Sign in to follow this  
molotov

kicked from USA Legacy Server for "high ping" of 265

As the title suggest, I just go kicked from the USA Legacy server, mid game, for a "high ping" of 264 (by squad listings). Not sure what the problem is as i'm on a high end rig, have 15mbps cable connection, and never have lag or hear complaints of it. 

Besides being a pissy thing to do, is this acceptable under the rules of officially licensed servers?

It depends on your location, not the speed of your connection. :) You must be close to the server's location to get a good connection and low ping. May I ask, where are you from? If you're not from the Unites States that might explains why do you have such a high ping (I get the same and I'm in the Middle East, so I try to not join these often when there's active EU-based servers around that give me a decent 100 ping). If you are from the U.S. then that seems to be abnormal behavior of your internet connection.

I don't know about how officially licensed servers work but I assume this is acceptable because it keeps the server's performance to not hinder because of the high ping handling or something? I'm no expert to be honest.

best to take it up with these guys.. https://usalegacy.us/ links to discord and support.

being a kick and not a ban i wouldnt bother so much more than trouble shoot from your end.. where are you playing from and what is causing the high ping? are there any server near you that have a lower ping ect, either way im sure community server owners have some right in control over conditions to who populates their servers as i live in Aus and well i dont even bother playing on any other servers that Australian servers.

Edited by Bigsmokeee

Our server rules state that 

Ping: • Pings consistently over 250 may be warned then kicked

The tick rate was starting to plummet and everyones pings we're starting to suffer. I admin broadcasted several times then started with the worst offenders in the 700's. 

My apologies if this inconvenienced you, but it is stated in our server policy 

We have a discord at usalegacy.xyz if you'd like to go over and read our #server_policy