venjance®

[Solved] Can't change my screen resolution

yo, i'm actually blocked on 1600*900, i really want to change it but it seems to be impossible. btw the graphic properties for my screen is 1280*720. need for help !

You can try to delete your game cache if you havent done so already.

This can be done by tapping the Windows Key - - -> search for %localappdata% and hit enter - - -> locate and delete a folder named Squad and you should be good to go. Try launching the game again and see if it solved your issue. 

Just keep in mind that this will completely reset all of your settings in the game

On 03/06/2017 at 6:15 PM, sweeziee said:

You can try to delete your game cache if you havent done so already.

This can be done by tapping the Windows Key - - -> search for %localappdata% and hit enter - - -> locate and delete a folder named Squad and you should be good to go. Try launching the game again and see if it solved your issue. 

Just keep in mind that this will completely reset all of your settings in the game

its not working, still the same. Ive been trying the two techniques

On 03/06/2017 at 5:30 PM, venjance® said:

btw the graphic properties for my screen is 1280*720. need for help !

Post a screenshot with available for you screen resolutions in the in-game menu.

Post model of your model here, so we can be sure that your monitor actually support this resolution. Better post info from a program called MonInfo:

https://www.rarst.net/software/moninfo/

And also post screens from Nvidia Control panel with available screen resolutions:

zXSPQa0.png

On 03/06/2017 at 5:30 PM, venjance® said:

yo, i'm actually blocked on 1600*900, i really want to change it but it seems to be impossible.

Close Squad before trying this.

Open %localappdata%\Squad\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor . Now open file GameUserSettings.ini.

Find strokes:

PreferredFullscreenMode=
DesiredScreenWidth=
DesiredScreenHeight=

Put preferred fullscreen mode(0 - fullscreen, 1 - borderless, 2 - windowed), desired screen width and height. Save the file. Put read only flag in properties. Launch Squad.

If it doesn't help, use program called Custom Resolution Utility. Delete default 1280x720 resolution from the list of Standard resolutions, then create custom 720p resolution:

b1xuRc6.png

Also don't forget to untick 1280x720 from Established resolutions list if it it there.

Reboot your PC. Now try to do the thing with a GameUserSettings.ini file. If you already did a thing with the file, just try to launch your Squad. After you post all info about your setup, we will just might be able to investigate further(if everything above doesn't help)

Edited by Skul

16 hours ago, Skul said:

Post a screenshot with available for you screen resolutions in the in-game menu.

Post model of your model here, so we can be sure that your monitor actually support this resolution. Better post info from a program called MonInfo:

https://www.rarst.net/software/moninfo/

And also post screens from Nvidia Control panel with available screen resolutions:

zXSPQa0.png

Close Squad before trying this.

Open %localappdata%\Squad\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor . Now open file GameUserSettings.ini.

Find strokes:

PreferredFullscreenMode=
DesiredScreenWidth=
DesiredScreenHeight=

Put preferred fullscreen mode(0 - fullscreen, 1 - borderless, 2 - windowed), desired screen width and height. Save the file. Put read only flag in properties. Launch Squad.

If it doesn't help, use program called Custom Resolution Utility. Delete default 1280x720 resolution from the list of Standard resolutions, then create custom 720p resolution:

b1xuRc6.png

Also don't forget to untick 1280x720 from Established resolutions list if it it there.

Reboot your PC. Now try to do the thing with a GameUserSettings.ini file. If you already did a thing with the file, just try to launch your Squad. After you post all info about your setup, we will just might be able to investigate further(if everything above doesn't help)

thx u soo much its working! add me on steam : venjance.