Jump to content
Chuc

May 2017 Monthly Recap

Recommended Posts

u=1054281219,2765343733%26fm=214%26gp=0.

9ee99c729dee4aded0f46b32c1ac9c28.jpg

u=2934153735,1571246711%26fm=214%26gp=0.

 

those pic looks much more reality

 

and that running animation looks not good,just don't like Soldiers,like some rogue you know....it's a litter bit looks like Unprofessional ...bf3 animation isn't good Example...all of them looks like Unprofessional unknow unofficial armed groups 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KaB said:

Yep that's just Chuc and I, and we're both full time.

I think I can tell which animations you did and which ones are by Chuc because you guys have slightly different styles :P  The Glock animation is yours, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, KaB said:

Yep that's just Chuc and I, and we're both full time.

 

How much of the old animation assets can you re-tool for the new system ? is it a case of rigging them properly or are you just re-animating most of it from scratch?

 

Will lowered weapons have any impact on gunplay or will you have the same accuracy / speed as when you start firing from a raised position (hip fire, not ADS) ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, fatalsushi said:

I think I can tell which animations you did and which ones are by Chuc because you guys have slightly different styles :P  The Glock animation is yours, right?

 

Yep that's right.

 

17 minutes ago, cribbaaa said:

 

How much of the old animation assets can you re-tool for the new system ? is it a case of rigging them properly or are you just re-animating most of it from scratch?

 

Will lowered weapons have any impact on gunplay or will you have the same accuracy / speed as when you start firing from a raised position (hip fire, not ADS) ?

 

3P anims are mostly the same with few improvements and lots of new ones added. 1P is reanimated from scratch, since the old anim system used the same anims for 3P and 1P.

 

And no, lowered has zero impact on the gameplay, it's purely esthetic. If Id have to find an impact, the biggest one would be for your enemies to clearly see you're not ADS even from long distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As always Great.
I enjoy every recap.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KaB said:

 

Yep that's right.

Well, it looks awesome so keep up the good work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SniPer0791 said:

Is the new animation system going to affect ragdolls?

 

Good question. This is something we still need to study.

 

Applying ragdoll to 1P might not work very well for various reasons Im not gonna list here.

Something we could possibly do is applying a dying anim followed by a dead pose to 1P, a bit like in BF4 where the dude falls and raises his hand which calls for help, and applying a ragdoll to 3P right when he dies, followed by an uncapacitated pose like a foetal position few seconds later.

 

All of this is still unofficial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SHOVELS ONLY ON SUMARI!!!! xD

 

I'm curious about how the weapon lowering works and affects gameplay. As it looks, you go ADS and if you don't fire after X amount of time, your weapon lowers, which like any non player controlled animation, seems like it could be both immersion breaking and frustrating if it happens at the wrong time, like you're covering a window or doorway for an extended amount of time. Would you have to set up a keybind to toggle ADS or just keep spamming it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One hope I have (maybe already on the to-do list) would be that getting too close to a collision mesh in front of your weapon automatically pulls your gun into the "lowered" state to avoid more clipping than necessary (similar to say, Heroes and Generals). That'd help me a little immersion wise and would help not having guns stick through thin walls and such ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, LugNut said:

I'm curious about how the weapon lowering works and affects gameplay. As it looks, you go ADS and if you don't fire after X amount of time, your weapon lowers, which like any non player controlled animation, seems like it could be both immersion breaking and frustrating if it happens at the wrong time, like you're covering a window or doorway for an extended amount of time. Would you have to set up a keybind to toggle ADS or just keep spamming it?

 

The way I saw it was if you are in ADS the gun stays up no matter what. If your not ADS then the gun gets lowered after X amount of time. I expect if you 'hip fire' while your weapon is lowered you'd go straight to the weapon raised state. Not sure how you would make your character go to the raised state intentionally other than firing or ADS though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LugNut said:

I'm curious about how the weapon lowering works and affects gameplay. As it looks, you go ADS and if you don't fire after X amount of time, your weapon lowers, which like any non player controlled animation, seems like it could be both immersion breaking and frustrating if it happens at the wrong time, like you're covering a window or doorway for an extended amount of time. Would you have to set up a keybind to toggle ADS or just keep spamming it?

 

KaB answered this couple of posts above. Lowering is just a visual effect, if you ADS your gun will stay ADS, if you don't it gets lowered after some time, if you fire it shoulders again without affecting your accuracy or anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great update, like always! This is why the recap is hyped, it always delivers something unexpected and/or awesome.  Will there be different melee damage between a shovel and a rifle? And i spot some animations (RPG/M203) which suggest changing ammunition/GL sights, are these changes coming with the animations update or is it more a inventorysystems thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's looking amazing as usual! 

Very much looking forward to Narva; Have been there a few times and from the screenshots, it definitely seems like the map captures the feel of the place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Neat stuff, especially with new animations and vaulting coming up.

I guess this is a obvious one but just to make sure. Will the glitch with body parts penetrating/sticking out of objects(walls etc) be looked at with the new animations? Or planned for future updates?

Edited by Morre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, KaB said:

 

Good question. This is something we still need to study.

 

Applying ragdoll to 1P might not work very well for various reasons Im not gonna list here.

Something we could possibly do is applying a dying anim followed by a dead pose to 1P, a bit like in BF4 where the dude falls and raises his hand which calls for help, and applying a ragdoll to 3P right when he dies, followed by an uncapacitated pose like a foetal position few seconds later.

 

All of this is still unofficial.

 

Can I make a weird request? One of the things I really liked about BF2 is that when you were down your character would be looking straight up and you could see the medic that was about to revive you. If you combine this with dragging it would look even better. Dat immersivenesss

 

https://youtu.be/H_CQMtIrYnc?t=178

 

Edited by NanoAgeWarrior

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like your work! But we really need some weapon customization, bipods, grips, muzzle brake, supressor, flash hider, scopes. A menu where we can customize or weapon and character model and clothing (patches, etc) It will make it more fun to play as your 'self". Please 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, RUSO said:

When update?

 

3 weeks.

Great job with the update devs!  The animations are spot on.

Edited by rainey06au

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, seyfo03 said:

I really like your work! But we really need some weapon customization, bipods, grips, muzzle brake, supressor, flash hider, scopes. A menu where we can customize or weapon and character model and clothing (patches, etc) It will make it more fun to play as your 'self". Please 

Hold your horses there bud, it's still Alpha! We will be getting limited customization options sometime in the future, but no idea when. Still pretty early - though I can't wait for those options ;D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

i am pretty impressed so far only the soldiers legs still seem to be "spring powered", it looks so god damn weird xD

 

the vaulting looks OK when the model is moving, but the animation where the model is vaulting from a

standing position looks so terribly wrong. i hope there will be two sperate animations for the vaulting action.

 

sad to see that the weapons are still not interacting with the environment correctly, hope this gets done correctly at the end.

Edited by FIXXXER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×