Sign in to follow this  
Locutis

Can A Younger Player Enjoy The Game

I am a 14 year old and have always been nervous about  communicating in games because of toxicity. This game caught my eye because I have always wanted a game that captures that teamwork ethic while maintaining some sort of realism. Other games just haven't worked for me. Which brings me to my point, can a younger teenager play this game with out getting kicked from a squad or getting chastised for being younger. I would gladly follow orders and communicate at proper times in proper ways, but  I am worried.

Thanks, Locutis

Edited by Locutis
I don't pay enough attention in English

Yup.

That having been said, you will most likely run into an idiot sooner or later. Remember to use that "leave squad" button when that happens. IF it happens for all squads in a server, which is highly unlikely, go look for another one. Too many people just assume the "community is toxic" because they get in a squad with a toxic squad leader, or squad mates, and for some reason decide to stay there. Don't be those people and you'll be fine.

Sure buddy, those with some sense of maturity will not have a problem, as long as you're playing the game as intended. Unfortunately, you may run into a few idiots, I've witnessed it and make a point to tell them to knock it off (as long as your adding value to the squad), everyone has been there. So rather than being a jerk, they should lead by example. Again try to work with your squad and play the game as intended and you should be fine. Good luck and have fun!

Thank you guys very much! I am still a little apprehensive but I am willing to purchase the game and give it a shot!

Thanks again, Locutis

Ideally, if you play your first few games with a "mentor" from the squad forums or discord (who is willing to squad lead), your experiences should be pretty good. The squad leader can just kick the jerks from the squad and you can all enjoy the teamwork-filled experience. :)

Good luck!

I may be new to the forums but I have been playing this game for many, many many moons. I can tell you from personal experience that there will always be trouble makers and trolls in any game really but as far as Squad is concerned the player base is somewhat very mature. I had some good laughs and very immersive matches.

Definitely take TheNirl's advise and leave a squad when they become unbearable. I haven't yet played a match in which every single squad was toxic. 

:) 

I don't hold anything against younger players, we've all been at that age at some point, as long as they act up, work together with teammates and obey squadlead's orders, then I hold nothing against them! :)

Thank you all so much!

My next question is whether I should buy the game on Steam or on Kickstarter. It's cheaper on Kickstarter and I would like to save money wherever possible.

Thanks, Locutis

Edited by Locutis

19 minutes ago, Locutis said:

Thank you all so much!

My next question is whether I should buy the game on Steam or on Kickstarter. It's cheaper on Kickstarter and I would like to save money wherever possible.

Thanks, Locutis

Kickstarter was over around a year and a half ago, but you can hop onto Steam and buy it there. Or if you'd like to wait there tend to be sales now and then if you'd like to save. No ETA on when the next sale may be though :)

2 hours ago, F$K said:

I don't hold anything against younger players, we've all been at that age at some point, as long as they act up, work together with teammates and obey squadlead's orders, then I hold nothing against them! :)

Whoa...

Let's say, follow.

5 hours ago, CptDirty said:

Whoa...

Let's say, follow.

What are you trying to say?

14 minutes ago, F$K said:

What are you trying to say?

He's CptDirty. I'm guessing it's in the name.

To the OP: You'll find games no doubt. Maturity is the most important characteristic; although I can't say I'd ever routinely be playing with someone as young as you, I have no doubt there are 16-20 year old's in abundance who would. 

On 25/05/2017 at 8:47 PM, Locutis said:

I am a 14 year old and have always been nervous about  communicating in games because of toxicity. This game caught my eye because I have always wanted a game that captures that teamwork ethic while maintaining some sort of realism. Other games just haven't worked for me. Which brings me to my point, can a younger teenager play this game with out getting kicked from a squad or getting chastised for being younger. I would gladly follow orders and communicate at proper times in proper ways, but  I am worried.

Thanks, Locutis

Well, it completely depends on you. In my experience only some kids get kicked not because they are kids but only because they do nonsensical things and say nonsense.

