Chuc

May 2017 Monthly Recap

1 hour ago, eagon89 said:

next weapon

gQm4bhn.jpg

I am waiting for the model that includes the laser sight for pinpoint knife accuracy.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

I am waiting for the model that includes the laser sight for pinpoint knife accuracy.

Unfortunately that knife will be available for founder only, together with a new vehicle skin:

g7bkskk.jpg

Canyonero 

and a new pistol:

WHIUjZV.jpg

but for the backer they are working on a new skin for the knife:

8wl0Zxj.jpg

Edited by eagon89

Great work guys, keep it rollin.

20 hours ago, KaB said:

Good question. This is something we still need to study.

Applying ragdoll to 1P might not work very well for various reasons Im not gonna list here.

Something we could possibly do is applying a dying anim followed by a dead pose to 1P, a bit like in BF4 where the dude falls and raises his hand which calls for help, and applying a ragdoll to 3P right when he dies, followed by an uncapacitated pose like a foetal position few seconds later.

All of this is still unofficial.

Is there any chance to implement such a collision system?

By the way, I've noticed (I guess that other people too) M4 was without receiver sight. Does it deal with the "Core Inventory System"?

No final decision was made regarding how the weapon should react with the environnent yet. We have few ideas but IMO the chances it becomes as complex as how it is in the video are very low.

Looks like weapon collision by Tooner is now used in PUBG

crossbow153.jpg

The crossbow knife, good for werewolves, and vampires! A fine addition perhaps to the game. :)

43 minutes ago, KaB said:

No final decision was made regarding how the weapon should react with the environnent yet. We have few ideas but IMO the chances it becomes as complex as how it is in the video are very low.

Could you please enlighten us a little why weapon collision can't be as complex as that shown in the video. It's awesome by the way. To my layman knowledge of development it's seem like a UE4 plugin type of thing. I guess it would be handled at the users end so no extra strain on servers. 

that weapon collision would be super nice. Great update on the animations looks very promising. still kinda thinking about environment destruction or bending and all that is there any plans for those or overall make the world more dynamic like doors fro example.. lots of good stuff but still the environment feels pretty blunt.. 

3 hours ago, KaB said:

guess too many resources are already going into the shovel meelee animations?

The problem with that type of weapon collisions is that it would rely on per poly collision modelling on the vegetation and stuff. So where objects have a simple collision model it would break the immersion and become frustrating for the player.  It would be awesome though!

3 hours ago, rainey06au said:

The problem with that type of weapon collisions is that it would rely on per poly collision modelling on the vegetation and stuff. So where objects have a simple collision model it would break the immersion and become frustrating for the player.  It would be awesome though!

From my brief work with UE4, even when you set a simple collision volume, you're able to specify complex collisions for whatever you would like, and thus just like the bullets use the complex collision, the gun interactions could also be done on the complex side.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Physics/SimpleVsComplex/

please make it so that the 2nd pilot can take over the controls or can be given controls  if the 1st pilot dies. most of the todays military helicopters operate with a 2P system(2 pilots).

On 31.05.2017 at 1:00 PM, KaB said:

Yep that's right.

3P anims are mostly the same with few improvements and lots of new ones added. 1P is reanimated from scratch, since the old anim system used the same anims for 3P and 1P.

And no, lowered has zero impact on the gameplay, it's purely esthetic. If Id have to find an impact, the biggest one would be for your enemies to clearly see you're not ADS even from long distance.

So, animations for the third person and the first person view are separated? In my uderstanding, for instance, the operating of AKM in 1P can differ from 3P view?

2 minutes ago, Palmirov said:

So, animations for the third person and the first person view are separated? In my uderstanding, for instance, the operating of AKM in 1P can differ from 3P view?

Yes, that's how it works.

Holyshitdamn this update has it all.

Vault! -  Aka FAK U CHORA HOW UR WALLS LIKE US NAOW?!?!?

Bipods, so good to see these being added. Its going to add so much to the game for anyone playing as SAW.

Melee. Wasn't even expecting this but it will be damn cool to see how it plays out.

That's before we even get to the insanity of helicopters and the idea of a hilux with a ZU-23 on the back hahahaha.

Awesome dev update really. Now to wait until release. Damnit.

42 minutes ago, Palmirov said:

That's the idea, although we made it so the animators can do only one animation which can play in both 1P and 3P.

On 1.6.2017 at 10:51 AM, Major Trouble said:

Shovel accuracy you meant?

1 minute ago, WARti0k0ne -BG- said:

Shovel accuracy you meant?

Laser sight might be useful on the shovel I suppose to counter all the times you try to dig but can't because you weren't in just the right spot.

Incredible update, i've been looking forward to this since 2015. Will there be new sounds however? I watched that new m249 video and there is a new sound which i personally like, weapons do need a sound overhaul to some extent. Animations are wonderful, recoil looks AMAZING on the glock. 

looks like the shovel will be able to kill people now in one of the vids it shows the guy swinging it :D

On 1.6.2017 at 10:31 AM, eagon89 said:

Unfortunately that knife will be available for founder only, together with a new vehicle skin:

g7bkskk.jpg

Canyonero 

and a new pistol:

WHIUjZV.jpg

but for the backer they are working on a new skin for the knife:

8wl0Zxj.jpg

Best gaem, thank you DEVs <3 <3 <3

Probably a bit early, but what will the flight system be like? 

I hope it's not arcade-like.. 

It would be awesome it if was like Arma 3's flight system, - Kind of difficult!