GarryTHEdaddy

Names above players heads

I like them in close range only so you can warn people. I hate fumbling around trying to figure out who it is I'm trying to save from the nade that dropped nearby, the baddie around the corner, sneaking up etc. IRL, you'd know who was who at any angle and any range, you wouldn't be dropped into combat with a bunch of strangers. Otherwise, off. 

I'm with this here. If you are with your unit you immediately recognize their faces, no need to look at them for like 3 seconds. This hasn't to do with "not talking to each other" or "CoD-like".

I can easily recognize my mates from my unit like 20+m away, and to simulate this there should be nametags visible at a certain distance without any "mouse over" or stuff like that.

I personally don't like name tags displayed on my screen,it all looks messy,what I do in JO is switch name tags off and just have friendlies with a marker above their heads.

I'd would definitely like this option in Squad Imho.

Was it "F" in JO like it was in DFLW? It would cycle from names to a line above their head to nothing. That was a cool system.

Was it "F" in JO like it was in DFLW? It would cycle from names to a line above their head to nothing. That was a cool system.

Yep I think so for "F" friendlies...But I got mine on "K" for some reason!..Yeah it's a good system for it's time.

Yep I think so for "F" friendlies...But I got mine on "K" for some reason!..Yeah it's a good system for it's time.

It still is. Stop be a such fanboy mate. :D

I think it were K for default as F did have something else IIRC. Also F5 or F4 did cycle the hud elements on and off, although the order of the elements were a bit wrong... I would have liked the view only radar + objective stuff on screen so I kept everything on because of that. That is one game that were designed to be highly customisable, but did lack a manual on those things (the game.ini values and effects etc.) ie. you actually still can turn the X killed Y from middle of the screen of from there, which were introduced in latest patch in 2009, but none ever suggested that, guide opposite I did always heard it were hardcoded *meh*. There is many good exampless what game devs should not to do on that corner of FPS gaming and examples how to turn gold nugget to piece of turd and loose everything.

i am sure it was always, F key for meds?, Devs, don't forget about fully deaf or half deaf ppl, hearing impaired players need some sort of basic ID visual, .....just saying.

i am sure it was always, F key for meds?, Devs, don't forget about fully deaf or half deaf ppl, hearing impaired players need some sort of basic ID visual, .....just saying.

Exclaty that mate I'm deaf in my left ear so when people are talking to me on local on PR I have to turn to hear them if they are on my left side lol

I played insurgency for the first time last night and I would hate to squad to have the same system they do with the Constant names above there heads and being able to see them no matter what, I think the PR system is good when it works but there name showing up instantly when you look at them rather then a delay

Exclaty that mate I'm deaf in my left ear so when people are talking to me on local on PR I have to turn to hear them if they are on my left side lol

Fuken yes bro, left ear too!, fuk you, fuk all those who have perfect hearing...fuken hackers!! :P Anyone who has good hearing....please look after it!!

Fuken yes bro, left ear too, fuk you, you fukin cvnt, fuk all those who have perfect hearing...fuken hackers!! :P Anyone who has good hearing....please look after it!!

Lol a little off topic but.....

It's a nightmare right when your playing campaign in a game and the AI is standing to the left of you telling you something important and by the time you figure out he is saying something and turn round in game some you can hear him he has finished talking

Fuken yes bro, left ear too!, fuk you, fuk all those who have perfect hearing...fuken hackers!! :P Anyone who has good hearing....please look after it!!

Huh?...What did you say!?,I can't hear ya!.. :lol: Nah, I actually like the system in JO pressed "K" and players names appeared so I can speak to the individual concerned,press "K" and just symbol over the heads,as I mentioned before don't like players names allover my screen,just looks messy and takes away the amazing in game graphics!!..Imho :)  

Huh?...What did you say!?,I can't hear ya!.. :lol: Nah, I actually like the system in JO pressed "K" and players names appeared so I can speak to the individual concerned,press "K" and just symbol over the heads,as I mentioned before don't like players names allover my screen,just looks messy and takes away the amazing in game graphics!!..Imho :)  

Once again I can assure you, mate. Even with all 9 guys bunched up in one area, the names don't fill the screen. And I even play on a small monitor compared to most gamers.

Once again I can assure you, mate. Even with all 9 guys bunched up in one area, the names don't fill the screen. And I even play on a small monitor compared to most gamers.

Thanks Man!...Gonna wait and see and what I've seen of late...Fookin' awesome!.. :D

I think having friendly player names show at close distance is good, but you shouldn't make it to easy to identify targets from hundreds of meters away, might aswell disable friendly fire then.

When you're within close distance I believe the names of your friends should show up but beyond 10-15 metres it should turn off and not let you see anyone's name.