If you will give proper-proper info, like:"There are 2 enemies on south-eastern hill of Train Station", instead of:"There are 2 enemies bearing 170". First one tells everything to everyone. The second one is nonsense in 99 situations out of 100.

Also, don't be one of the guys who communicate as little as possible. Be a guy who communicate more than average player. Don't be afraid. If you are confident, there are less chances you will get bullied by racists.

Second thing is to take most useful kits in a squad and be useful with it. Don't ever take anything with zoom, especially not something from Fire Support Roles group when there are free RPG/GL slots. You will get kicked for taking a sniper(optic rifleman, marksman, optic machine gunner) instead of LAT/HAT on Yehorivka where there are 3 Strykers and 2 more Hummers with CROWS on American side. Take Light Anti-Tank, Heavy Anti-Tank or Grenadier. That's the most hard, useful and wanted kits on most of the maps.

Nobody will kick or trash talk an effective player, unless he's some kind of racist, which also hates teenagers. In this case he has some mental problems.

That being said, there are still a lot of racists, nationalists and other cattle heads which hate everyone who are not like them(age, gender, sexuality, frequency of voice, skin color, etc).

On 25/05/2017 at 9:03 PM, TheNirl said:

That having been said, you will most likely run into an idiot sooner or later. Remember to use that "leave squad" button when that happens. IF it happens for all squads in a server, which is highly unlikely, go look for another one. Too many people just assume the "community is toxic" because they get in a squad with a toxic squad leader, or squad mates, and for some reason decide to stay there. Don't be those people and you'll be fine.

I completely disagree. Instead of using Leave Squad button I usually ask my squad leader to kick this racist bastard(after trash talking this racist and accusing him of being a racist bastard, of course) who insults me(no, I myself finished school many years ago) or other people for some bullshit reasons, like, having too young voice or being from some country which this racist hate or whatever.

What you propose, is, like, leaving a classroom in school when someone calls you 'fatty', 'skinny' or any other funny name. And if there are enough bullies and douches in all classrooms, you propose to change a school. Nah, doesn't work like that. You punch that punk in his face as hard as you can. That's how bullies and douches stop bullying you and others - after getting punched enough times and hard enough in their faces.

In Squad in particular you punch punks in their faces by recording videos of them insulting you for being a teenager and going to admins. These punks will be banned on this server and potentially on squadban.tk later on if they keep up what they do.

Don't leave squads and servers yourself, make punks leave.

Edited by Skul

On 5/25/2017 at 6:47 PM, Locutis said:

Thanks, Locutis

usual online rules apply it's the internet.

However saying that, I would say find a strong, established community or community run server and play there regulary. Get to know a few of the regulars and you will be fine.

If you look, Squad has a wonderful community.

Personally I wouldn't play Squad with you, we use way to much colourful language and talk about some pretty strange subjects and for me, that's not suitiable for under 16's. But there are many decent players that would, you just gotta find em.

Thank you all so much!

I have just purchased the game and it is downloading now. I can't wait for it to finish.

Thanks, Locutis

18 hours ago, Locutis said:

Thank you all so much!

I have just purchased the game and it is downloading now. I can't wait for it to finish.

Thanks, Locutis

Welcome aboard!

Don't mind the few toxic players that lurk in-game, they have got a monkey up their ass or something. I'm sure you're gonna have a great time.

The Firing Range is great when you wanna learn how to use Rocket Launchers, Mortars, Armored vechicles etc. Steam also offers user created guides for further learning.

Edited by Stukad

The topic on the subject of being a young player was asked very frequently and there are many threads on the topic that were created in the past. Therefore, a merged thread was created to continue discussion on the subject in a collected informational way. Please refer to the following link to continue on the topic:
http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/31963-im-a-kid-how-will-people-react-towards-me-and-how-should-i-behave/

I thank you for your understanding and hope you will find a lot of useful information there.
/locked