Major Trouble

Another WW2 game enters the fight

Yeah following it for a few weeks now, looks interesting. Is the kickstarter campaign started?

I just hope their programmers match the quality of their artists. It is a looker in the environmental beauty stakes.

Should give Post Scriptum a run for its money and I like the idea of resources capturing zones. I do have reservations how well that one plays out in actual games though. As with Squad if one team is organised and dominant it's very hard to push them back. I see with Hell Let Loose if one team is dominant they'll get extra resources to really push home their advantage. BF1 takes a different approach by giving the loosing team the behemoth to help hold back the more dominant side. Just have to see how it's all implemented.

I for one think this is great. WW2 is definitely an under-developed market. Im getting tired of the same Korean War, Desert Storm, Vietnam games.

5 minutes ago, RoBroCop said:

I for one think this is great. WW2 is definitely an under-developed market. Im getting tired of the same Korean War, Desert Storm, Vietnam games.

Ahh, I sense the sarcasm is strong in you. 9_9

1 hour ago, Major Trouble said:

Ahh, I sense the sarcasm is strong in you. 9_9

Im just saying, just once Id like to play as an American fighting Nazis. I mean, come on.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, RoBroCop said:

Im just saying, just once Id like to play as an American fighting Nazis. I mean, come on.

I'm glad to see another FPS title in the genre, the point and click story driven games were just over-saturating it.

Edited by Catindabox

Posted (edited)

Hmm sounds like squad 1:1. Shit I had that gamemode idea as well

Edited by grimshadow

I checked the site, feels, sound and looks like a Squad off spring but then WW2. A mod ?, none the less, if it's based on realism and historically accurate. i'm getting it

Looks very interesting. I will definitely be keeping my eye on it.

Same dude, a realistic WW2 game with eye for detail ?. **** me, i have been waiting for this all my life. Since The PS1 Medla of honour days i've been waiting

This game presents itself like a dream game. But those are just words so far. If they can back the words up, its going to be BIG. The models and screenshots are high quality.

Posted (edited)
On 2017-5-25 at 7:04 PM, banOkay said:

Isn't this the game @+++++ is working on?

Yeppppppp. Revealed at last. Mind you, it's taken on a life of it's own now.

It's basically my ideal WW2 game that nobody really wanted to try to make.

Plus, I like cohesive art direction. We still have a way to go in some key areas (thankfully not programming!) but I'm excited to show more when we can. 

It's going to be a fun year.

Edited by +++++

16 minutes ago, +++++ said:

Yeppppppp. Revealed at last. Mind you, it's taken on a life of it's own now.

It's basically my ideal WW2 game that nobody really wanted to try to make.

Plus, I like cohesive art direction. We still have a way to go in some key areas (thankfully not programming!) but I'm excited to show more when we can. 

It's going to be a fun year.

How will your game differ from Squad / Post Scriptum ?

Reading up on your site it seems to be a bit more focused on controlling resources and supplies on the map, Company of Heroes style?

10 hours ago, cribbaaa said:

How will your game differ from Squad / Post Scriptum ?

Reading up on your site it seems to be a bit more focused on controlling resources and supplies on the map, Company of Heroes style?

I suppose the key thing is that being a standalone game allows us a completely new approach and control over the way the game is built from the ground up. 

Our graphics, art direction, networking, menus, HUD, UI and base framework all act and feel very different to Squad, or a title built with the SDK. Our weapons feel different, our entire metagame is very, very different, the way our player organisation works is also different (Platoon types and a Commander), as is the player role split, functionality and even the way weapons feel to fire (ours is more like RO2).

My intention has never been to recreate Squad as WW2. The largest reason for this is because I feel that there are opportunities to innovate in many places specific to that conflict and in the final delivery of the title. Stylistically, I also have a different approach to making a game. If anything, Hell Let Loose takes elements from PR circa 2009-2010, combines in with RO2 gunplay and puts it together with a WW2 tailored metagame.

7 minutes ago, +++++ said:

If anything, Hell Let Loose takes elements from PR circa 2009-2010, combines in with RO2 gunplay and puts it together with a WW2 tailored metagame.

Sounds good. Love me some RO2 gunplay. I look forward to seeing it in action!

Posted (edited)

Jesus. Gib me sofort.

Edited by carmikaze

On 5/30/2017 at 8:58 AM, Rainmaker said:

This game presents itself like a dream game. But those are just words so far. If they can back the words up, its going to be BIG. The models and screenshots are high quality.

My thoughts exactly. ;)

On 6/3/2017 at 9:57 AM, +++++ said:

I suppose the key thing is that being a standalone game allows us a completely new approach and control over the way the game is built from the ground up. 

Hopefully with performance at the forefront of the developers' minds, so you don't end up playing performance-catch-up every few releases like some other UE4 titles :)