Sign in to follow this  
laquishabonquiqui

Cannot Start Squad Since Update

Hello, ever since the new update i'v havent been able to start the game. I press launch game and the loading screen would appear and the process would end right after the loading screen is over. I tested this with task manager and saw the squad.exe process end right after the small loading screen with the small "cancel" sign at the bottom loaded. There are no error signs or anything it just kills the process right after the launch. Thanks for helping.

I too have problems running my squad. Whenever I click "play" on steam the launcher comes up loading the game, the bar fills up, and then nothing happens at all. It's been like this for quite some time and I've tried things from reinstalling, disabling anti-virus, repairing and also uninstalling the EAC, lauching steam as administrator and also normal to verify the files, trying to launch the game as administrator as well :/ I want to play squad! 

Right click on Squad in Steam -> Properties -> Local files -> Verify Integrity of game files...

See if that fixes the issue.

On 3.6.2017 at 9:02 PM, BOOM-game_over said:

I too have problems running my squad. Whenever I click "play" on steam the launcher comes up loading the game, the bar fills up, and then nothing happens at all. It's been like this for quite some time and I've tried things from reinstalling, disabling anti-virus, repairing and also uninstalling the EAC, lauching steam as administrator and also normal to verify the files, trying to launch the game as administrator as well :/ I want to play squad! 

You should make your own thread,  you probably need help by actual support who can look into logs.

Make sure you have latest windows updates and close all background apps such as recording software (including shadowplay/raptr).

How long do you wait when you get the loading screen and whats your system specs + windows version?

Also a quote from invisible.nin a few months back:

Find Squad folder and delete it, then run squad.

Press [WINDOWS] + [R], then copy paste this:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Squad

and press [ENTER]. Delete the contents (files and folders!) of that folder put them in a sub-folder named "bak" for backup (whatever you prefer). Run game, see what happens.

Edited by Chew_Kok_Long