When i hear the mortars start to land around me i take cover and hide and stop moving around. And from viewing other players they do the same too. So mortars do have an impact on the game. Just because mortars are not giving out huge KDs it does not mean there being effective. 

Posted (edited)

Mortars only suck when you have a full squad and a logi dedicated to screwing over your entire team by not fighting on the objective or denying your team useful fobs.
So I'm going to say, like, most of the time.

Edited by GreatDestroyerDT

4 hours ago, Skul said:

You need to go 20+ every round to justify use of these mortars. If you don't go 20+ every round, it is counter-productive.

Kills aren't everything when it comes to mortars.

You have a good mortar team and a good logistics set up, you have the ability to
- completely block off an area of approach, forcing the enemy to take another rout/approach
- Lock down HAB locations.
- Bombard cap points to force the enemy into cover, so you and your guys can move up.
- Bombard cap points if you get over run(I like to call it, to 'Broken arrow' the cap point) so you can slow down enemy reinforcement to the cap.

The correct use of mortars can easily give advantages, in both competitive matches and regular pub matches. It's a bit harder to pull off in pub matches, mainly due to the large amounts of headless chicken players scattered all over the map - But still very much achievable, especially on maps like Chora, Gorodok, Yeho and Sumari that have a lot of choke points in and around caps. Mortars provide the means for Infantry to do their work(Push and kill), use mortars in a support role, not as a role aiming to kill. Mortars aren't drones. If you're aiming to use mortars as killing machines...then you're doing it wrong.

Watch the second game, starts sometime after the 1 hour mark. |F| clan showcase perfect use of mortars through out the match, locking down caps and the Mumblerines area of approach to caps etc

In this friendly scrim, .Salt completely denied FFO a direct northern approach from Village to Storage for a loooong time, by using mortars correctly. Forced FFO to redirect to the East and West of Storage to make a push instead of pushing straight in.  Around 35:00 to about the 50:00ish minute mark. You'll see Johnny showing off the mortars strikes in a few occasions.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/147440650

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dubs said:

Kills aren't everything when it comes to mortars.

While Squad being a game which isn't only or almost only about kills, kills are still one of the most important parts of the game. If you aren't on the flag, by killing enemies in the middle of nowhere, you sometimes(usually it is often, not sometimes) doing enemy team a favor. Enemies will spawn on rally/FOB which is usually close to the flag, and if they aren't retarded, they will PTFO on the flag, when you(after killing them) will still be in the middle of nowhere. At the same time if you are on the flag indeed, but aren't killing enemies, you better start doing so or at least trying so. If you don't, then they will probably kill you and defend theirs or capture your flag(depending on the situation).

So, on mortars you aren't on the flag, so you better make tonns of kills, just like when you're on vehicles.

When you're on vehicles, you usually aren't on the flag but you're obligated to destroy enemy vehicles and tonns of infantries, if you want to consider yourself an effective vehicle guy and a teammate. And it isn't like I say it when I'm on the forums. When I play vehicles, I always ask myself these questions:

1. Do I allow enemy armor to harm friendly vehicles and infantries?

2. Do I allow enemy supply trucks and all non-offensive vehicles to move across the map without fear of being destroyed by me?

3. Do I allow enemy infantries to move around without fear of being killed by me?

4. How many enemy armored vehicles(Strykers/BTRs/Crows/Humvees) have I destroyed this round?

5. How many enemy soldiers have I killed this round?

6. How many vehicles have I lost myself during this round?

7. How many tickets I cost to enemy team?

8. Was I cost-efficient during this round(tickets of enemy vehicles destroyed + enemy soldiers killed - tickets of vehicles I have lost myself)?

9. Was I an effective teammate(and more important if I was more effective than enemy vehicles) to my team?

10. Was I a guy in my team, which made enemy team to lose most of the tickets?(when I am in an armored vehicle, I am obligated to drop the most enemy tickets, because I own the most effective tool to do so).

I don't literally ask myself these questions during rounds, it is subconsciously. But if you asked me these questions at the end of the round, I could answer you with very positive answers and results almost(99% of the time, probably) always(on public servers, with a little less productive percentage on clan wars).

How does all of these even relates to mortars? You need to make kills on the flags, or even better while enemy is trying to enter your flag. If you aren't able to make those kills, you're useless and even counter-productive in case of mortars. You could do this kills if you were in infantry. But you can't do these kills in mortars because mortars are counter-productive(as explained above).

