GarryTHEdaddy

Names above players heads

Did you watch any videos? The nameplates are so small and out of the way that the elitist people won't hardly notice them. 

I did,and when you have a player laying down,and your trying to look/shoot over them, That nameplate is dead center in YOUR screen.Im pretty close to watching almost all the videos on youtube on this game, the nameplates should stay the way they are, but should be set to a key that will bring them up,or even have it as a Toggle switch. 

Yeah lets have name and markers above their heads, hell why not make all enemy bright red and friendly bright blue and turn off friendly fire too so if it move just use all your mag onit and if it lives its friendly etc etc.  

But seriously guys this is what makes this different form other fps, You will actually have to think in this game not just point and shoot. If you cant tell its enemy DONT shoot.

Have to agree ,lets keep it real out there guy's because it is part of the gameplay in project reality where you have to identify who's the bad guy and who is not ,this is also one of the reasons you must have good communication skills between your squad and others at all times , your squad leader should be checking his map for friendly's in the area and keeping you updated when getting visual movement around your area ,by aiming at who ever you should be able to recognize from there uniform or weapon they carry not just by the name over there head i think,some squads may have squad formation or a routine where they know who is at the back,front ,sides and all that jazz because of squad classes they may have at that time, you should know where your team mates are unless there just running around willy nilly :D

But that's just take on it :)

I agree. The realism side is... when you're close you can make out your buddy's face. When you're distanced, they just look like any other soldier. Why not just have distance play into it?

That being said... Garry, I don't know about the future player models, but right now you can DEFINITELY tell that the enemy isn't your team mates. The race, the uniform, the guns..

Yeah that's why I said it won't be a problem at the start because it's not hard to tell between a soldier and a Taliban

Player names only show when your looking at your teammates directly.

It's barely up, but I'm just going to put this here.

Thank god some of you are going to be playing so you can realize that the systems they've put in work. Check your expectations; this isn't exactly PR 2. The nameplates didn't affect gameplay in a negative way at all so rest assured. 

Or US v Ruskies...It's is going to be a problem when we get western military against each other...Damn it's going to be Fun.

Edt:If that happens.

Russians Are next to be put in the game ain't they ?

Already In Sir!!.. :)

PS.Still in it's early infancy.

Oh cool iv only seen gameplay between us and the insurgents,

I know they had a stretch goal to put in the Brits but now that the kickstarter has ended will that just depend on future sell's ?

Oh cool iv only seen gameplay between us and the insurgents,

I know they had a stretch goal to put in the Brits but now that the kickstarter has ended will that just depend on future sell's ?

KickStarter goals/monies where for how soon/quickly they could implement them,the Brits are coming!

If my memory serves me!?

I'd rather have it like in PR. Only show names within a couple of meters, but also only if you aim at them for a second. I don't want to loose the ability to sneak inside a squad who has zero situational awareness and mow everyone down when the time is right. With name tags showing up everytime someone is close to you, identifying enemies in CQB would become too easy imo. Also kills immersion if names are shining around you the whole time when moving with your squad.

Nametags should be present, they should show up after aiming at a friendly for a moment and have somewhat limited range (at least 40m). It's not as much about avoiding FF as it's about telling if somebody is a part of your fireteam/ squad.

It would be extra nice if they showed up over somebody's body instead of over their head, be colour coded to show if somebody's part of your team, squad or fireteam and have a nice fade in/ fade out effect.

Nametags benefit everything, including teamwork.

I did,and when you have a player laying down,and your trying to look/shoot over them, That nameplate is dead center in YOUR screen.Im pretty close to watching almost all the videos on youtube on this game, the nameplates should stay the way they are, but should be set to a key that will bring them up,or even have it as a Toggle switch. 

In my knowledge there is no prone yet implemented to Squad are you talking about ProjectReality?

PS.. The nametags could have a script implemented that makes them avoid your center of the screen / point of aim. ...Later on the development pipe?

There should not be any name tags in game in my opinion as a PR veteran. Unless absolutely minimal, transparent and only viewable from very close range or hovering over that friendly for a few seconds (like PR).

This isn't COD! 

I like them in close range only so you can warn people. I hate fumbling around trying to figure out who it is I'm trying to save from the nade that dropped nearby, the baddie around the corner, sneaking up etc. IRL, you'd know who was who at any angle and any range, you wouldn't be dropped into combat with a bunch of strangers. Otherwise, off. 

There should not be any name tags in game in my opinion as a PR veteran. Unless absolutely minimal, transparent and only viewable from very close range or hovering over that friendly for a few seconds (like PR).

This isn't COD! 

+1

This isn't COD! 

No, but still it would be nice to know with who you are playing or who gives the orders. Now what I see on PR (vids) is mostly clusterfuck if players are not familiar with each others.

No, but still it would be nice to know with who you are playing or who gives the orders. Now what I see on PR (vids) is mostly clusterfuck if players are not familiar with each others.

Yep they are clusterfucks if your in a squad which is not talking ingame or the squad leader is not communicating but ,You will find it will be trail and error finding the right squad in PR like i think it will be in squad ,if your on your own joining a server and then a squad ,first thing to do is say hi or ask what kit the squad leader may need from there if you have no reply they are either on there own TS or just not using ingame for whatever reason ,been there done that :lol: ,just leave and try another one until you find one which atleast talks ingame or go and make a decision and go sqd leader yourself if you have the know how.

to get awareness where your team mates are you have to be able to communicate first.

Sorry for going topic :mellow:

I like them in close range only so you can warn people. I hate fumbling around trying to figure out who it is I'm trying to save from the nade that dropped nearby, the baddie around the corner, sneaking up etc. IRL, you'd know who was who at any angle and any range, you wouldn't be dropped into combat with a bunch of strangers. Otherwise, off. 

You save everybody nearby if there's a nade, I,e  "GREENNAAADDEEEE!!!!!"    Besides while wandering around with your squad you get to know them by talking, you don't have to look at them. And with positional audio its pretty easy to see who's talking to you.

LoL..."MURay", Beer Rage!. :lol:

I personally don't like name tags displayed on my screen,it all looks messy,what I do in JO is switch name tags off and just have friendlies with a marker above their heads.

I'd would definitely like this option in Squad Imho.

Ha!!  If we meet on the battlefield and I surely do hope we do and if we are on the same team you better have a beer in your kit or things wont end well for you!!!  :lol:

Oh dear... better go stock up on beer in case I happen to be on the same server as you.

You seem like a "take no prisoners" kinda guy.... 

Bah, Ive teamkilled just because the guy wouldnt buy me a beer.

Glad I bought you that beer old friend !

and that's no lie.. :)

Ha!!  If we meet on the battlefield and I surely do hope we do and if we are on the same team you better have a beer in your kit or things wont end well for you!!!  :lol:

Roger that!...Beers already in the cooler bag...Sir!!. :D

But if you are the enemy,you'll be getting nowt!. :P

Oh dear... better go stock up on beer in case I happen to be on the same server as you.

You seem like a "take no prisoners" kinda guy.... 

....and extra medpacks!!!