Markoxx

How the stryker actually looks like in combat

8 hours ago, -MG said:

So you're telling me realistic armour is a little too much ?....But being able to spam unlimited RPG/tandem's like farts after beans/onion soup isn't ?.
This makes vehicles obsolete....and i can confirm cuz i already been in barrages of RPG's. 3 to 4 at once back to back to back. Now let's see if the Balance over Realism is till going to be a thing when guided armaments come out. 

If you think the stryker is too weak then you're just not using it properly. I see members of my clan get +50 kills with it daily.

3-4 RPG hits already makes it the toughest vehicle in the game, giving it more armor would make it indestructible, unbalanced.

I've also heard devs are working on an ammunition system that would prevent spamming grenades and such.

1 hour ago, Shields said:

If you think the stryker is too weak then you're just not using it properly. I see members of my clan get +50 kills with it daily.

3-4 RPG hits already makes it the toughest vehicle in the game, giving it more armor would make it indestructible, unbalanced.

I've also heard devs are working on an ammunition system that would prevent spamming grenades and such.

Don't forget about future armor system overhaul and addition of more powerful assets, like ATGMs and tanks. Current BTR and Stryker are lords of battlefield, but further development will put them on the lower level of Squad food chain.

2 hours ago, ZiGreen said:

Don't forget about future armor system overhaul and addition of more powerful assets, like ATGMs and tanks. Current BTR and Stryker are lords of battlefield, but further development will put them on the lower level of Squad food chain.

Of course, but i imagine we'll also have thermal optics for heavy vehicles.

40 minutes ago, Sidhuken said:

Realism can only go so far, but it would be a great aesthetic

That's is true, but a cage on an APC or reactive armour on a tank is not too much asked for since Tandems and ATGM's are a thing. 
These 2 additional armour options to vehicles are a MINIMAL countermeassure bud'. 

It's not like i'm asking to go super realistic and have the Isreali ''Trophy'' countermeassure system on vehicles.
Which is basically a computer system that has radars installed on a vehicle and provide a 360 horizontal dome scan and will terminate any direct propelled explosives when it enters that dome by an accurate widespread counterfire. 

Always funny to see realism being shunned yet nobody has an idea of how the millitary industry works. 
I'm NOT a soldier myself or have never done service, but as an enthusiast i can tell that for every new weapon/vehicle that comes out quickly a counter meassure is being developed against it not long after.

So you can't say, oh i dont want realism. You're basically saying, i don't want balance. Cuz that's what millitary developement is about. Constantly developing counter meassures against new weapons/vehicles made by another country. So one country isn't going to be more advanced and probably be much bigger of a treath to the other. 

Btw i wasn't having a fit against you :P i was more adding my idea to your initial statement. 

Edited by -MG

Then again all deccisions are more based with the rebel factions in mind who always have the outdated gear VS ''state army'' then actual State army VS state army.

On 2017-05-29 at 6:49 PM, Chompster said:

Id be happy with just an overall visual update. Some more bags and other gubbins on top, but that's more for later down the line.

Oh and this probably should have gone in the feedback & suggestions subforum. just saying.

http://forums.joinsquad.com/forum/16-feedback-suggestions/

I totlay agree with you. not only the strykers but all the vehciles in game need som visual update.