1 hour ago, Dubs said:

- completely block off an area of approach, forcing the enemy to take another rout/approach

Nope, if enemies know how to use Sprint button.

1 hour ago, Dubs said:

1 hour ago, Dubs said:

- Bombard cap points to force the enemy into cover, so you and your guys can move up.

Nah. If you are sitting inside a cap zones with your whole team, you're doing it the wrong way. Proper way is to defend outside perimeter of the flag and never even allow enemies into this perimeter. And you can't bombard the whole perimeter with mortars. Even when you have four of them(which is a ridiculous number in matches of any size). Here:

pUrTbqw.png

It is just a concept of defending, I didn't provide real positions of FOB/HABs/anything else on the map I would use on the match.

When you're doing it the right way(I provided a flag of size below average on purpose), mortars will not be able to mortar more than 1 guy at a time. And it isn't even a specific strategy against mortars. It is just common sense and defense against enemy grenades(HE grenades, RPGs, GLs and now when they added it - mortars).

You(as an infantry player) shouldn't even be in a position where mortars can kill more than 1 at the same time(with 3 mortar shells). And if they can bombard more than 1 of soldiers at the same time, then infantries playing it the wrong way. I have been saying that since the moment I started playing this game. It is obvious that infantries should never come close to each other, unless they just have to(medics have to revive, for example. And list ends here if I remember correctly), so they don't get killed by a single grenade, RPG or a grenade by a grenadier.

Majority of players don't understand that, so very often I personally make killing sprees(5-10 kills) by killing enemies with a single grenadier grenade or BTR/Stryker sprays. Which would never happened if they just followed this discipline of not coming too close towards each other. Whenever a squad mate or a blueberry comes in my 'grenade zone'(15 meters), I always tell them to be at least 20 meters away from me, so they don't give away my position, as well as we don't get killed by a single grenade. That is pretty basic stuff which everyone should understand even before they start this game for the first time. I don't know why I have to explain this kind of basic stuff on the forums.

1 hour ago, Dubs said:

- Bombard cap points if you get over run(I like to call it, to 'Broken arrow' the cap point) so you can slow down enemy reinforcement to the cap.

Nah. Mortars are just very easy avoidable, you can usually just sprint right through them.

1 hour ago, Dubs said:

You have a good mortar team and a good logistics set up, you have the ability to

-Following your logic, if you 'block',as you say, 'area of approach', and if enemy tries to go through it, they should all, or almost all ,get killed, right? Doesn't happen in real world. People just go through it(people who understand the game and they understand that you can just go through it).

-Same with your logic about locking down HAB locations. Just spawn and sprint. Nobody or 1 guy gets incapacitated, then revived 5 secs later.

-Same here. If people don't take cover - they should get killed by mortars? Nope. Just sprint. Nobody or 1 guy gets incapacitated, then revived 5 secs later.

-Same here. When you get over run and you bombard this point, you should get a lot of kills because enemies wasn't in covers, right? Nope. Just sprint. Nobody or 1 guy gets incapacitated, then revived 5 secs later.

Where is all of these mortar kills on the scoreboard at the end of the round? I'll tell you. Nowhere. It doesn't happen like this. Doesn't work like this. You just get a screen shake, loud sound and dust. That's what your mortars do in reality. Yes, it works on retards, which are 'afraid' of being killed by mortars. But it doesn't work against anyone who has some brains inside his head(nowadays it is actually a very rare super-power - to have brains).

1 hour ago, Dubs said:

Watch the second game, starts sometime after the 1 hour mark. |F| clan showcase perfect use of mortars through out the match, locking down caps and the Mumblerines area of approach to caps etc

Doesn't really show anything. As I have said, all teams playing the wrong game at the moment. Don't justify a bad play just because it worked:

There are no teams who play proper-proper Squad, just yet. Use of mortars is a clear example of not understanding the game. Even better example of not understanding the game is not understanding what to do when you have info where enemy FOB is(by using sounds from mortars), as well as not being able to capitalize on all of that info and advantages - bigger amount of infantries on the ground, free supply truck, info about enemy FOB, HAB and mortars positions. It isn't the first time when Mumblerines are lost during their matches(I respect them as a team and they are in my list of top teams in Squad) and aren't able to capitalize on their advantages because of the lack of understanding the game. I've played against Mumbles and won against them in semi- and grand-finals of Squad Masters, so I kinda know.

There is no way mortars can be more effective than a legit effective clan infantry player, who will make ~20 legit kills.

