FIXXXER

destroyed building!?

i've noticed all the buildings in the game look like the were recently built and brand new.

it's not as obvious on the small barracks but on bigger buildings it looks quite strange to me.

would it be possible to add destruction to the buildings!?

before you say there are many topics on this, i am not talking about an active destruction system like in BATTLEFIELD,

i am more thinking of static models that show destruction and maybe some wall textures with bullet holes etc.

image-20150730-25762-1adnfyv.jpg

Nah it's just that it has been asked before plenty of times. Use the search function for your answer. :)

If they don't want to add destructible buildings they should at the very least make the buildings already have destruction modeled so it feels like you are fighting in a war torn area. Even better when they add randomized compounds different parts of the buildings could be destroyed.

46 minutes ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Nah it's just that it has been asked before plenty of times. Use the search function for your answer. :)

i could only find posts where people were asking for ACTIVE destruction but that's not what i am thinking of...

8 minutes ago, ZachTheGunner said:

If they don't want to add destructible buildings they should at the very least make the buildings already have destruction modeled so it feels like you are fighting in a war torn area. 

that's what i am thinking of...

On 5/23/2017 at 6:27 PM, FIXXXER said:

i've noticed all the buildings in the game look like the were recently built and brand new.

it's not as obvious on the small barracks but on bigger buildings it looks quite strange to me.

would it be possible to add destruction to the buildings!?

before you say there are many topics on this, i am not talking about an active destruction system like in BATTLEFIELD,

i am more thinking of static models that show destruction and maybe some wall textures with bullet holes etc.

image-20150730-25762-1adnfyv.jpg

If you're so energetic and jazzed for an environment that has a patina about it... maybe items that have a relic feel to them or perhaps damaged walls etc. You can download all the tools to make it happen and submit you work to the mod section for discussion & approval. 

Just for example, I recall an OWI post about a user designed ammo crate...

Edited by Zylfrax791

Was talking about post processing to show damage over time which sounds like a plausible  thing. 

@Zylfrax791

i think, expounding the idea and maybe get someone who has some experience and skill to do it is a better starting point.

not trying to get away but it's like, hmm i'd like a steak now. ok, first you need to learn how to run a farm and how to raise cattle...

@Smee

it doesn't have to be "dynamic" at all, just adding some bullet holes etc. to the walls would be perfect, if i understand correctly

the work would be in creating new textures or modifying existing ones. shouldn't be that much of a big thing to do...

13 hours ago, FIXXXER said:

@Zylfrax791

i think, expounding the idea and maybe get someone who has some experience and skill to do it is a better starting point.

not trying to get away but it's like, hmm i'd like a steak now. ok, first you need to learn how to run a farm and how to raise cattle...

@Smee

it doesn't have to be "dynamic" at all, just adding some bullet holes etc. to the walls would be perfect, if i understand correctly

the work would be in creating new textures or modifying existing ones. shouldn't be that much of a big thing to do...

Hardly a good or even logical comparison. Unreal Editor and all the other tools you'd need to accomplish what you're suggesting others do to satisfy your perceived need are actually free whilst cattle, hay and a ranch cost a considerable amount of money. 

13 hours ago, FIXXXER said:

Edited by Zylfrax791

well, it depends... i am simply asking for a steak i have no intention of becoming a farmer.

in general, i think i made a reasonable suggestion, so why are you seing it as "my perceived need"?

i think "rough" looking buildings would add to the immersion and if someone who has the skills is ready to give it a shot, why not?

i really do not see a problem here, nor the need for me to start learning how to create game content from scratch.

Variety in buildings state of repair may come during the QoL phase. Hopefully. It can bring different tactics and certainly a more immersive environment. 

destroyed buildings are the best thing to look at in battlefield. +1

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

+1

I hate all the replies telling you to just do it yourself. This is a suggestion for the developers- he shouldn't be forced to create something himself for the game. It's not like he's going on rants about something unreasonable to add to the game.

Some more wear and tear in general across the map could do it a lot of good. But yes I agree some more broken/weathered buildings would be really nice.

On 24/05/2017 at 4:27 AM, FIXXXER said:

Did you consider the fact that they actually were recently built by OWI? :D

It will be a nice addition to the game in the futur (when devs will have the time to work on it and if they want :)). Maybe we can have some bullets hole and destroyed house when the match start but maybe the devs can script some "damaged building" texture ? Or even create some "damaged states" as shown in those vids : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWWiaIb73QY and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAd-v8YlzFM

However I don't know if this kind of destruction is more "ressources consuming" than the ones in BF...

Edited by morse27