Chuc

May 2017 Monthly Recap

How about bipod on a sovel lol

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, banOkay said:

I like most stuff but would like to point few things out.

Prone transitions still seem way too fast, you're telling me we take damage from 1m fall because we could break an ankle IRL due to added gear weight, but you can go from prone to standing up by jumping in <1s.

Hopefully bipod mechanics get updated with the pivot point being further forward. Seems like it gives too much freedom atm and is not how it's supposed to work. I wouldn't like the bipod itself being the pivot point because it'd limit you too much, but somewhere in-between is still much better than what you showed. The bipod itself should obviously be where you deploy the gun, not some air under your gun. Makes it look more like weapon resting atm, which will hopefully make it into V10 as well.

YDDxcWd.png

I am with banOkay on this one. Way to fast transitions from standing <> prone although it's nice to have.

I am really looking forward to bipods. I actually think you could get away with pivoting around the bipod itself. If those pivots were animated (side step, prone shuffle) it would look so good for those nearby who could see it, especially if you had a bit of lean when things became restricted.

I really didn't like the janky legs on the crouched movement but I put that down to work in progress. Having a lean when prone is fantastic. Love it, but the speed and amount of animated upper torso movement is off for my liking. Again work in progress?

At 30s in the second vid did I spot a rifle melee?

Overall a long awaited but exciting update. My hype train is fully stoked again. :D:D:D

Edited by Major Trouble

It's all still WIP. Things will change. I'll make sure prone to standing isn't stupidly fast.

Great recap!!! v10 will be a big one!

GOOD JOB DEVS !! , ......Have to say whee the hell are the tanks !! :D

the blackhawk was a surprise

Posted (edited)

The freelook, bipod, weapon low stance and prone transition.... finaly!

That AA cannon and blackhawk took me offguard though, did not expect to see that!

Any news on HMG emplacements? Are they going to make them more user friendly for us, so we can start to really use them?

Awesome recap, can't wait to see more, and use it in the game.

Edited by Rainmaker

Posted (edited)

Please add Carl Custaf for the U.S side :) cannot wait for the update :D

Edited by LightFu

A lot of cool stuff. Loving it all.

Someone has to make some gifs of those, at times, awkward foot animations though :D

Posted (edited)

You guys are doing a great job keep it up. This game is the best game out there. 1 thing i would like to see is a smaller map like a team death match map just for a little more fast paced game.

Edited by Nut

Posted (edited)

Never fails to amaze me !!!, i'm certain that after V10 Squad sales will go up for sure. Mainly because of the new animation system and Freelook because it makes the game look more polished. Either way, this game just gets better and better. 

Edited by -MG

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

You guys are ruining my career!!!

(I need to stop hyperventilating)

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, banOkay said:

Prone transitions still seem way too fast, you're telling me we take damage from 1m fall because we could break an ankle IRL due to added gear weight, but you can go from prone to standing up by jumping in <1s.

Edit: I just realized I misread you. I agree that going from prone to standing is much too fast. I've just been annoyed at the people that hate drop-shotters so much that they think you should have to carefully go from standing to prone and take forever to do so and I thought you were one of them. I also think most of the other animations were a bit too fast and arcade-y.

Landing on your ankle from a drop and landing on your forearms and knees are 2 completely different things. There is no reason that someone even in full gear shouldn't be able to just drop to the ground in a half second. The only thing that should take more time is getting your weapon steady and facing the enemy.

Edited by ZachTheGunner

9 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Bloody hell...Shovel massacre. That will do until we get our "Slashers" knives.

I can already imagine 50v50 shovel fights...

I'm very excited for the new animation system, it'll bring a level of polish to squad that I honestly would have expected from a small studio. 

I wonder which factions will be battleing on the Estonian soil. Estonian Army vs Russian Forces? Recreation of Narva is pretty accurate. 

Respect from Estonia.

1 hour ago, Helfury said:

I wonder which factions will be battleing on the Estonian soil. Estonian Army vs Russian Forces? Recreation of Narva is pretty accurate. 

Respect from Estonia.

9/10 RU vs MIL. Squad only comes with UK/US/RU/MIL and INS factions 

Great stuff all around!

How many animators do you have ? Chuc and Kab? are both of you full-time ?

Yep that's just Chuc and I, and we're both full time.