Show me something, where mortars can be at least comparable to effectiveness of this(not saying to show me where mortars are more effective than what you see on video, just at least comparable):

I don't even play as a medic myself(literally picked a medic class after not playing it for half a year or something), so I made tonns of mistakes there and wasn't even close to effectiveness of a solid legit player, which plays medic class all the time.

Edited by Skul

4 hours ago, Skul said:

While Squad being a game which isn't only or almost only about kills, kills are still one of the most important parts of the game. If you aren't on the flag, by killing enemies in the middle of nowhere, you sometimes(usually it is often, not sometimes) doing enemy team a favor. Enemies will spawn on rally/FOB which is usually close to the flag, and if they aren't retarded, they will PTFO on the flag, when you(after killing them) will still be in the middle of nowhere. At the same time if you are on the flag indeed, but aren't killing enemies, you better start doing so or at least trying so. If you don't, then they will probably kill you and defend theirs or capture your flag(depending on the situation).

So, on mortars you aren't on the flag, so you better make tonns of kills, just like when you're on vehicles.

When you're on vehicles, you usually aren't on the flag but you're obligated to destroy enemy vehicles and tonns of infantries, if you want to consider yourself an effective vehicle guy and a teammate. And it isn't like I say it when I'm on the forums. When I play vehicles, I always ask myself these questions:

1. Do I allow enemy armor to harm friendly vehicles and infantries?

2. Do I allow enemy supply trucks and all non-offensive vehicles to move across the map without fear of being destroyed by me?

3. Do I allow enemy infantries to move around without fear of being killed by me?

4. How many enemy armored vehicles(Strykers/BTRs/Crows/Humvees) have I destroyed this round?

5. How many enemy soldiers have I killed this round?

6. How many vehicles have I lost myself during this round?

7. How many tickets I cost to enemy team?

8. Was I cost-efficient during this round(tickets of enemy vehicles destroyed + enemy soldiers killed - tickets of vehicles I have lost myself)?

9. Was I an effective teammate(and more important if I was more effective than enemy vehicles) to my team?

10. Was I a guy in my team, which made enemy team to lose most of the tickets?(when I am in an armored vehicle, I am obligated to drop the most enemy tickets, because I own the most effective tool to do so).

I don't literally ask myself these questions during rounds, it is subconsciously. But if you asked me these questions at the end of the round, I could answer you with very positive answers and results almost(99% of the time, probably) always(on public servers, with a little less productive percentage on clan wars).

How does all of these even relates to mortars? You need to make kills on the flags, or even better while enemy is trying to enter your flag. If you aren't able to make those kills, you're useless and even counter-productive in case of mortars. You could do this kills if you were in infantry. But you can't do these kills in mortars because mortars are counter-productive(as explained above).

Nah. If you are sitting inside a cap zones with your whole team, you're doing it the wrong way. Proper way is to defend outside perimeter of the flag and never even allow enemies into this perimeter. And you can't bombard the whole perimeter with mortars. Even when you have four of them(which is a ridiculous number in matches of any size). Here:

pUrTbqw.png

It is just a concept of defending, I didn't provide real positions of FOB/HABs/anything else on the map I would use on the match.

When you're doing it the right way(I provided a flag of size below average on purpose), mortars will not be able to mortar more than 1 guy at a time. And it isn't even a specific strategy against mortars. It is just common sense and defense against enemy grenades(HE grenades, RPGs, GLs and now when they added it - mortars).

You(as an infantry player) shouldn't even be in a position where mortars can kill more than 1 at the same time(with 3 mortar shells). And if they can bombard more than 1 of soldiers at the same time, then infantries playing it the wrong way. I have been saying that since the moment I started playing this game. It is obvious that infantries should never come close to each other, unless they just have to(medics have to revive, for example. And list ends here if I remember correctly), so they don't get killed by a single grenade, RPG or a grenade by a grenadier.

Majority of players don't understand that, so very often I personally make killing sprees(5-10 kills) by killing enemies with a single grenadier grenade or BTR/Stryker sprays. Which would never happened if they just followed this discipline of not coming too close towards each other. Whenever a squad mate or a blueberry comes in my 'grenade zone'(15 meters), I always tell them to be at least 20 meters away from me, so they don't give away my position, as well as we don't get killed by a single grenade. That is pretty basic stuff which everyone should understand even before they start this game for the first time. I don't know why I have to explain this kind of basic stuff on the forums.

Nah. Mortars are just very easy avoidable, you can usually just sprint right through them.

