 said:

but I often have to reboot because I'm not getting any servers in my server list.  After rebooting, I'm able to see servers show up in my list.

Does rebooting help you a 100% of the time? Or sometimes you have to reboot twice or more?

Server list doesn't want to update only after you launch Squad or it can be the way that you launch your Squad, play on one server, then open a server browser while you're still on the server and it would not update? When do you see your problem exist and doesn't exist?

On 04/06/2017 at 9:20 PM, L3374_P3374 said:

I'm running straight through to the modem.

What's the model? How's your connection set up? VPN? DHCP? Manual config? Any additional settings on your modem?

Describe your network set up as detailed as possible.

Well after a while that problem went away.  Now I always get a server list, and for a while it was working perfectly.    The problem I was having before was on a comcast modem under my roomates name, and it started working again on his modem.  He moved out and now it's a new modem, and I pay for the internet.  When I got the new modem, it was working fine until more recently.  Now, I always get a list, but most of the servers are missing from the list.  Also pings are often very high 300-500 pings.  I don't have any filters on.  My friend sees servers, Squad Ops, Candy Van, and others which I have not seen for 2 weeks.  My xfinity modem is an ARRIS TG1682G.  I normally use that with a 100' Ethernet straight to my tower.  I tried using a wireless adapter and 2 more servers showed up but still missing Squad Ops.  The modem is default settings, DHCP.  No VPN. No manual config.  I have tried resetting the modem and rebooting PC to no avail.

Edited by L3374_P3374

Hello and welcome to Squad @L3374_P3374,

try this:
in Steam -> Settings -> In Game options there is a dropdown box for "In-Game Server browser: Max Pings/minute".

Set that to 500.

6G3gcXw.png

report back if it helped