tatzhit   
On 7/18/2017 at 0:48 AM, _randombullet said:

Try it against Mumblerines and repost back here. You have no idea lol. These are some of the top teams from Squad showing what you can do with mortars.

Watched that. Mortars were being expertly employed and the map was ideal for them (entirely within mortar range, limited avenues of approach, small objective zones, easy to funnel enemies). Still failed to do very much. Killed a few people and slowed down some pushes, but three extra fighters in objective zone would have probably been more effective. Mumblerines lost both rounds. Just goes to show that even under the most ideal conditions with the most experienced users, mortars are marginally useful at best.

Edited by tatzhit

Para   
On 19/07/2017 at 9:15 AM, Peerun said:

Skul just doesn't know what he's saying. If a team was made up of only good players which all had 30 kills each that would be 1200 kills. Usually there's only about 500 tickets. Then you count in ticket bleed, lost assets and you can clearly see that there is a very limited number of kills to go around.
And I am not even going to mention the fact that if you have 2 squads of good players fighting each other the result will be very similar to 2 squads of average players fighting each other, so a player will only appear good, if he is put against an average player. Just like a nail will feel sharp only if you prick your finger on it, instead of a hammer.

Kills dont mean anything in this game and they never will. supporting the team is more important.

16 hours ago, Para said:

Kills dont mean anything in this game and they never will. supporting the team is more important.

Kills mean a lot in this game. Not only do they cost the enemy tickets, they also take players out of the match for 30+ seconds, and affect map control. If doesn't matter how tacticool you are, if all your guys on the flag are dead, you can't contest that flag any more. Kills are battles won, and battles won result in flags taken.

tatzhit   
On 8/13/2017 at 0:57 PM, Axel said:

Yes they do. Something is just wrong with them, i saw multiple times when mortar rounds landed next to people doing no damage.

Well at least the mortar spam is dying down, I think people caught on to the fact that those things are largely useless unless you need to shell an enemy FOB/HAB in the open that you can't take down in another way and you have someone correcting your fire (in other words, a rare case). Mortars are fun but until the blast radius is improved they're very niche weapons.

I played some rounds in a mortar squad and was enogh times on the opposite site and the mortars feels quite underpowerd in terms of splash radius.

Still don't exactly know what I should think of the 3 shells mag's.

Just a Comparison to the spiritual predecessor.