-Following your logic, if you 'block',as you say, 'area of approach', and if enemy tries to go through it, they should all, or almost all ,get killed, right? Doesn't happen in real world. People just go through it(people who understand the game and they understand that you can just go through it).

-Same with your logic about locking down HAB locations. Just spawn and sprint. Nobody or 1 guy gets incapacitated, then revived 5 secs later.

-Same here. If people don't take cover - they should get killed by mortars? Nope. Just sprint. Nobody or 1 guy gets incapacitated, then revived 5 secs later.

-Same here. When you get over run and you bombard this point, you should get a lot of kills because enemies wasn't in covers, right? Nope. Just sprint. Nobody or 1 guy gets incapacitated, then revived 5 secs later.

Where is all of these mortar kills on the scoreboard at the end of the round? I'll tell you. Nowhere. It doesn't happen like this. Doesn't work like this. You just get a screen shake, loud sound and dust. That's what your mortars do in reality. Yes, it works on retards, which are 'afraid' of being killed by mortars. But it doesn't work against anyone who has some brains inside his head(nowadays it is actually a very rare super-power - to have brains).

Doesn't really show anything. As I have said, all teams playing the wrong game at the moment. Don't justify a bad play just because it worked:

There are no teams who play proper-proper Squad, just yet. Use of mortars is a clear example of not understanding the game. Even better example of not understanding the game is not understanding what to do when you have info where enemy FOB is(by using sounds from mortars), as well as not being able to capitalize on all of that info and advantages - bigger amount of infantries on the ground, free supply truck, info about enemy FOB, HAB and mortars positions. It isn't the first time when Mumblerines are lost during their matches(I respect them as a team and they are in my list of top teams in Squad) and aren't able to capitalize on their advantages because of the lack of understanding the game. I've played against Mumbles and won against them in semi- and grand-finals of Squad Masters, so I kinda know.

There is no way mortars can be more effective than a legit effective clan infantry player, who will make ~20 legit kills.

Show me something, where mortars can be at least comparable to effectiveness of this(not saying to show me where mortars are more effective than what you see on video, just at least comparable):

I don't even play as a medic myself(literally picked a medic class after not playing it for half a year or something), so I made tonns of mistakes there and wasn't even close to effectiveness of a solid legit player, which plays medic class all the time.

I dont think Skul likes mortars

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, _randombullet said:

I dont think Skul likes mortars

Me, after seeing a squad created at the start of the round with a name Mortarded sq 3-men:

HOuRB8DF.png

Me, after seeing them putting mortars on the FOB with repair stations:

c0FEdXeK.png

Me, repairing on main base because they wasted all of my ammo points(which I could use to destroy even more enemy Strykers/BTRs and as a result make enemy team to lose many more tickets) with their mortarded fire without killing a single enemy:

7atoCjPw.png

Me, after switching(while repairing on main base because of the reasons above) to the other team(which doesn't use mortars and put repair stations instead), at the end of the next round, looking at the scoreboard, after dropping 75 kids from a team with mortars, which weren't able to leave main base after 15 minutes after the start of the round, because we captured all the flags while they were mortaring us with their mortarded mortars:

6Lt0s1ln.png

I'm not even making this up. It actually happened to me quite a few times now. I usually switch to the other team when I have too many mortarded kids on my team, which don't understand that they play against their own team with their mortars.

Edited by Skul

Please increase damage on mortar rounds x3 they need to be feared not laughed at.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Para said:

Please increase damage on mortar rounds x3 they need to be feared not laughed at.

This way mortarded kids will be just sitting, getting tonns of kills by spamming their noob tube using mortart calculators.

If we want to see an adequate solution instead of this facepalm which we all observe at the moment, I propose to make them more BF2-alike:

1. 300% times bigger blown radius.

2. 300% times bigger damage against infantries and vehicles.

3. Leave number of shells per clip at 3.

4. Increase reload time by 500-800%, so it doesn't eat 1000 ammo points in less than 2 minutes.

5. Make mortars to use their own ammo, so they don't ruin something for other teammates. That's how it should work, anyway, there should be limited amount of ammo for different types of weapons, not just 1000 ammo points.

6. Decrease accuracy of mortars by 50%, so you can't just snipe and destroy Strykers with 1 clip(because of increased damage) using calculators(read as aimbots).

