YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife

Al Basrah feels Somewhat Empty?

83 posts in this topic

TBH i think the PR version looks like crap compared to Squads version.

13 hours ago, cribbaaa said:

I expect that this map will have, bare minimum, the amount detailing and diversity that the PR version has further down the line.

Having lots of buildings you can enter is all well and good but it becomes a problem when it doesn't look like somebody actually lives there, it needs to be somewhat authentic.

Increasing the polygon count with hundreds of chairs, pillows and mattresses in every single room in Al Basrah simply wouldn't be at the top of my priority list that's for sure. Plus as Chance pointed out then people will complain about getting stuck in the garage populating each room.

4 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Increasing the polygon count with hundreds of chairs, pillows and mattresses in every single room in Al Basrah simply wouldn't be at the top of my priority list that's for sure

They could be set to have very low cull distances (~50m) if placed strategically so that they would not be visible from the outside. But then again if that is being done, the automatic occlusion culling would take care of a lot of that as well. But yeah, with the density of enterable buildings and the number of rooms in each one, it would be an easy way to wreck peoples' performance by putting too many meaningless statics in the rooms. 

When basrah gets put into the sdk i want those of you who want furniture inside the buildings to populate every room, hallway, garage and rooftop with objects and not make it look repetitive then tell me how your frames have gone to shit and that youve wasted your time.

2 hours ago, Psyrus said:

if placed strategically so that they would not be visible from the outside.

Have you play basrah before lol

every window overlooks atleast 100 different other windows, so your going to tell me that in those 100 something rooms there wont be objects cause they will be seen?.......your going to have that problem with all windows.

So again

Objects inside buildings isnt going to happen :D Im more then happy for yous to waste your time trying tho

9 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Increasing the polygon count with hundreds of chairs, pillows and mattresses in every single room in Al Basrah simply wouldn't be at the top of my priority list that's for sure. Plus as Chance pointed out then people will complain about getting stuck in the garage populating each room.

My problem with Al Basrah's visuals is primarily the exteriors, if you were to add antennas, pipes and guard rails etc. to the buildings it would make a huge difference to the overall feel of the map.

2 hours ago, cribbaaa said:

My problem with Al Basrah's visuals is primarily the exteriors, if you were to add antennas, pipes and guard rails etc. to the buildings it would make a huge difference to the overall feel of the map.

I do have plans to add those things later... well antennas, dishes, water barrels and shit like that, i just want to expand the map more before I come to that =]

On 20/06/2017 at 1:57 AM, ChanceBrahh said:

When basrah gets put into the sdk i want those of you who want furniture inside the buildings to populate every room, hallway, garage and rooftop with objects and not make it look repetitive then tell me how your frames have gone to shit and that youve wasted your time.

Have you play basrah before lol

every window overlooks atleast 100 different other windows, so your going to tell me that in those 100 something rooms there wont be objects cause they will be seen?.......your going to have that problem with all windows.

So again

Objects inside buildings isnt going to happen :D Im more then happy for yous to waste your time trying tho

Sorry to keep asking about this, but wouldn't it be possible to somehow NOT render all the objects after a certain distance? It's not like you're going to need to see a sofa inside a building 500m away, so why not make it so that you only see the ones inside the room or building that you're actually in? Wouldn't that be able to enhance the visuals of the buildings without sacrificing performance?

On 6/19/2017 at 10:05 PM, _randombullet said:

TBH i think the PR version looks like crap compared to Squads version.

difference in graphics aside, I wholeheartedly disagree with you. The texture variety and little details all over make it a much more interesting map visually. 

albasrah.jpg

Edited by Chompster