Major Trouble

Another WW2 game enters the fight

+++++   
21 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Hopefully with performance at the forefront of the developers' minds, so you don't end up playing performance-catch-up every few releases like some other UE4 titles :)

I have to say, I make the stuff look beautiful but I'm working with two guys who are hugely knowledgeable when it comes specifically to UE4 optimization and workflows. 

We've capped our specs to match that of BF1 and we're hugely mindful of our VRAM budget. Without getting too boring, we're implementing a lot of AAA workflows around channel packing textures, wrapping where we can and forcing MIP map streaming low where it doesn't need to be high. At the moment we're feeling really good about frames per second.

People gotta be able to play the game if we want them to buy it! :D

15 hours ago, Sorta said:

Damn looks great, eta on when we can get some more info/footage?

I recommend subscribing to our website - we're going to be dropping some media in the next two weeks!

Edited by +++++

40mmrain   
On 2017-05-25 at 8:45 AM, RoBroCop said:

I for one think this is great. WW2 is definitely an under-developed market. Im getting tired of the same Korean War, Desert Storm, Vietnam games.

Lmao at Desert Storm games. You know the ground fighting lasted 3 days and was an absolute ****ing rout, right? While the Korean war would be cool and all, it's practically identical to WW2 in technology. It's literally WW2 with the occasional helicopter, as well as Mig-15s and Sabres instead of Mustangs and Bf-109s. I mean.. the Me-262 was in WW2 and only slightly less advanced as the Sabre and Mig-15

Also, 'nam has its share of games. There's good Arma mods, Project Reality, and Rising Storm 2. I for one, welcome more WW2.

This one looks amazing too. It's promising a dynamic game mode, a dynamic asset distribution system, and chain of command. Stuff like that will make Squad's pre-allocated vehicle layouts and flag-based game mode look like a dinosaur. No Planes is a letdown though :P

Edited by 40mmrain

Sorta   

Gameplay video and the kickstarter launches tomorrow. This is the first project I'd consider backing.

59 minutes ago, Sorta said:

Gameplay video and the kickstarter launches tomorrow. This is the first project I'd consider backing.

Did you not back Squad? For me I liked what I saw with Squad and the devs had history with PR so it was less of a risk. With HLL (look I started it) I know little to nothing about the dev team but the quality of the screenshots are amazing so I'd have to say they know their stuff. Whether they have the skills to actually move a game to market remains to be seen as well. I suppose with public backing they can get people in place to make it happen. Squad was pretty pricey when it asked for Kickstarter backing so I waited for the Steam release but HLL seems very reasonable so it's a gamble I am willing to take myself.

Edited by Major Trouble

On 6/12/2017 at 1:13 PM, Sorta said:

Nada. Guessing your source was not credible. Hopefully we'll see things down the road. 

Sorta   
10 hours ago, Fandango831 said:

Nada. Guessing your source was not credible. Hopefully we'll see things down the road. 

My source was their email newsletter :^(

Looks so sexy. I hope they don't have the same problem as all the other UE4 titles and suffer with blurry AA the landscape is to beautiful to have myopic vision.

Got to say graphics look nice.

But, the running animations, especially the ones showing german soldiers running seems very odd. Also, the germans usually carried their rifle in one hand when running in combat, if its not slung onto their back. Woluld be nice to see that fixed.

From the trailer I would say this will be like quake type very fast paced madness. Like I said before this trailer came out. The words are just words, until we see how the game plays.

banOkay   
2 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

From the trailer I would say this will be like quake type very fast paced madness.

Is that a joke?

4 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

But, the running animations, especially the ones showing german soldiers running seems very odd. Also, the germans usually carried their rifle in one hand when running in combat, if its not slung onto their back. Woluld be nice to see that fixed.

I actually thought the brief animation looked pretty good which was my first thoughts. I have not gone back and studied them though. However I believe you're right that they were trained to run with the rifle in one hand which is something RO does. It actually helps with target identification at range if you know allies run with both hands holding their rifle and axis with one.