7. Increase flying time of shells to ~25 seconds. A nerf to balance very big blown radius, big damage and calculators(aka aimbots)

8. Make it possible to put only 1 mortar per FOB.

I think this way it will be more armored vehicle-alike: rare(you don't see 5 strykers on a map), strong(destroying vehicles with 1 direct hit), not eating all ammo in 2 minutes(long reloads and own ammo), requiring skill(if you miss, you have to wait ~1 minute to reload) in predicting where enemies will be in some time(you have calculators aka aimbots to be accurate AF), not where they are now.

I don't know if it would work or no but at least that's the idea that could work. What we have now is ridiculous.

Edited by Skul

4. Increase reload time by 500-800%

absolutely not. In real life.. well lets just say it can be constant every 4 seconds.

Imo, increase the overheat rate.

also lmafaotyc

53 minutes ago, Skul said:

you have calculators aka aimbots

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Skul said:

This way mortarded kids will be just sitting, getting tonns of kills by spamming their noob tube using mortart calculators.

If we want to see an adequate solution instead of this facepalm which we all observe at the moment, I propose to make them more BF2-alike:

1. 300% times bigger blown radius.

2. 300% times bigger damage against infantries and vehicles.

3. Leave number of shells per clip at 3.

4. Increase reload time by 500-800%, so it doesn't eat 1000 ammo points in less than 2 minutes.

5. Make mortars to use their own ammo, so they don't ruin something for other teammates. That's how it should work, anyway, there should be limited amount of ammo for different types of weapons, not just 1000 ammo points.

6. Decrease accuracy of mortars by 50%, so you can't just snipe and destroy Strykers with 1 clip(because of increased damage) using calculators(read as aimbots).

7. Increase flying time of shells to ~25 seconds. A nerf to balance very big blown radius, big damage and calculators(aka aimbots)

8. Make it possible to put only 1 mortar per FOB.

I think this way it will be more armored vehicle-alike: rare(you don't see 5 strykers on a map), strong(destroying vehicles with 1 direct hit), not eating all ammo in 2 minutes(long reloads and own ammo), requiring skill(if you miss, you have to wait ~1 minute to reload) in predicting where enemies will be in some time(you have calculators aka aimbots to be accurate AF), not where they are now.

I don't know if it would work or no but at least that's the idea that could work. What we have now is ridiculous.

jesus christ dude. There's heavy handed, and then there's black hole density heavy handed. Stay the hell away from game design for your lifetime.

Edited by 40mmrain

Mortars are awesome. If you have a team using them they are deadly, if you have a lone wolf playing with one he or she will be largely useless. 

I love when tactics win instead of troll weapons and quick reflexes. 

Mortars need to cost less ammo, FOBs need to have the 1,00 ammo cap removed, damage may need to be beefed up, and penetration has to be added. @Skul, you're a crazy person.

Posted (edited)

I'm with @Skul actually. Mortars damaging assets is a welcome addition, but they need to be a lot stronger. Like, A LOT.

A mortar round has 10x the mass of a hand grenade (and a better frag profile, so actually more than 10x killing area). ATM, they seem weaker than grenades. There is very little reason to use them, beyond taking out a HAB that somebody mistakenly deployed without a roof. 

Mortars are a very "Squad" thing in theory, requiring a lot of cooperation to use effectively, which is why so many people so desperately try to make them work. Unfortunately, the reward for such cooperation is severely lacking ATM.

PS. Also, artillery being the main killer on a battlefield is actually quite realistic. Not very fun perhaps, but realistic.
PPS. Also, spotter drones...

Edited by tatzhit

Posted (edited)

I like mortarting. And I dont like to use calculator because its absolutely not neccessary.

If sombody have to use calculator than this guy have no idea how to operate with mortars. 

thats first mistake of players

Second is if sombody fire 15 shells on 10x10 meters than its second mistake.  with this amount its possible to cover whole 2 keay pads (200x100) and completely destroy or stop enemy. 

Third. If sombody try use mortar to hitting compound area its just wasting ammo. Better is use mortar just in situation when enemy have to cross some open area. 

mortars in game are more less for defending than for attacking. so mortar fire is best to prepare to firesupport (create barage) around defending flag. 

There are more possibilities how to fire. Why increase some reloading time when its possible just fire one shell per minute. I do that if i have to surrpress enemy. slow them and stress them. Friendly units grab a time to regroup at Dflag. 

Or fire for effect  and in this case I jsut consume all ammo points. But all squad leaders are informed. 

Also I everytime informa other squad leaders where morats are going to hit and so on. 

