Pvt. Lewis

Is Al basrah glitched now? (Lighting)

Posted (edited)

After the 9.4 update, I thought I was one of the few here who was blinded by how the lighting on al basrah was increased. After playing in a squad today, turns out most of us alter the gamma setting when we play al basrah so we aren't blinded. Then we drove up on some of the rivers/streams, and the water was discolored ( almost white/greenish)....therefore this has led me to believe some type of glitched occurred. @ChanceBrahh I'm sure you have noticed this difference. The map was perfectly lighted in the previous patch. Do you know what happened?

Edited by Pvt. Lewis

I prefer Al Basrah with less intense light that we have now.

44 minutes ago, Socrates said:

I prefer Al Basrah with less intense light that we have now.

Agreed. lol I have to pull out my sun glasses 

Whilst i can agree with you about it being abit bright i must say that i have grown to like the new lighting, this wasnt done by me but by oxy.

On my old monitor it was super bright but this new ISP monitor the colours look much more natural, hopefully we can adjust it slightly

Had way more atmosphere originally than it does now.  Definitely feels like the gamma is way off.

Could be a bit more sand colored tbh

3 hours ago, rainey06au said:

Had way more atmosphere originally than it does now.  Definitely feels like the gamma is way off.

Yeah really hoping they revert it back to what it was now that we know this was intentional. It just seems the gamma is way too high, and even makes the water look weird. After playing on al basrah now, every map you play afterwards feels like night time in comparison. @ChanceBrahh Thanks for your time and I hope you can revert it to how YOU originally had it. 

setting defaulted to epic on 9.4. my medium settings are ok for brightness

I'd have to agree on this one... the brighter Al Basrah version is way too bright. I also turn down the gamma... way down. However, I do like the newer dawn version of Al Basrah, actually think its the best lighting on this map.

On 5/18/2017 at 6:51 AM, PROTOCOL said:

I'd have to agree on this one... the brighter Al Basrah version is way too bright. I also turn down the gamma... way down. 

Why did @oxygencube change the lighting if people were generally pleased with the look of al basrah in the beginning but now have issues? I wonder what kind of monitor he is using. :(

OP is completely right! At first i thought it was bug that will be sorted out soon trough hotfix... yet it's still here. Previous lighting was perfect.

On 5/19/2017 at 1:17 PM, Disco said:

OP is completely right! At first i thought it was bug that will be sorted out soon trough hotfix... yet it's still here. Previous lighting was perfect.

Wow you actually agreed! That's a first. 

Simply turning off Eye Adaptation makes it better imo. Try it and see. :) 

13 hours ago, Shieldss said:

I prefer the old coloring.

Agreed. Really hope they adjust it. Very blinding compared to the other maps 

On 5/22/2017 at 2:24 PM, DesmoLocke said:

Simply turning off Eye Adaptation makes it better imo. Try it and see. :) 

Do you do this for every map?