Sign in to follow this  
Realdrpepper

Ping way too high

I live in Thailand and I do understand that i am far from all the servers but isnt their any servers nearby. I get 250 ping minimum even in china servers is their a way too reduce my ping either from US, ASIA, EU I just bought the game and I love it but I am kinda upset that I get lag from high ping

Your ping is not something the squad devs or even server admins can control. You should figure out why you get such high pings; I suggest you do some trace routes to figure out where your packets are going that causes a high ping. 

For example, even though I live in Japan and the servers I wanted to play on were in Sydney and so I expected about 100ms ping, I was getting 250-300ms pings. I found out that almost all ISPs in Japan route regular traffic through California when it's going to Australia, even though there is the AJC direct link. I researched a lot of VPNs but none of them helped, but I noticed that my pings to Internode were only ~110ms, which meant that their network was peering with the AJC. I found out that Amazon also has their links peering on the AJC, and so I set up a free Linux VM in Sydney on AWS, created my own VPN server there, and thus I can now play on Sydney servers with ~110ms ping. 

This is a problem that you and your ISP have to solve, posting here won't help you at all, because no one outside your country can do anything for you. 

Edit: You can try some VPN services for free to see if they help you, but I doubt it

https://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn/features/vpn-server-locations

Edited by Psyrus
Updated AJC Link

1 hour ago, Bigsmokeee said:

psyrus you never cease to amaze me haha

Haha, I'm resourceful when it comes to my gaming :P

Hopefully @Realdrpepper can figure it out

Well turns out there is no longer a problem...

From discord 

WfpSd1lhqFXCK14NIbRhyvqwwUinLXQu6_zJ35nV

Edited by Psyrus

I have noticed my pings have gone way up also in the last 2 weeks.

Mine are also pretty high, UK Based, I suspect mine it to do with the superhub 3 vm recently pushed on me when my superhub 2 broke.