If everything work mortar team is able to have 30+ kills and make enemy frustrated and angry. What is great result because they will send some full squad to hunt small mortar team instead of put this squad at some objective. 

Like everything. Using a brain is best weapon and doesnt metter if  you have medic or play in vehicle or operate mortars. 

Edited by elerik

In an organized clan match mortars are devastating. They arent really meant to be for kills but kills come with it. Mortars are used for area denial and outdoor radios and habs obviously. While you wont see this type of coordination in public games, this doesnt make them weak by any means.

2 hours ago, _randombullet said:

In an organized clan match mortars are devastating. They arent really meant to be for kills but kills come with it. Mortars are used for area denial and outdoor radios and habs obviously. While you wont see this type of coordination in public games, this doesnt make them weak by any means.

Hmm... well I don't play clan matches, but I somehow doubt this. You can't deny an area with mortars, because they don't actually kill. Especially to experienced players who know you can just run through the barrages and most likely not even take damage.

The same goes for outdoor radios and HABs - on most maps, that's a rarity even in pub matches. It's not hard to fit a HAB indoors / in cover, as long as there's anything available.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tatzhit said:

Hmm... well I don't play clan matches, but I somehow doubt this. You can't deny an area with mortars, because they don't actually kill. Especially to experienced players who know you can just run through the barrages and most likely not even take damage.

The same goes for outdoor radios and HABs - on most maps, that's a rarity even in pub matches. It's not hard to fit a HAB indoors / in cover, as long as there's anything available.

Try it against Mumblerines and repost back here. You have no idea lol. These are some of the top teams from Squad showing what you can do with mortars.

Edited by _randombullet

6 hours ago, tatzhit said:

A mortar round has 10x the mass of a hand grenade (and a better frag profile, so actually more than 10x killing area). ATM, they seem weaker than grenades.

is this because Mortars impact the ground much faster than grenades and thus impart more energy into the ground than as "splash damage" - i kno nothing about RL mortars btw. - whereas grenades sit on top of the ground and thus all their energy is effective as "splash damage"?

2 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

is this because Mortars impact the ground much faster than grenades and thus impart more energy into the ground than as "splash damage" - i kno nothing about RL mortars btw. - whereas grenades sit on top of the ground and thus all their energy is effective as "splash damage"?

I don't know anything about mortars either, but usually the bigger the firework the bigger the lights.

11 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

Not really. Mortars come in at a steep angle and are designed to explode "to the sides", throwing fragments parallel to the ground and shredding infantry in a wide area around them.

By comparison, hand grenades (in addition to being 10x smaller) don't fall in any specific way, so they're forced to throw fragments in all planes, rather than just one plane. Therefore, the lethality of mortar rounds is actually much over 10x compared to grenades.

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-b74518bb5161ffe3771f4912e72e3afe

Agreed on the idea of the mortars being used properly. Especially if enemy HAB is in the open and a spotter corrects the mortars it can be devastating to the enemy team!

I've been on the receiving end of accurate mortar fire.. trying to get people up between rounds is the most nerve wracking thing I've experienced in recent video games. I think it really comes down to how the mortar squad uses it.. it can be very effective at stopping several squads in their tracks! 

Posted (edited)
On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:21 AM, Skul said:

Mediocre infantry soldier(mediocre infantry player with 100 hours and 100 IQ) make 15 kills per round average(arithmetical average of all rounds). Good ones make 30 per round average(arithmetical average of all rounds). 

I'll use some math myself. You've just called 75% of the player base worst than mediocre. Having 15 kills after a round is pretty good for most players. You've also admitted you'd rather fight against your own team when they're losing, even though you seem to have the arithmetically correct solutions to winning the game. I think you need to start calculating how you can improve your teamwork skills.

Edited by Cavazos

4 minutes ago, Cavazos said:

I'll use some math myself. You've just called 75% of the player base worst than mediocre. Having 15 kills after a round is pretty good for most players. If you're going to try to sound scientific about it, how about you collect data from screenshots and compile a database.

Skul just doesn't know what he's saying. If a team was made up of only good players which all had 30 kills each that would be 1200 kills. Usually there's only about 500 tickets. Then you count in ticket bleed, lost assets and you can clearly see that there is a very limited number of kills to go around.
And I am not even going to mention the fact that if you have 2 squads of good players fighting each other the result will be very similar to 2 squads of average players fighting each other, so a player will only appear good, if he is put against an average player. Just like a nail will feel sharp only if you prick your finger on it, instead of a hammer.